Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election [W:18, 57]

  1. #21
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election [W:18, 57]There are about a BAZILLION threads about Benghazi. Take those discussions there. I understand that "both are scandals so related" but this thread is in *breaking news* and has a very SPECIFIC topic. Stick to THAT topic or you'll be removed from it
    oops, didn't see this. sorry.

    i'm not sure what legal issues exist on not being up front about politically damaging investigations taking place.

    It stinks real bad, but other then pointing out how stinky it was, I doubt anything can be done.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I really think Harry Reid has some explaining to do now as well.

    way too many people coming forward with info about the IRS actively trying to hurt conservative groups. Harry Reid used so called IRS tips to hurl accusations at Romney, clearly in an attempt to hurt him. where did he get his info?

    It certainly adds new perspective to the many calls for Romney to release oodles and oodles of tax returns beyond what the law required and Obama had done. I suspect they knew there was something in them that they wanted to make political hay out of but they could not get him to bite and would have been busted cold had they attacked him on it without his releasing the returns. I suspect that is where the smear campaign about questionable offshore accounts in the blogosphere began.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Sure I do, but do I think he was doing something nefarious all the while? No.

    The only strawman here is your constant reference to golfing and vacationing on the taxpayers dime.
    What do you mean by nefarious? Who said anything about "nefarious"? What is it with you and these pathetic strawmen?

  4. #24
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Again, not a strawman.

    With respect to the moderator, back to the OP. Until the investigations are complete, it's just assuming. Right now there is no connection between Obama and the IRS scandal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    What do you mean by nefarious? Who said anything about "nefarious"? What is it with you and these pathetic strawmen?
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Again, not a strawman.

    With respect to the moderator, back to the OP. Until the investigations are complete, it's just assuming. Right now there is no connection between Obama and the IRS scandal.
    There absolutely is a connection. The NYT just reported that Obama lied about when he knew the IRS was targeting these groups.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Go ahead, point it out.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us...l?ref=politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There absolutely is a connection. The NYT just reported that Obama lied about when he knew the IRS was targeting these groups.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    So Obama is a clueless moron who knows nothing about everything. Got it.

  8. #28
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    First your posts lacked substance, now they are losing style. I am merely wondering if you can point to some ACTUAL evidence of Obama knowing about this prior to the 2012 election. You made the claim, I just want you to back it up with some FACTUAL evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    So Obama is a clueless moron who knows nothing about everything. Got it.
    Hail to the King baby!

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    First your posts lacked substance, now they are losing style. I am merely wondering if you can point to some ACTUAL evidence of Obama knowing about this prior to the 2012 election. You made the claim, I just want you to back it up with some FACTUAL evidence.
    His most senior officials were notified in June 2012

    As the sole person occupying the executive branch of Government, if he wasn't notified of this what does that say about his competence? I'm buying into your premise. You don't have any evidence that he wasn't notified for one. You're assuming and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Secondly you're buying into the excuse that he knew nothing. He's just a clueless politician living in a bubble who has no idea what the people directly under his supervision are doing on his watch.

    I can accept that until more evidence comes to light

  10. #30
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: IRS Deliberately Chose Not to Fess Up to Scandal Before Election

    Nice try. But I'm not going to that level. Your position has been refuted. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    His most senior officials were notified in June 2012

    As the sole person occupying the executive branch of Government, if he wasn't notified of this what does that say about his competence? I'm buying into your premise. You don't have any evidence that he wasn't notified for one. You're assuming and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Secondly you're buying into the excuse that he knew nothing. He's just a clueless politician living in a bubble who has no idea what the people directly under his supervision are doing on his watch.

    I can accept that until more evidence comes to light
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •