Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

  1. #41
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    I have to say Prince Harry is a lot classier act than some of the posters on here who would criticize a man doing an honorable thing. I'd defy those criticizing Prince Harry to name one occasion in which he has been anything but genuine in the way he acts and his approach to and treatment of people he meets. He's a young man who's been in the public spotlight all his life, tragically lost his mother at a young age in a very public and some say murderous way, and has grown into a personable young man who, like his brother, feels a duty to his country and a responsibility to his station in life, a station he didn't seek but was born into. Just look at the offspring of Hollywood types and you can tell how disfunctional life in the spotlight can be for someone growing up.

    There's no need to try and manufacture fault in this man. His mother taught him well, the short time he had with her, and we should honor that as well on this Mother's Day.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have to say Prince Harry is a lot classier act than some of the posters on here who would criticize a man doing an honorable thing. I'd defy those criticizing Prince Harry to name one occasion in which he has been anything but genuine in the way he acts and his approach to and treatment of people he meets. He's a young man who's been in the public spotlight all his life, tragically lost his mother at a young age in a very public and some say murderous way, and has grown into a personable young man who, like his brother, feels a duty to his country and a responsibility to his station in life, a station he didn't seek but was born into. Just look at the offspring of Hollywood types and you can tell how disfunctional life in the spotlight can be for someone growing up.

    There's no need to try and manufacture fault in this man. His mother taught him well, the short time he had with her, and we should honor that as well on this Mother's Day.
    I have a hard time showing respect for foreign leaders, after the way other nations have disrepected my country and our leaders. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have a hard time showing respect for foreign leaders, after the way other nations have disrepected my country and our leaders. Sorry!
    That's fine, but Prince Harry is not a leader of a country and to my knowledge he has never disrespected America nor any of your leaders. If you have knowledge of such, I'd be interested in seeing it.

    That said, I don't believe Prince Harry is asking for your respect or anyone's respect. His visit to the US is entirely to show respect, to honor US service men and women and their families as well as in support of his mother's charity she started to remove landmines from areas of the world where they were left from past wars. How that engenders disrespect of him boggles the mind.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's fine, but Prince Harry is not a leader of a country and to my knowledge he has never disrespected America nor any of your leaders. If you have knowledge of such, I'd be interested in seeing it.

    That said, I don't believe Prince Harry is asking for your respect or anyone's respect. His visit to the US is entirely to show respect, to honor US service men and women and their families as well as in support of his mother's charity she started to remove landmines from areas of the world where they were left from past wars. How that engenders disrespect of him boggles the mind.
    Well, I didn't really criticize the cat, but I'm not going to kiss his ass, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,478
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    His name's not Harold, it's Henry, and he's the spare, not the heir.
    You're right, sorry about that. That was laziness on my part.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, I didn't really criticize the cat, but I'm not going to kiss his ass, either.
    No one asked you to. Prince Harry is over here promoting British business, paying his respects to American servicemen and is attending the warrior games as he likes to help fundraise and bring attention to injured Vets. You complain a lot about people around the world disrespecting you but you have no problem disrespecting one of your own allies.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    What on earth are you talking about? Dunkirk, which took place in the spring of 1940, allowed the Brits to recover most of their army from France. By December of 1941, the Brits were in no - repeat - no danger of defeat by Germany.

    Dunkirk? You cannot possibly be that dumb.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have a hard time showing respect for foreign leaders, after the way other nations have disrepected my country and our leaders. Sorry!
    How exactly has the UK disrespected our country? By sending their soldiers to Iraq and Afghanistan to be killed alongside our own? Or do you just hate all foreigners as a matter of principle?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #49
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,475

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, I didn't really criticize the cat, but I'm not going to kiss his ass, either.
    No?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did he go to the WW2 Memorial, get on his knees and and pay homage to the men that save his title for him?

    I think Harry will be just fine and able to continue on his life without any asskissing from you.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How exactly has the UK disrespected our country? By sending their soldiers to Iraq and Afghanistan to be killed alongside our own? Or do you just hate all foreigners as a matter of principle?
    Its people like apdst that give Americans a bad name, fortunately im married to very sensible and reasonable American so I know better.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •