Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 378

Thread: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

  1. #31
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    If true this will be amusing in a very sad sort of way. It will be funny watching how the RW spins, twists and flops around on this one. On the other hand it does sound too stupid to be true. Besides I am watching Fox and they have not reported it yet. Cant be true.
    What is worse are the cons/rwers here that when shown the evidence refuse to look at it or understand it.

    Cognitive dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #32
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, they edited the emails and leaked them to Kinney at ABC.

    You just refuse to read the article in the OP.
    Now why would you conclude that?

    I read the article. I'm trying to get the logic of what is being suggested put in writing.

    Given this administrations history, it's quite logical to suppose the White House altered the emails after seeing the real ones the GOP released

    Ever thought of that?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Keep dancing guys. GOP operatives altered evidence. The only issue is not who is going to resign in the GOP leadership, but who's going to jail. Evidence tampering is a crime.
    This is not a criminal investigation, no one is going to jail, stop over selling it.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,422

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What is worse are the cons/rwers here that when shown the evidence refuse to look at it or understand it.

    Cognitive dissonance.
    Evidence of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Now why would you conclude that?
    Um, for the same reason that CBS did, the edits used the ABC reports were obviously edited.

    I read the article. I'm trying to get the logic of what is being suggested put in writing.

    Given this administrations history, it's quite logical to suppose the White House altered the emails after seeing the real ones the GOP released

    Ever thought of that?
    I disagree, I don't think your supposition is logical, why would the WH double down on such an easily exposed cover-up, Nuland's email was sent to many people, any of which could blow the whistle.

    Since these were leaked to ABC, the object would be to spin the story, and it was.


    Update 4:48 p.m.: ABC's Karl offered a more full explanation of the difference in a blog post this afternoon. Karl says he was "quoting verbatim a source who reviewed the original documents and shared detailed notes" for his description. The source was not allowed to make copies of the original email. Karl also defends the original representation.

    I asked my original source today to explain the different wording on the Ben Rhodes e-mail, and the fact that the words “State Department” were not included in the e-mail provided to CNN’s Tapper.

    This was my source’s response, via e-mail: “WH reply was after a long chain of email about State Dept concerns. So when WH emailer says, take into account all equities, he is talking about the State equities, since that is what the email chain was about.”
    What ABC Left Out Of Its Report On Benghazi Talking Points | ThinkProgress
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #36
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    That is what I been trying to tell you guys. There is no evidence of any wrong doing in Benghazi, but the RW can see that fine. There is very obvious evidnece someone altered an email, the RWers wont be able to see diddly. LIke I said, funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Evidence of what?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Evidence of what?
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,659

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What you are quoting isn't a refutation. It's obfuscation.

    The emails released by the WH clearly show talking points which disclose suspects, prior warnings and prior atatcks being pared down to damned near nothing. They also show that the department pushing for those changes was the State Department.

    Again, all you have to do is read through the emails. It's all right there.

  9. #39
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, for the same reason that CBS did, the edits used the ABC reports were obviously edited.

    I disagree, I don't think your supposition is logical, why would the WH double down on such an easily exposed cover-up, Nuland's email was sent to many people, any of which could blow the whistle.

    Since these were leaked to ABC, the object would be to spin the story, and it was.


    What ABC Left Out Of Its Report On Benghazi Talking Points | ThinkProgress

    Why would the GOP present information that would be so easily refuted later? Makes no sense for the same reason.

    However, who is going to question the veracity of the information released by the White House?

    Discounting that calls into question an ability to be objective...

  10. #40
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    What you are quoting isn't a refutation. It's obfuscation.

    The emails released by the WH clearly show talking points which disclose suspects, prior warnings and prior atatcks being pared down to damned near nothing. They also show that the department pushing for those changes was the State Department.

    Again, all you have to do is read through the emails. It's all right there.
    Yes, and Nuland's TRUE concern was right there too, that she did not want all of that intel released for security reasons, she wanted any and all leads to remain intact.

    It was not done for political reasons as implied by the leak to ABC, and even Petraeus confirmed that back in November.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-17-13 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •