Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

  1. #41
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Is that all you got: "Liberal Crack baby?" Sheesh. I bet your pro-life too. Aren't ya?
    No, I am anti-abortion but it does not change the fact that we have a horrible crack epidemic and that transfers to the delivery room. Fetal alcohol syndrome, crack, babies having babies-- take your pick.

    Other than the title, the youtube is about a program that helps new mothers with no relevance to the assertion and no support for the allegation that the US is such a wretched place for mothers and kids to be born.

  2. #42
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Here's another interesting stat to throw into the mix for consideration - Age of women at first childbirth. Fits nicely with the infant mortality stats posted by the CIA factbook.

    It seems there are less deaths when the mother is older. So many factors play in all of this that the conclusions drawn thus far from the data look very much like the old rapist nuns statistics joke. The correlations made may very well be false. Could easily boil down to social structure with mothers in the more socialist societies more willing to be part of the village and give themselves over for help and care, and mothers in the more individualistic socities avoiding their childbirth being a community project.

  3. #43
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,786

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    1. No, I am anti-abortion but it does not change the fact that we have a horrible crack epidemic and that transfers to the delivery room. Fetal alcohol syndrome, crack, babies having babies-- take your pick.

    2. Other than the title, the youtube is about a program that helps new mothers with no relevance to the assertion and no support for the allegation that the US is such a wretched place for mothers and kids to be born.
    1.So that's yes. You are pro-life. And. No. Most poor people with babies are not crack or alcohol addicted. They are just poor people who could use better access to healthcare.

    2.Nonsense. Everyone knows US healthcare for impoverished mothers and their children is atrocious. This is especially so for the working poor.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Single Party Universal Healthcare.
    Another homework assignment for you, give a detailed and complete evaluation of differences between our healthcare and other healthcare systems based upon factors such as technological availability, waiting times for surgeries, etc and not just based upon affordability or accessibility. How does the US actually do in comparison to others when "universal care" is not a weighted factor? If you include statistics such as life expectancy and child mortality rates, then also include break downs of different factors affecting those statistics and not just "they have better healthcare".

    In other words, prove that your suggestion is actually better, other than that the "poor" have greater access.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #45
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That won't do a single thing to improve the quality of healthcare, in The United States. Now, how do you propose that improve the quality of healthcare?
    Explain to me why ever industrialized western nation has that form of healthcare or some form of public option but the quality is better?


  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Explain to me why ever industrialized western nation has that form of healthcare or some form of public option but the quality is better?
    No. Why don't YOU explain to me why that's the case and try and sell me on the idea of totally governmet run healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #47
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No. Why don't YOU explain to me why that's the case and try and sell me on the idea of totally governmet run healthcare.
    Let see here; studies show it to be more efficient, better quality, more fair.


  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Let see here; studies show it to be more efficient, better quality, more fair.
    Ok, tell us WHY.

    I see nothing that would convince me that the simple act of the government paying for everyone's healthcare would improve the quality of the average doctor. Maybe you can explain how that could happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, tell us WHY.

    I see nothing that would convince me that the simple act of the government paying for everyone's healthcare would improve the quality of the average doctor. Maybe you can explain how that could happen?
    Well lets see here when 45,000 Americans die on average a year for lack of insurance, that drives our "quality" down pretty big.


  10. #50
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: US worst industrialised country to be a mom

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1.So that's yes. You are pro-life. And. No. Most poor people with babies are not crack or alcohol addicted. They are just poor people who could use better access to healthcare.

    2.Nonsense. Everyone knows US healthcare for impoverished mothers and their children is atrocious. This is especially so for the working poor.
    1. So no, I am anti-abortion. I am pro-death in a lot of circumstances, and the list is growing with liberal policies rewarding anti-social behavior

    and

    2. Of course it is non sense to you because you do not see that all those great government programs for poor people and their kids do not work. You have yet to refute the list I provided from the CDC. How would a trillion dollars in free medical care prevent genetic abnormalities? Answer the question or don't bother responding.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •