Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    That has nothing to do with this they were given the emails before us they "leaked" them in calling for the White House to release the rest of them and the whole thing. The White House did now the White House is sitting back and laughing their ass' off at those Republicans after they reworded several key elements of them
    Again, to bad CNN and all the rest of the MS liberal media says that don't change the fact that they didn't know when Nuland was concerned about her Dept. So your point about Republicans knowing doesn't come into play until after Nuland steps in for her Dept.

  2. #12
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Again, to bad CNN and all the rest of the MS liberal media says that don't change the fact that they didn't know when Nuland was concerned about her Dept. So your point about Republicans knowing doesn't come into play until after Nuland steps in for her Dept.
    How does this not matter? Rewording emails and then releasing them? How is that not a problem that comes into play?


  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    How does this not matter? Rewording emails and then releasing them? How is that not a problem that comes into play?
    It was shown to ya.....How it began With Nuland even before Republicans were involved in the Process.

  4. #14
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It was shown to ya.....How it began With Nuland even before Republicans were involved in the Process.
    So? It has nothing to do with Republicans changing the wording of the email to further their political cause to make it sound "worse".


  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So? It has nothing to do with Republicans changing the wording of the email to further their political cause to make it sound "worse".
    How can the Republicans make it sound worse when the ARB already pointed out how bad the managerial Failures were? Maybe they are playing on what they know is major mistake by this Administration. Although really they don't need to anymore. People are already seeing the incompetence and lack of leadership. Its not like the Democrats don't have emails with talking points changed. To deflect, deny, and dismiss even the most known basic facts.

  6. #16
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How can the Republicans make it sound worse when the ARB already pointed out how bad the managerial Failures were?
    Lets see here:
    The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

    The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

    The GOP version of Nuland's comment, according to CBS News: The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda's presence and activities of al-Qaeda."

    The White House email: "The penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings."



    Maybe they are playing on what they know is major mistake by this Administration. Although really they don't need to anymore. People are already seeing the incompetence and lack of leadership. Its not like the Democrats don't have emails with talking points changed. To deflect, deny, and dismiss even the most known basic facts.
    Really they are?

    Poll: Voters trust Hillary Clinton more than GOP lawmakers on Benghazi - The Hill's Ballot Box

    Not so much..

    Seems like the Republicans are loosing in this fight and are trying to find something and trying their very very hardest but they cant really find much.


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Lets see here:
    The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

    The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

    The GOP version of Nuland's comment, according to CBS News: The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda's presence and activities of al-Qaeda."

    The White House email: "The penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings."




    Really they are?

    Poll: Voters trust Hillary Clinton more than GOP lawmakers on Benghazi - The Hill's Ballot Box

    Not so much..

    Seems like the Republicans are loosing in this fight and are trying to find something and trying their very very hardest but they cant really find much.
    Well since you were using Mother Jones.....I will go with this one.


    New Benghazi Emails – “Penultimate” Concern was Hiding Warnings from Congress and the People.....

    Victoria Nuland clearly states she didn’t want to “arm” congress and the people WITH THE TRUTH… so they LIED. And somehow that is supposed to exonerate the State Department and the Obama administration?

    In either an effort to curb the growing scandal or an attempt to keep it going, the White House released 100 more documents related to the Benghazi scandal late Wednesday ( part one (PDF) and part two (PDF))

    On their front page, the Huffington Post actually went with the tag-line link “Benghazi Conspiracy Theories Fall Apart “. Their suggestion is that the new documents prove that the White House didn’t lie to keep them from losing the election but rather they lied “for other reasons” and thus, the “conspiracy theorists” are all wrong.

    What they really show is the fact that they did lie in order to cover-up the very things I and others have been writing about for a week. They lied to protect themselves and their psyop. They lied about 4 dead Americans. They lied about what they knew and when they knew it. Period. And somehow this is supposed to clear Obama and silence the “conspiracy theorists”?

    I for one never said they lied to win the election (my recent articles on this subject are linked to below). As we all know, the elections are rigged and as someone once said, if voting actually worked they would make it illegal.

    The main argument being put forward by the apologists today will be that other agencies decided to erase certain aspects of the official story as it was developing for various reasons. Even the Huffington Post’s own article makes that clear… they lied for OTHER REASONS.

    Nothing in the emails supports theories that the talking points were changed in order to influence the 2012 election.”

    “Separate from Wednesday’s document release, the CIA recently conducted an internal review of how and why the talking points were changed — a move that also came in response to the continuing questions from Congress. That review showed that many changes were made to the original talking points — drafted by a senior officer — over concerns about accuracy, an FBI investigation and other bureaucratic matters. A U.S. intelligence official told The Huffington Post the review was completed “early this year.”"

    At the time when they were massaging the message, there was no FBI investigation into the Benghazi attacks, so what FBI investigation did they change the talking points to protect? Well, that FBI investigation would have been the investigation into “Sam Bacile” and the fact that the administration was trying to use the “Innocence of the Muslims” video as the explanation for why it happened and the fact that the film itself was in FBI custody before it was released as a honey-pot trap they created and it had been called the “Innocence of bin Laden”.

    Stuck in the new release though are indications that the reasoning behind the lies was political none-the-less while pointing out the main reason they altered the talking points and later the emails themselves:

    “The early versions stated that “Islamic extremists with ties to Al Qaeda” participated in the assault and discussed links to militant group Ansar al Sharia — and referenced prior attacks against western targets in Benghazi, as well as intelligence warnings.

    State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland complained that she had “serious concerns” about “arming members of Congress” to make assertions the administration was not making. “In same vein, why do we want Hill to be fingering Ansar al Sharia, when we aren’t doing that ourselves until we have investigation results … and the penultimate point could be abused by Members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings so why do we want to feed that either? Concerned …”
    Fox News

    So according to the new documents, the main reason, the “penultimate point”, was they needed to prevent congress from knowing the State Department had prior “warnings” (multiple) which they had not paid attention to prior to the attack.

    That’s their own words. That’s not conspiracy theory, that’s what they are saying… they lied in order to keep congress and the people from knowing the State Department ignored warnings of the attack conducted by one of their own contractors (Ansar al-Sharia) before sending Amb. Stevens to the city.

    And somehow this is supposed to make the “conspiracy theorists” look like fools?.....snip~

    New Benghazi Emails – “Penultimate” Concern was Hiding Warnings from Congress and the People | American Everyman

    Get the point now.....There was no FBI investigation going on at the Time.

    "Oh".....which correlates that the Security Chief for the Interior of the Minister in Benghazi had met with State Dept people 48hrs prior to the Attack in Benghazi. Warning them that it was to Dangerous to conduct Business in Benghazi.
    Last edited by MMC; 05-17-13 at 02:12 AM.

  8. #18
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well since you were using Mother Jones.....I will go with this one.


    New Benghazi Emails – “Penultimate” Concern was Hiding Warnings from Congress and the People.....

    Victoria Nuland clearly states she didn’t want to “arm” congress and the people WITH THE TRUTH… so they LIED. And somehow that is supposed to exonerate the State Department and the Obama administration?

    In either an effort to curb the growing scandal or an attempt to keep it going, the White House released 100 more documents related to the Benghazi scandal late Wednesday ( part one (PDF) and part two (PDF))

    On their front page, the Huffington Post actually went with the tag-line link “Benghazi Conspiracy Theories Fall Apart “. Their suggestion is that the new documents prove that the White House didn’t lie to keep them from losing the election but rather they lied “for other reasons” and thus, the “conspiracy theorists” are all wrong.

    What they really show is the fact that they did lie in order to cover-up the very things I and others have been writing about for a week. They lied to protect themselves and their psyop. They lied about 4 dead Americans. They lied about what they knew and when they knew it. Period. And somehow this is supposed to clear Obama and silence the “conspiracy theorists”?

    I for one never said they lied to win the election (my recent articles on this subject are linked to below). As we all know, the elections are rigged and as someone once said, if voting actually worked they would make it illegal.

    The main argument being put forward by the apologists today will be that other agencies decided to erase certain aspects of the official story as it was developing for various reasons. Even the Huffington Post’s own article makes that clear… they lied for OTHER REASONS.

    Nothing in the emails supports theories that the talking points were changed in order to influence the 2012 election.”

    “Separate from Wednesday’s document release, the CIA recently conducted an internal review of how and why the talking points were changed — a move that also came in response to the continuing questions from Congress. That review showed that many changes were made to the original talking points — drafted by a senior officer — over concerns about accuracy, an FBI investigation and other bureaucratic matters. A U.S. intelligence official told The Huffington Post the review was completed “early this year.”"

    At the time when they were massaging the message, there was no FBI investigation into the Benghazi attacks, so what FBI investigation did they change the talking points to protect? Well, that FBI investigation would have been the investigation into “Sam Bacile” and the fact that the administration was trying to use the “Innocence of the Muslims” video as the explanation for why it happened and the fact that the film itself was in FBI custody before it was released as a honey-pot trap they created and it had been called the “Innocence of bin Laden”.

    Stuck in the new release though are indications that the reasoning behind the lies was political none-the-less while pointing out the main reason they altered the talking points and later the emails themselves:

    “The early versions stated that “Islamic extremists with ties to Al Qaeda” participated in the assault and discussed links to militant group Ansar al Sharia — and referenced prior attacks against western targets in Benghazi, as well as intelligence warnings.

    State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland complained that she had “serious concerns” about “arming members of Congress” to make assertions the administration was not making. “In same vein, why do we want Hill to be fingering Ansar al Sharia, when we aren’t doing that ourselves until we have investigation results … and the penultimate point could be abused by Members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings so why do we want to feed that either? Concerned …”
    Fox News

    So according to the new documents, the main reason, the “penultimate point”, was they needed to prevent congress from knowing the State Department had prior “warnings” (multiple) which they had not paid attention to prior to the attack.

    That’s their own words. That’s not conspiracy theory, that’s what they are saying… they lied in order to keep congress and the people from knowing the State Department ignored warnings of the attack conducted by one of their own contractors (Ansar al-Sharia) before sending Amb. Stevens to the city.

    And somehow this is supposed to make the “conspiracy theorists” look like fools?.....snip~

    New Benghazi Emails – “Penultimate” Concern was Hiding Warnings from Congress and the People | American Everyman

    Get the point now.....There was no FBI investigation going on at the Time.

    "Oh".....which correlates that the Security Chief for the Interior of the Minister in Benghazi had met with State Dept people 48hrs prior to the Attack in Benghazi. Warning them that it was to Dangerous to conduct Business in Benghazi.

    Again... This is nothing new. What this thread is about is how the Republican party changed wording and phrasing of the document you can keep on beating this thing like no other..


  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Again... This is nothing new. What this thread is about is how the Republican party changed wording and phrasing of the document you can keep on beating this thing like no other..
    Right, and I just proved the talking point wasn't accurate. As there was no FBI investigation prior to the attack in Benghazi.

  10. #20
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Right, and I just proved the talking point wasn't accurate. As there was no FBI investigation prior to the attack in Benghazi.
    So basically your having a debate with yourself.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •