Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: GOP lawmakers liken EPA info tactics to IRS targeting of Tea Party

  1. #21
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sigh. You still don't even know what happened here. Those nine criteria are NOT RELEVANT TO THIS CASE. Those are criteria for denying an FOIA case entirely. I'll put this in bold for you.

    The FOIA requests from conservative groups were not denied.

    Requests to waive the fee were denied.

    And you have no evidence regarding the reason these denials occurred. It doesn't "appear" that way. You are perceiving it that way. It's interesting that you make these declarations despite not even knowing the basic facts of the situation.



    Precisely. I am privy to no facts. And neither are you. Or the guy quoted above, who UNLIKE ME, actually HAS "ruled out" a chance of innocence. I didn't rule out anything.

    "The FOIA requests from conservative groups were not denied."

    "I didn't rule anythign out"

    you can't make this kind of idiocy up people.


    Ps. You ruled out that the playing field has changed. How could you possibly know this?
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 05-20-13 at 07:14 PM.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    "The FOIA requests from conservative groups were not denied."

    "I didn't rule anythign out"

    you can't make this kind of idiocy up people.


    Ps. You ruled out that the playing field has changed. How could you possibly know this?
    For ****'s sake go back and read the article in the OP.

    In a letter to Acting EPA Administrator Bob Perciasepe on Friday, four Republicans accused the agency of routinely waiving fees

    that show that 92 percent of all fee waivers

    submit to Congress information on fee waivers

    Like other parts of the federal government, the EPA sometimes charges fees for research hours and photocopying of documents requested by a FOIA.

    The agency judges requests for waived fees based on six factors


    And so on and so forth

    I said the policy had remained the same. If interpretations have changed, or its enforcement has been unequal, feel free to present some actual evidence.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-20-13 at 07:30 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,624
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you just revealed how phony your sign on and supposed lean are.
    1. Republican =/= conservative.
    2. Libertarian =/= conservative.
    3. Learn proper English, before trying to dis someone.
    4. I don't understand how I could be a so-called "phony" when I have never even heard of an "environmental" conservative group. Even the few pointed out on here are questionable. And no, Republicans asking for information about the Climategate emails does not = an environmental group. If such groups exist as you claim, then I will admit my incompetence but that doesn't mean I am a phony. I bet YOU don't even support the GOP!
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  4. #24
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    1. Republican =/= conservative.
    2. Libertarian =/= conservative.
    3. Learn proper English, before trying to dis someone.
    4. I don't understand how I could be a so-called "phony" when I have never even heard of an "environmental" conservative group. Even the few pointed out on here are questionable. And no, Republicans asking for information about the Climategate emails does not = an environmental group. If such groups exist as you claim, then I will admit my incompetence but that doesn't mean I am a phony. I bet YOU don't even support the GOP!
    moderate <> you

    centrist <> you

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yeah that is just even so far detached from reality that it surprises me that even you would say it. Avid hunters and fishermen are conservationist for the most part--they just think in terms of cleaning plastic bottles and tires out of streams and woods as opposed to parts per million of CO2.
    Yes, yes, this old yarn. We know what conservation means to conservatives -- lease it out to industry.

  6. #26
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sigh. You still don't even know what happened here. Those nine criteria are NOT RELEVANT TO THIS CASE. Those are criteria for denying an FOIA case entirely. I'll put this in bold for you.

    The FOIA requests from conservative groups were not denied.

    Requests to waive the fee were denied.

    And you have no evidence regarding the reason these denials occurred. It doesn't "appear" that way. You are perceiving it that way. It's interesting that you make these declarations despite not even knowing the basic facts of the situation.



    Precisely. I am privy to no facts. And neither are you. Or the guy quoted above, who UNLIKE ME, actually HAS "ruled out" a chance of innocence. I didn't rule out anything.
    Again, you're not getting it at all, and as I originally said, it's intentional. The waiver is not arbitrary, but it appears that it was arbitrarily applied to groups labeled as conservative. Nothing in EPA policy, not the exemptions, not the criteria - nothing mentions labeling groups as this or that, and it's certainly not remotely within the functions of a federal agency to identify political lean of those seeking information. In fact, one EPA official portrays the fee largely as a function of the time and money required to "copy" to paper the information itself. Because this is largely done electronically now, the fee is unnecessary. Their explanation Deuce, not mine.

  7. #27
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    In conservative speak, conservation means sell to the highest bidder.

    The OP proves what most progressive know: the attack on the IRS is just part of a bigger smear campaign the GOP has against all government agencies that prevent the rich from running roughshod over the rest of America. So they make stuff up. It's what conservatives do.
    More unsubstantiated bull**** from the meme machine. Tea Party groups aren't rich.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yes, yes, this old yarn. We know what conservation means to conservatives -- lease it out to industry.
    The Boy Scout of America are a conservation group. They promote respect for the forest.

    http://www.scouting.org/filestore/me...Foundation.pdf

    NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Again, you're not getting it at all, and as I originally said, it's intentional. The waiver is not arbitrary, but it appears that it was arbitrarily applied to groups labeled as conservative. Nothing in EPA policy, not the exemptions, not the criteria - nothing mentions labeling groups as this or that, and it's certainly not remotely within the functions of a federal agency to identify political lean of those seeking information. In fact, one EPA official portrays the fee largely as a function of the time and money required to "copy" to paper the information itself. Because this is largely done electronically now, the fee is unnecessary. Their explanation Deuce, not mine.
    There's that word "appears" again.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #30
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Scandal 4: EPA Targets Conservative Groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There's that word "appears" again.
    "Appears" is used in association with a pattern of abuse that is developing - this is not limited to the EPA alone, as you know. It is apparent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •