Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 378

Thread: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

  1. #231
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    It implies coverup. Why has the White House been so reticent to release these emails? There was no there there a week past Sept 11, but later on there was much ambiguity. There is still much data that has yet to be released. Will it change the issue? Who knows.
    No matter who made the changes,they were approved by the CIA. And you must remember these are UNCLASSIFIED talking points... that's why the references to al-Qaida were taken out. The US government didn't want to tip off the terrorists.

    David Ignatius: Benghazi intelligence revealed - The Washington Post

  2. #232
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So this is all about a "cover-up" for a week if that? Some cover-up. You must think we are ALL idiots to believe that was a serious consideration.
    You know Republicans would ****up a wet dream, don't you? In my opinion they don't give two ****s about those four people we lost, they just want make political hay over their dead bodies. What **** has happen to the GOP?

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You know Republicans would ****up a wet dream, don't you? In my opinion they don't give two ****s about those four people we lost, they just want make political hay over their dead bodies. What **** has happen to the GOP?
    They also want another excuse for being such losers in the election. All of this crap was well known before the polls opened last year and Romney got owned on Benghazi in the last debate. Yet you keep hearing this "we would have won if....." BS.
    It is nothing but a circus to distract us from our ever improving economy...that's the REAL "scandal" in Washington. The 2013 deficit is dropping like a stone and the stock market is at record highs. All really bad news for the GOP and they will do anything to distract us from it.
    No matter what the Republicans say or do Democrats know how to grow the economy and that is what we need now. We can save those GOP recessions for better times.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    No matter who made the changes,they were approved by the CIA. And you must remember these are UNCLASSIFIED talking points... that's why the references to al-Qaida were taken out. The US government didn't want to tip off the terrorists.

    David Ignatius: Benghazi intelligence revealed - The Washington Post
    Ambiguous...the US government didn't want to tip off the terrorist to what they did? Or that we knew they did it? We are at war with al-Qaida why would they think we would NOT suspect them given the region?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You know Republicans would ****up a wet dream, don't you? In my opinion they don't give two ****s about those four people we lost, they just want make political hay over their dead bodies. What **** has happen to the GOP?
    Sure some are doing it to make hay apparently taking initiative from Rahm (never let a good crisis go to waste'). The same could be said for those who persist in trying GWB over Iraq. Though we admittedly know more about Iraq ~10yrs later than Benghazi 8mo later. As for me I want to know why, who and how. Why couldn't the most powerful country in the world who spends more (~) on defense that the rest of the world combined couldn't do something? Who dropped the ball and what is the accountability actions for him/her? How do we prevent this in the future?

    I find it quite incompetent (at whatever level) that we didn't have a group ready to react given the significance of the date AND the apparent early warnings that were given.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,273

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    "We've got no time for excuses?" Nope! Using race to exploit and divide? Never!. Never let an opportunity pass by unused? Seldom! Oh, woe is me! :
    Seriously, Pol ...
    What kind of person would you have to be to repeatedly say those kinds of self-identifying things and either be so utterly unaware of it... or, far more likely, just completely in deceit mode after many years of practice & experience.
    Amazing he's still around 50% approval.

  7. #237
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Ambiguous...the US government didn't want to tip off the terrorist to what they did? Or that we knew they did it? We are at war with al-Qaida why would they think we would NOT suspect them given the region?
    I don't know why, but it worth noting there was a secret CIA operation at Benghazi.

    Petraeus Says U.S. Tried to Avoid Tipping Off Terrorists After Libya Attack

    Mr. Petraeus and other top C.I.A. officials signed off on the draft and then circulated it to other intelligence agencies, as well as the State Department and National Security Council.

    At some point in the process — Mr. Petraeus told lawmakers he was not sure where — objections were raised to naming the groups, and the less specific word “extremists” was substituted.

    “The fact is, the reference to Al Qaeda was taken out somewhere along the line by someone outside the intelligence community,” Representative Peter T. King, a New York Republican, said after the House hearing. “We need to find out who did it and why.”

    After the hearings on Friday, administration officials disputed the notion that politics or other motives caused the changes.

    “The points were not, as has been insinuated by some, edited to minimize the role of extremists, diminish terrorist affiliations, or play down that this was an attack,” said a senior official familiar with the drafting of the talking points. “There were legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly.”

    Some intelligence analysts worried, for instance, that identifying the groups could reveal that American spy services were eavesdropping on the militants — a fact most insurgents are already aware of. Justice Department lawyers expressed concern about jeopardizing the F.B.I.’s criminal inquiry in the attacks. Other officials voiced concern that making the names public, at least right away, would create a circular reporting loop and hamper efforts to trail the militants.

  8. #238
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Some intelligence analysts worried, for instance, that identifying the groups could reveal that American spy services were eavesdropping on the militants — a fact most insurgents are already aware of. Justice Department lawyers expressed concern about jeopardizing the F.B.I.’s criminal inquiry in the attacks. Other officials voiced concern that making the names public, at least right away, would create a circular reporting loop and hamper efforts to trail the militants.
    Thank you for substantiating my point...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #239
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Thank you for substantiating my point...
    Ah, but it doesn't substantiate you point, the comment you highlighted was an opinion expressed by the writer of the piece, Eric Schmitt.

    I also need to remind you that these are UNCLASSIFIED talking points.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims [W:361]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't know why, but it worth noting there was a secret CIA operation at Benghazi.

    Petraeus Says U.S. Tried to Avoid Tipping Off Terrorists After Libya Attack

    Mr. Petraeus and other top C.I.A. officials signed off on the draft and then circulated it to other intelligence agencies, as well as the State Department and National Security Council.

    At some point in the process — Mr. Petraeus told lawmakers he was not sure where — objections were raised to naming the groups, and the less specific word “extremists” was substituted.

    “The fact is, the reference to Al Qaeda was taken out somewhere along the line by someone outside the intelligence community,” Representative Peter T. King, a New York Republican, said after the House hearing. “We need to find out who did it and why.”

    After the hearings on Friday, administration officials disputed the notion that politics or other motives caused the changes.

    “The points were not, as has been insinuated by some, edited to minimize the role of extremists, diminish terrorist affiliations, or play down that this was an attack,” said a senior official familiar with the drafting of the talking points. “There were legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly.”

    Some intelligence analysts worried, for instance, that identifying the groups could reveal that American spy services were eavesdropping on the militants — a fact most insurgents are already aware of. Justice Department lawyers expressed concern about jeopardizing the F.B.I.’s criminal inquiry in the attacks. Other officials voiced concern that making the names public, at least right away, would create a circular reporting loop and hamper efforts to trail the militants.
    Watch, now the Tea party occupation forces and Issa will claim that Petraeus was in on the "conspiracy". They are that freaky.

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •