Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

  1. #31
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Seeing as there was a time when union organizers would be beaten and killed, I can understand how keeping the general peace would necessitate making sure things like that don't happen again.
    only authority can be given to government by an amendment to our constitution, ....government cannot take power, becuase they think they need to.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

    Read more @: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement - latimes.com

    More and more anti labor decisions and acts. When will it ever end? The National Assn. of Manufacturers called these posters "aggressive".. How is posting something on a wall notifying people of their rights "aggressive"? We might as well take down minimum wage posters, workplace safety posters now as well, since hey you know they notify people of their rights..
    I'm smelling blood in the water here. Labor unions are so desperate, they are trying to get the employers to advertise for them.

  3. #33
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Where is the Air Force?
    the u.s. air force was part of the army until the department of war, made it a separate branch of the military which congress has total authority over of national defense.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Good ruling. The workplace shouldn't be responsible to notify people of their rights. The NLRB also shouldn't mandate that they do so.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Good ruling. The workplace shouldn't be responsible to notify people of their rights. The NLRB also shouldn't mandate that they do so.
    I strongly disagree.I don't know whether the NLRB is the appropriate regulatory body to create such a rule, but it is already required by federal and state law that employers post the minimum wage and other worker's rights regulations in work places. Adding a few sentences about the right to organize would not be onerous. They already put up a new poster with the latest rules every couple of years.

    Employers have been caught many times misrepresenting the laws to their employees. These mandatory posters provide significant knowledge and protection for workers with little cost or inconvenience for the employer.

  6. #36
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the u.s. air force was part of the army until the department of war, made it a separate branch of the military which congress has total authority over of national defense.
    No, the enumerated powers lists only land and naval forces.

    If one's interpretation of the constitution is that the enumerated powers are a restrictive list, the Air Force is unconstitutional. However, the prior statement says that congress has the right to collect taxes to "provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States." So-called strict constitutionalists often reject the general welfare clause. However, it's in the same statement as national defense, which might cover the Air Force while the enumerated powers does not.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #37
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, the enumerated powers lists only land and naval forces.

    If one's interpretation of the constitution is that the enumerated powers are a restrictive list, the Air Force is unconstitutional. However, the prior statement says that congress has the right to collect taxes to "provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States." So-called strict constitutionalists often reject the general welfare clause. However, it's in the same statement as national defense, which might cover the Air Force while the enumerated powers does not.
    do you know the air force was part of the army until 1947?...army air corp.

    the army air corp, is under the umbrella of the dept of war, anything under that umbrella they can act.."here is the part of the constitution that covers it?

    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

  8. #38
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    do you know the air force was part of the army until 1947?...army air corp.

    the army air corp, is under the umbrella of the dept of war, anything under that umbrella they can act.."here is the part of the constitution that covers it?

    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
    Yes, I am not one who subscribes to that interpretation of the enumerated powers. Article 1, Sect 8 clearly says that congress has the power to provide for national defense and general welfare of the United States. The post I quoted, starting this tangent, said labor wasn't part of the enumerated powers. But if that's how he reads Article 1, Sect 8, then the Air Force is also unconstitutional.

    The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
    You see, some people interpret this part as a preamble and that it therefore is not actually describing specific powers of Congress.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #39
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, I am not one who subscribes to that interpretation of the enumerated powers. Article 1, Sect 8 clearly says that congress has the power to provide for national defense and general welfare of the United States. The poster I quoted, starting this tangent, said labor wasn't part of the enumerated powers. But if that's how he reads Article 1, Sect 8, then the Air Force is also unconstitutional.

    no ...becuase the air corp was under the dept of war.

    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

    since it is under that dept, laws can be made.

    since the air power was under the army, power has been given under the constitution for the war dept, to create its construction.

    labor is not in the constitution at all...no where is it even eluded to.

    welfare.... means the welfare of the nation as a whole, it does not mean giving people money.

    welfare the program was created in the 1930's and called "relief" the name was changed to welfare in the early 60's

  10. #40
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Federal appeals court strikes down union notification requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no ...becuase the air corp was under the dept of war.

    To make all Lawswhich shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

    since it is under that dept, laws can be made.

    since the air power was under the army, power has been given under the constitution for the war dept, to create its construction.

    labor is not in the constitution at all...no where is it even eluded to.

    welfare.... means the welfare of the nation as a whole, it does not mean giving people money.

    welfare the program was created in the 1930's and called "relief" the name was changed to welfare in the early 60's
    Here, let me bold something else for you. Which of the enumerated powers includes the Air Force? It doesn't matter that a department of war existed. Going on your definition, you can't put "venture capital" under the Department of War and call it constitutional. So which section defines Congress' authority to create an Air Force? (P.S. It doesn't matter what the Air Force used to be. Only what it is now)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •