Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 285

Thread: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Your business may not be physically located in the other state, but you are operating within their
    state.
    I'm operating in my state.

    Why do you think you are exempt from that state's rules? Why doesn't that state get to regulate operations within their borders?
    Because they are reaching outside of their state to regulate. Pretty easy to understand.

    They aren't just arbitrarily taxing people in another state. You are operating in their borders by choice. That choice comes with certain obligations. Feel free to not sell to people in that state.
    They aren't taxing anyone outside of their state. They are making them collect taxes for them.

  2. #102
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Some taxes need to be evaded. If taxes weren't evaded many among us would not have jobs.
    If your job requires tax evasion, your business should operate better. Free market will sort out the losers.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #103
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Do the math sometime if you want.
    Please tell me what rich person is paying 70% total in taxes.. Please show me a case.


  4. #104
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm operating in my state.



    Because they are reaching outside of their state to regulate. Pretty easy to understand.



    They aren't taxing anyone outside of their state. They are making them collect taxes for them.
    Taxes for sales that occur in their borders. What else do you think you should be exempt from because you have a PO box outside the state? Health codes? Building codes? Murder laws?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #105
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Here's an honest question, because I don't know the answer. What's to stop a state from jacking up the taxes on a particular product to effectively put them out of business? Lets say Congressman X receives money from Nike but not Reebok. What's to stop Congressman X from slipping a higher tax on Reeboks into a bill as a favor to Nike? And before any of you say ethics, think long and hard about what kind of people we're talking about here. We're talking about people that won't vote into law a bill disallowing them to have insider trading rights.
    I would imagine that specifically would be struck down. They'd have to raise sales tax on all shoes, not just particular brand names.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If your job requires tax evasion, your business should operate better. Free market will sort out the losers.
    I have no idea what that has to do with my point. A successful business can in fact be crushed by taxes. It happens from time to time in fact. If taxes were not evaded less people would be hired which would lead to higher unemployment.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have no idea what that has to do with my point. A successful business can in fact be crushed by taxes. It happens from time to time in fact. If taxes were not evaded less people would be hired which would lead to higher unemployment.
    That's why online sales and brick and mortar sales should be taxed the same, so that brick and mortar isn't discriminated against.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Taxes for sales that occur in their borders. What else do you think you should be exempt from because you have a PO box outside the state? Health codes? Building codes? Murder laws?
    I live in another state and therefore I live under different laws. It's fairly simple.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    That's why online sales and brick and mortar sales should be taxed the same, so that brick and mortar isn't discriminated against.
    No comment.

  10. #110
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Senate approves online sales tax bill [W:244]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I live in another state and therefore I live under different laws. It's fairly simple.
    And now, you'll have to pay your states sales tax when you buy online
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •