Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

  1. #81
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It wouldn't appear on Breitbsrt, because there wouldn't have been s fuss msde by the offucials.
    Even if they did, Breitbart wouldn't cover it because it doesn't further their narrative about how Christians are being persecuted. A narrative that you've bought hook, line and sinker.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Even if they did, Breitbart wouldn't cover it because it doesn't further their narrative about how Christians are being persecuted. A narrative that you've bought hook, line and sinker.
    But, they wouldn't DQ the team, for fear of offending Muslims, so Breitbart's coverage of it is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If you don't know the answer please just say so.
    If you don't know what taunting means, or how to look it up in a dictionary, it's really more on you to figure it out. How about you consult a dictionary, instead of being rude?

  4. #84
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    To me, this thread is a perfect example of how easily distracted from the real issue people can get. Whether anybody would have reported the story if Islam were the religion is completely 100% irrelevant.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, they wouldn't DQ the team, for fear of offending Muslims, so Breitbart's coverage of it is irrelevant.

    And you know that because? Oh wait, you don't know that, you are just saying that absurdity because you want to pretend it happened to justify your warped world view.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To me, this thread is a perfect example of how easily distracted from the real issue people can get. Whether anybody would have reported the story if Islam were the religion is completely 100% irrelevant.
    Especially since Muslims have been disqualified for religious actions which violated the rules and it has been reported.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    If you don't know what taunting means, or how to look it up in a dictionary, it's really more on you to figure it out. How about you consult a dictionary, instead of being rude?
    What taunting goes on at a sports event?

    Is it when the winning team says they won?
    Last edited by Mason66; 05-06-13 at 05:58 AM.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    I often see athletes interviewed seconds after a victory. The first thing they say is "I've got to thank God." Now, how do the athletes on the losing team feel?... It would seem it is irrelevant to even raise an arm.
    I hear that a lot too. They thank God for victory but the funny thing is, you'll never hear anyone on the losing team say "We would have won the game if God didn't make me fumble the ball".

  9. #89
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What taunting goes on at a sports event?

    Is it when the winning team says they won?


    I really don't understand why you cannot do your own research on this.

  10. #90
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, they wouldn't DQ the team, for fear of offending Muslims, so Breitbart's coverage of it is irrelevant.
    Like I said, you buy the narrative.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •