Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

  1. #21
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    --News story picked off reddit.

    Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester - ABC News





    Since white supremacists are in the news today, with the piss-throwing thread on May Day, i thought this thread can also fit here.

    Anyway, my thoughts on the matter:
    For society, this is a win-win, generally speaking. One child molester less on the streets, one person with a blatantly false and easily disproved mentality in prison.

    As for the law. Well, look, this is vigilantism. Now I oppose the death penalty because I don't think that the govt has the right to sentence its own people to death except in the case of treason and high treason. Do I think this child molester deserved to die? Maybe, I really don't know that much about him. If he were a repeat offender, the balance would tip further and further in the area where I think he would deserve to be dead. But again, not at the hands of the govt.

    Anyway. This story isn't that suprising since it is pretty well known that white supremacist groups are quite active at being vigilantes against these kind of people (molesters, rapists, etc) and against other kinds of people... maybe not murder all the time, but certainly violence.
    I tend to agree with you. Child molesters should be killed, one thing about the death penalty, it may or may not deter, but it does make sure there will be repeat offenders. As for the white supremacist, he is where he belongs. Yep, a win, win situation for sure.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #22
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    When a hated minority attacks another hated minority...
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Even with those labels, the true nature of the offense can't necessarily be discerned. "Aggravated sexual assault against a minor" could mean an 18 year old having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend, but someone might interpret it as child molestation incorrectly.
    Well I don't know where you live but "aggravated sexual assault" is not an 18 year old bedding a 16 year old consensually in my corner of the woods. .

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Eh, I would say that my hypothesis is (at least) as likely as yours. White supremacists, particularly in the modern day, are known for coming up with ways to ingratiate themselves with mainstream white America. Given that mainstream white America tends to hate and fear child molesters, it wouldn't surprise me if a white supremacist group used killing child molesters as a way of trying to get regular white Americans to support them. It's the same sort of the logic that the mob, gangs and similar groups have used in the past to earn the trust of a community in hopes of manipulating it.
    White supremists recruit based on hate. Let us say you are a white family or friend of someone who was molested, or a victim of molestation and you have a group telling you it is OK to attack the people who do that. You might actually listen to what they say. They might seem like an understanding group while the rest of the world tells you to just put up with it. It ends up being a recruitment tactic because the group wants people blinded by rage and anger.

    In the end society is pretty much feeding the names of molesters out there for one main reason, and that is the hopes they can lure out a violent criminal by giving them a acceptable target. As people in this thread have already said one child molester down and one violent white supremacist gone. It is not going to go away because most people do not think it effects them because they are not going to end up being confused with a child molester. People will start caring more when some white supremacist hears your name in a bar and looks it up in some online database from their Iphone and assumes you are the same person as the molester who shares your name and then beats you to a bloody pulp by mistake. Then someone will care. Or maybe some molester will share a name with Steve Ducey and fox will get involved with it. Oh wait, that will never happen, even child molesters wouldn't associate themselves with steve ducey.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, but I don't think this is their strategy because nobody is that stupid.
    Actually, some people are that stupid and it isn't necessarily stupid because gangs have done things like that in the past and it worked.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 05-05-13 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Well I don't know where you live but "aggravated sexual assault" is not an 18 year old bedding a 16 year old consensually in my corner of the woods. .
    Really? You've never heard of adults being convicted for having sex with minors? Do you live under a rock?

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    White supremists recruit based on hate. Let us say you are a white family or friend of someone who was molested, or a victim of molestation and you have a group telling you it is OK to attack the people who do that. You might actually listen to what they say. They might seem like an understanding group while the rest of the world tells you to just put up with it. It ends up being a recruitment tactic because the group wants people blinded by rage and anger.
    Exactly. It's similar to how some gangs have and still do provide seemingly honorable mentorship, protection and other things to members of their neighborhood as a means of earning their trust and getting them to join the gang. They do things to get the attention of vulnerable people and then they exploit that. White supremacist groups operate similarly. I don't know if the case described in the OP is an example of such behavior, but it's certainly a possibility.

    In the end society is pretty much feeding the names of molesters out there for one main reason, and that is the hopes they can lure out a violent criminal by giving them a acceptable target. As people in this thread have already said one child molester down and one violent white supremacist gone. It is not going to go away because most people do not think it effects them because they are not going to end up being confused with a child molester. People will start caring more when some white supremacist hears your name in a bar and looks it up in some online database from their Iphone and assumes you are the same person as the molester who shares your name and then beats you to a bloody pulp by mistake. Then someone will care. Or maybe some molester will share a name with Steve Ducey and fox will get involved with it. Oh wait, that will never happen, even child molesters wouldn't associate themselves with steve ducey.
    Well, I don't think that's the main reason society is putting out the names of molesters/sex offenders. However, I agree that many people don't care if such people are killed. I do care though as I find vigilantism ridiculous and I understand the potential for error in the implementation of it.

  8. #28
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    You're just wrong, this is typical behaviour of any extremist nationalist, supremacist or religious ideology worldwide. They want a "utopia", and if that means vigilantism against drug dealers, rapists and child molesters then they'll do it. It just so happens that some of their beliefs cross-over with some mainstream beliefs of what's ideal.

    It has nothing to do with PR.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,457

    Re: Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    This doesn't make sense to me

    "Gaskins and his wife Sandra Sheaves was living in a home she owned in Carmichael, a community outside of Sacramento, when they allowed the 66-year-old Hayes to move in. Gaskins had met Hayes while they were both serving time in prison, The Bee said."

    "When Sheaves discovered on the Megan's Law website that Hayes was a registered sex offender, she told Gaskins."


    If Gaskins had met Hayes in prison, then he already knew who he was and what he had done. Why would it be a surprise that Hayes was on the list? Gaskins I am sure already knew his history.

  10. #30
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,313

    Supremacist Gets 26 to Life in Killing of Molester

    The age old question: put up with child molesters or white supremacists.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •