Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

  1. #121
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    I think this "I knew you had zero" bit is hysterical on these threads.

    Crawl off your little box, I couldn't care less what you think I had.

    You've admitted you can't prove anything, yet hold me to a standard of proof.

    Too good.
    I hold you to a "standard of proof"....by asking you to flesh out a plausible motivation that a Dem would have for trying to damage the POTUS....to back your claim that a Dem could do this too?

    Wow, this just gets more weird.

    EDIT: I mean really...YOU are the one with the theory to uphold....not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That is the key sentence, memorize it.
    But he said: "There are some things to criticize in here. The State Department looks like it is trying to avoid blame.".....snip~

    Remember as it goes round and round to show how Hillary Dillary Dock.....got lost in Time and without a Clock.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    More obfuscation. The issue is with the State Department and on page 37 of the WH email release Victoria Nuland is quite clear about the political motivation for scrubbing the talking points. She uses "the investigation" as a foil for her agenda but on page 46 of the release it is revealed that the FBI had no objection to the points which, at that point, still included information about CIA warnings, jihadi's and Ansar al-Sharia.
    Heya Luther .....this is what Slate has up.

    I was told there was going to be a cover-up. After reading the 100 pages of emails related to the Benghazi media talking points, I’m hard-pressed to find evidence for the most damning accusations against the president and his staff. If they were involved, they were once again leading from behind.

    The cover-up story relies on the premise that Obama administration officials pushed the idea of spontaneity in order to obscure the fact that they had missed warnings of planned terrorist attack. It's plausible that someone was pushing that story for parochial reasons in these email exchanges. Perhaps the CIA put that idea in its first assessment and kept it there in every subsequent version to cover for its failure to stay on top of the al-Qaida affiliates in Benghazi, even though there was a CIA outpost there. It's also obvious that the State Department wanted to shift blame away from its failure to protect its people in Benghazi. But there's no evidence in the emails that the idea of spontaneity was initiated by anyone associated with Obama, the White House, or the president's wider political fortunes. Did Obama benefit from the spontaneity narrative? Yes. But to embrace intelligence from your CIA that is favorable to you—when you have no reason to doubt your intelligence service—is not the same as making up a false story. It’s not even a sin.

    Next we come to the claim that the president and his team removed the references to al-Qaida and other terrorist organizations as well as references to prior warnings about terrorist activity. If this were the case, you would expect to see some effort by the White House voices in the email traffic toward this goal. It’s not there. The opposite is the case. In the initial round of emails, one CIA official reports that the White House signed off right away on the full initial CIA assessment. "The White House cleared quickly, but State has major concerns," reads an email that a CIA official sent to CIA director David Petraeus. So rather than being the authors of the bowdlerizing effort, the White House was just fine with the fully caffeinated version that mentions Ansar al-Sharia, al-Qaida, and that the CIA had produced numerous warnings about extremists in Benghazi. White House aides reviewed the talking points, made no substantive changes, and moved them along.

    When the language does eventually change in the talking points, it is clear that it is at the behest of State Department officials, not anyone in the White House. When Obama’s aides do come on stage, it’s pretty far in the background. One State Department official writes, "Talked to [NSC spokesman] Tommy [Vietor], we can make edits.” This is hardly the vision of a campaign-obsessed Obama operation pushing a storyline. There have been some sloppy Nixon analogies thrown around this week, so let's remind ourselves for a moment of what a real cover-up sounds like. "I don't give a **** what happens,” President Nixon was recorded saying. “I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up or anything else if it'll save it—save the plan. That's the whole point. … We're going to protect our people, if we can."

    Just because there's no real evidence of the grand White House conspiracy doesn't absolve the president of responsibility for the underlying failures and the shoddy efforts to explain the whole affair. From his first remarks in the Rose Garden, to the exchanges in the debates with Mitt Romney, to the present day, the president has been shading and back-dating what he said shortly after the attack to make it seem like he was aware it was a planned attack when at the time he was encouraging the view that it was a spontaneous one. That's spin and it's lame, but it's a present-day failing unconnected with White House actions last fall. So the president and his aides are guilty—guilty of doing a bad and misleading job of explaining why there was no cover-up. But that’s not the smoking gun Republicans set out to find.....snip~

  4. #124
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,639

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And I keep having to remind you that back in November Petraeus testified that the decision was NOT politically motivated.

    wash rinse repeat.
    Amazing that in the face of evidence....black and white, provided by the White House...you continue to deny.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    But he said: "There are some things to criticize in here. The State Department looks like it is trying to avoid blame.".....snip~

    Remember as it goes round and round to show how Hillary Dillary Dock.....got lost in Time and without a Clock.
    IS it cartoon time?

    Your problem is he isn't specifying anything....beyond once again.....that the decision to hold off on naming who might be involved in the attack was not politically motivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Amazing that in the face of evidence....black and white, provided by the White House...you continue to deny.
    You can call Petraeus a liar, that is cool with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    IS it cartoon time?

    Your problem is he isn't specifying anything....beyond once again.....that the decision to hold off on naming who might be involved in the attack was not politically motivated.
    Nah.....if I wanted to throw up a Meme I would have. Petraeus and CBS was good enough.

    Don't forget that's because he already knows the State Dept ignored Direct Warnings From the Libyans 48hrs Prior to the attack on the Diplomatic Facility. There's no getting round it will fall on the State Dept.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah.....if I wanted to throw up a Meme I would have. Petraeus and CBS was good enough.

    Don't forget that's because he already knows the State Dept ignored Direct Warnings From the Libyans 48hrs Prior to the attack on the Diplomatic Facility. There's no getting round it will fall on the State Dept.
    "It" will fall on State....because State was warned.....that terrorist actions might happen....on embassies....on the anniversary of 9-11?

    Is your point that Stevens did not have a calendar?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "It" will fall on State....because State was warned.....that terrorist actions might happen....on embassies....on the anniversary of 9-11?

    Is your point that Stevens did not have a calendar?
    No I already told you.....it was due to the State Dept being warned by the Libyans 48hrs in advance of the attack. Plus all those ARB Managerial Failures that Mullen's and Pickering found with the State. They got Charlene Lamb, Now Nuland, and of course they are looking into Susan Mills over the Whistleblower Intimidation tactics.



    I do believe people have up the Timeline. In like 5 threads. Might want to check it out.

  10. #130
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell: Leaked Emails Were Edited to Make Obama Look Bad [W:58]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No I already told you.....it was due to the State Dept being warned by the Libyans 48hrs in advance of the attack. Plus all those ARB Managerial Failures that Mullen's and Pickering found with the State. They got Charlene Lamb, Now Nuland, and of course they are looking into Susan Mills over the Whistleblower Intimidation tactics.



    I do believe people have up the Timeline. In like 5 threads. Might want to check it out.
    Many other warnings as well.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •