Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

  1. #31
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    24,666

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    His name's not Harold, it's Henry, and he's the spare, not the heir.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    Trumpery: Anything calculated to deceive by false show; anything externally splendid, but intrinsically of little value; worthless finery.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-24-18 @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,253

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did he go to the WW2 Memorial, get on his knees and and pay homage to the men that save his title for him?
    Actually, by the time the U.S. entered the war, his title was already saved. The UK couldn't have defeated the Germans without U.S. help, but they were in no danger of losing the war by December of 1941. There was this little thing called the Eastern Front that eliminated that as any possibility. It's in all the history books. Try reading one.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yet apparently the people of the United Kingdom disagree with you. Go figure.
    All that proves are the masses are idiots...as in all countries.

    Just like the American masses were idiots when they re-elected Bush and then Obama.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yes. Apparently you judge people based on who their parents are.
    No, I judge people on what they do and say.

    When he denounces his 'parents' for being stinking rich but still taking over $60 million from recession-mired British taxpayers just to be figureheads...then my respect for him will instantly grow.

    Now I respect that he did a second tour in Afghanistan (the first tour was mandatory...no Royal male cannot serve in the military).

    However, his supporting of stinking rich people (his family) taking $60 million dollars per year from mostly middle class-poor people just to be figureheads is not my idea of a 'class act'.

    And it does not matter if the naive masses offer it to you or not - a true 'class act' would either refuse or give it ALL to charity.

    If you disagree, then you are wrong.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,621

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    No, I judge people on what they do and say.

    When he denounces his 'parents' for being stinking rich but still taking over $60 million from recession-mired British taxpayers just to be figureheads...then my respect for him will instantly grow.

    Now I respect that he did a second tour in Afghanistan (the first tour was mandatory...no Royal male cannot serve in the military).

    However, his supporting of stinking rich people (his family) taking $60 million dollars per year from mostly middle class-poor people just to be figureheads is not my idea of a 'class act'.

    And it does not matter if the naive masses offer it to you or not - a true 'class act' would either refuse or give it ALL to charity.

    If you disagree, then you are wrong.

    no his first tour was not mandatory in fact it was quite the opposite and as for his Charity work I already gave you a couple of examples of the Charities he either supports massively or has founded himself.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-24-18 @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,253

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    no his first tour was not mandatory in fact it was quite the opposite and as for his Charity work I already gave you a couple of examples of the Charities he either supports massively or has founded himself.
    Don't try to confuse him with facts. He looks like an incredibly unhappy person who hates everything and everybody.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,370

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    If you disagree, then you are wrong.
    In your opinion. And millions of women disagree.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,187

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He will do that as soon as an American president goes to Paris and thanks them on his knees for the existence of the US.
    Three words: World War Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #39
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,436
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did he go to the WW2 Memorial, get on his knees and and pay homage to the men that save his title for him?
    Those men are memorialized at Volgograd and in London.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,187

    Re: Prince Harry visits Arlington National Cemetery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Actually, by the time the U.S. entered the war, his title was already saved. The UK couldn't have defeated the Germans without U.S. help, but they were in no danger of losing the war by December of 1941. There was this little thing called the Eastern Front that eliminated that as any possibility. It's in all the history books. Try reading one.
    Um, have you ever heard of Dunkirk?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •