Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 251

Thread: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

  1. #241
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,181

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Interesting theory. I'm assuming you're basing that on the myth that everyone who wants a "handout" is a liberal. I could be wrong, but I would say that's probably a pretty close guess. Taking your argument (or at least my belief of your argument) at face value, would you not take at face value those who are older, and thus retired, are more likely to be conservative? At that point, would it not be a wash?

    My guess is the workforce is pretty much equal, in terms of political leanings.
    I admit, my thoughts are not on firm ground. People often mislabel themselves, and vote their interests. Look at how liberal republicans are becoming to gain votes in some places. liberal does not equal democrat and conservative does not equal republican.

    I think if you as those who have shown themselves here as actual conservatives, they would agree with me that very few republicans politicians are actually conservative.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,105

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I admit, my thoughts are not on firm ground. People often mislabel themselves, and vote their interests.
    I agree.

    I think if you as those who have shown themselves here as actual conservatives, they would agree with me that very few republicans politicians are actually conservative.
    I'll agree completely that many, if not most, Republicans are not conservative (though political spectrums belonging to a country are not absolute, but rather relative), but I would still argue that, assuming roughly half the country belongs to one side or another, there really isn't much of a difference between conservatives and liberals in the workforce.

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,238

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Obama Tells Harvey Weinstein, Justin Timberlake to Blame Rush Limbaugh - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire

    President Obama told donors like Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake (who was wearing hipster glasses), and Tommy Hilfiger that Washington gridlock is pretty much Rush Limbaugh's fault on Monday evening at a fundraiser at Harvey Weinstein's house in New York's Greenwich Village
    This is why Rush will never go off the air. All he does is talk about his opinions, on the radio. Obama presides over an entire country. Yet Rush manages to make Obama think Rush is in charge.

  4. #244
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:01 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,720
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    This is why Rush will never go off the air. All he does is talk about his opinions, on the radio. Obama presides over an entire country. Yet Rush manages to make Obama think Rush is in charge.
    Limbaugh has oodles of rent free space in Obama's warped little brain. He's a great advertising vehicle for Limbaugh.

    In that vein, Obama's deceitful behavior will drive more folks to listen to Rush.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #245
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,610

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Someone should check if Limbaugh sponsors are getting audited more than should be probable, and if the IRS is playing favorites since Obama admitted that Rush is his primary nemesis.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #246
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,280

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    This brings up an interesting question.

    How many people relying on social benefits vote for those who would reduce them? I will contend that there are more conservatives in the workforce than liberals. Wouldn't try to quantify it, but I see that as a probable fact.
    Conservatives often get this idea that they're the ones who always work, or something. Numbers get thrown their way that seem to support the idea, numbers about how many people collect these "entitlements," how many don't pay federal income taxes, etc.

    What they don't usually consider is that these numbers are usually wildly inflated. They'll include things like mortgage tax credits in "entitlements." (keeping in mind that this is a dirty word to a conservative) So, every home owner is this leech on society, or something. Of that 47% who don't pay federal incomes most either pay FICA taxes or are retired seniors. Or deployed combat troops count under that listing too. Tell us more about how those guys can't be convinced to take responsibility for themselves, Mr Romney!

    So, to answer the question, the issue is that there are a ton of people who don't realize that they are in this group of so-called leeches that Republicans denounce so strongly. There are a ton of working people who pay no net federal income taxes but vote Republican. Married couple, three children, ~$30k income? You don't pay federal income taxes.

    In fact, nearly half of people who receive some sort of federal aid say they haven't. Keep your government hands off my medicare! The only moral entitlement is my entitlement. I collect unemployment because I lost my job, it wasn't my fault, it was the economy! It's all those other people who are the lazy ones.

    You'd be shocked at how easily people condemn behavior in others that they themselves participate in. When people vote Republican because they want to stop abuse of entitlements, they aren't putting themselves in that group.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-18-13 at 02:44 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,181

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Deuce. I come from a humble background myself. I also associate with lots of people who vote democrat because of the fear republicans will take away their subsidies. Hard to change my mind from what I see of other people. It isn't the complete reason by any means, but it makes a substantial enough difference for small voting margins in elections.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Turns out I'm not very familiar with archaic mob justice. "Just wow," indeed. What a failing in my personal character.
    You've just been schooled by one of the educated of Kerrville, Texas. Have you ever been to Kerrville, Texas?

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Ok if you say so. The news networks would kill for Glen Becks numbers, let alone Rushes.
    It's not the same audience. News networks attract average Americans. Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck attract the fringe right-wing voter. Also, it is the same people who watch these nuts. It isn't a different audience between these kooks, they all appeal to the same low wattage voter.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it's just getting started.

    How do you respond "respectfully" when the President of the United States is shown to be a damned liar?
    How did you deal with it when it was the Bush administration? Did it bother you then?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •