Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 251

Thread: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

  1. #41
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    I'm really struggling to see how this even got past an editor, let alone breaking news here, when the two sources for this article is an unnamed source and the other is the former President of the Young Democrats of America.

  2. #42
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    I remember the last time Limbaughs career was 'over'. I believe it involved a slut named Sandra Fluke...

  3. #43
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Aw come on! We need shock jocks like Rush for entertainment.
    If people recognized it only as entertainment it wouldn't be a problem, unfortunately many think it is reality.

  4. #44
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I remember the last time Limbaughs career was 'over'. I believe it involved a slut named Sandra Fluke...
    That's part of what this is all about. His crap has crossed the line too many times and he is toxic to too many advertisers.

  5. #45
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I think you're a bit confused. I posted a link and made an argument supporting Rush Limbaugh's demise. You misinterpreted that as support for censorship. I made a post explaining that was not my intention at all and that your fears may have come from the very show I am against. Now you are suggesting that because I am critical of your beliefs I should abandon my own argument? Why?
    No, I didn't write anything about censorship. I wrote that one could very easily turn the channel, or turn the radio off, if the likes of Hannity or Limbaugh bothered them.

    I have also written that the standard to which you want to measure quality of speech were equally applied, very few programs of any type would be allowed to be broadcast.

    I'm now thinking you may be more challenged than you realize in the area of reading and comprehending what is before you.

  6. #46
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Suddenly my choice to not purchase a product is an attempt to stifle free speech. That's a laugh coming from the so-called supporters of individual liberty.
    Your choice? That's laughable and you know it. This is a coordinated effort by a group of like minded people with the specific goal of shutting up an individual with whom they disagree. MSNBC spews just as much garbage from the other side as Rush does. You boycotting their advertisers, too? Didn't think so.

    So tell me again how this ISN'T about silencing those you disagree with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  7. #47
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    That's part of what this is all about. His crap has crossed the line too many times and he is toxic to too many advertisers.
    Heres a little tip for ya sparky. Some free advice-probably all it is worth. Stop spending so much of your life tying knots in your rope over people you hate. Why you give a **** about the guy is beyond me. Ive listened to more than a few liberal and progressive radio hosts on the Amerileft channel. Once. It took about that long to realize they were complete and total douchebags and to not waste another ounce of my time with them. Rush Limbaugh is a caricature(but at least he is original)...and you and people like you have kept him on the airwaves and made him the top radio show host in history and made him wealthy beyond words. Because...you know...you hate him so much.

  8. #48
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No, I didn't write anything about censorship. I wrote that one could very easily turn the channel, or turn the radio off, if the likes of Hannity or Limbaugh bothered them.

    I have also written that the standard to which you want to measure quality of speech were equally applied, very few programs of any type would be allowed to be broadcast.

    I'm now thinking you may be more challenged than you realize in the area of reading and comprehending what is before you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Why then, the silence would be deafening...

    Besides, it's important for America to avoid those who try to decide for themselves who should, and shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion.

    Probably the reason god invented doors, and on/off switches.
    Making vague comments about choice and what not implies censorship and similarly deflects the real issue which is America rejecting Rush and the bigger picture of America rejecting far right propaganda.

  9. #49
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Your choice? That's laughable and you know it. This is a coordinated effort by a group of like minded people with the specific goal of shutting up an individual with whom they disagree. MSNBC spews just as much garbage from the other side as Rush does. You boycotting their advertisers, too? Didn't think so.

    So tell me again how this ISN'T about silencing those you disagree with?
    it just shows he misspelled his username

  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Wonderful. He represents the ugly vulgar soul of Tea Party America, which needs to be ostracized and run out of town on a rail.
    Why, because they represent a threat to your socialism?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •