Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 251

Thread: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

  1. #191
    Stable Genius
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-23-18 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,951

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Why did Beck go away from TV....do you know?
    His ratings had a significant, prolonged slump and Fox decided to pull the plug.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,181

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    His ratings had a significant, prolonged slump and Fox decided to pull the plug.
    Was Becks ratings worse than Hannity and O'Reilly or Greta Van Susterns? I thought he was FoxNews #1 bread winner but that he was leaving for health reasons. So now he's got his own TV station, Blaze TV or GBTV or something? I'll say this for him, he never seems to give up.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,458

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Was Becks ratings worse than Hannity and O'Reilly or Greta Van Susterns? I thought he was FoxNews #1 bread winner but that he was leaving for health reasons. So now he's got his own TV station, Blaze TV or GBTV or something? I'll say this for him, he never seems to give up.
    My understanding was he left Fox to do GBTV. I don't think it matters what the reason is, he is still a success...

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,509

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    I really hope this is the beginning of the end for Rush. I also really hope this is a signal that the country is sick and tired of political garbage for entertainment and is more interested in real discussion.

    And yet he is still the most listened to radio personality in the country.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-19-18 @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    So much for the concept of free speech.
    I never get this. So when others practice their right to free speech in a way you don't agree with that is somehow a violation of free speech? Just as Rush Limbaugh can say what he wants, advertisers can choose not to do business with him because of what he says and does. That is freedom. What would you do? Force them to do business with him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #196
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,297

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I wonder if all the fair minded liberals here being happy about this situation with Rush, would agree this need to happen to Randi Rhodes, and other over the top liberal/progressive pundits?
    Feel free to exercise your economic freedom regarding those folks' advertisers.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #197
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I never get this. So when others practice their right to free speech in a way you don't agree with that is somehow a violation of free speech? Just as Rush Limbaugh can say what he wants, advertisers can choose not to do business with him because of what he says and does. That is freedom. What would you do? Force them to do business with him?
    So, you would go along with running Rush out of town on a rail; support violence against those you disagree with; we have the right to inact violence against the speech we don't like?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #198
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,297

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you would go along with running Rush out of town on a rail; support violence against those you disagree with; we have the right to inact violence against the speech we don't like?
    Hahahah still taking it literally. Because you've never used phrases regarding anything liberal that might indicate violence if read literally, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-19-18 @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you would go along with running Rush out of town on a rail; support violence against those you disagree with; we have the right to inact violence against the speech we don't like?
    What violence? Are you in hyperbole land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #200
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Cumulus: Nearly All Top Advertisers Have 'Exclude Rush Limbaugh' Orders

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What violence? Are you in hyperbole land?
    So, when someone says that Obama should be lynched; that's just hyperbole, too? Or, are you one of the first ones to start crying, "racism!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •