Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 117

Thread: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Is it your opinion the only people who celebrate in an unsportsmanlike attitude are black people? And you're calling me the racist?

    I honestly could not care less what race is doing the taunting, it completely goes against what sports are supposed to be.
    No but dancing and celebrating are a part of black sports culture, and not a part of the white sports culture embodied by Joe Paterno or Mike Ditka.

    Go to any high school football game in a black neighborhood and you will see what I'm saying.

    These "sportsmanship" penalties are nothing but cultural whitewashing. YOU think sports should be one way (no dancing, pointing, etc) and so you put that in the rules. I say that's a garbage. There's nothing wrong with a little celebration and having fun.

    It doesn't harm anyone. The only reason it's banned is because it makes white america uncomfortable.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    No but dancing and celebrating are a part of black sports culture, and not a part of the white sports culture embodied by Joe Paterno or Mike Ditka.
    I literally had to do a double take.

    So...dancing and celebrating is black sports culture and allowing little children to be molested is white sports culture. Got it.

    Go to any high school football game in a black neighborhood and you will see what I'm saying.
    I honestly don't know what to say to this, except that I truly hope you're merely pulling my chain right now.

    These "sportsmanship" penalties are nothing but cultural whitewashing. YOU think sports should be one way (no dancing, pointing, etc) and so you put that in the rules. I say that's a garbage. There's nothing wrong with a little celebration and having fun.
    Celebration is not being restricted, taunting others is being restricted.

    It doesn't harm anyone. The only reason it's banned is because it makes white america uncomfortable.
    Or because taunting completely violates the idea of sportsmanship. Either way. Though probably much more my way.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I literally had to do a double take.

    So...dancing and celebrating is black sports culture and allowing little children to be molested is white sports culture. Got it.

    I honestly don't know what to say to this, except that I truly hope you're merely pulling my chain right now.

    Celebration is not being restricted, taunting others is being restricted.

    Or because taunting completely violates the idea of sportsmanship. Either way. Though probably much more my way.
    You're clearly so whitewashed you don't even realize that there are differences in black and white culture.

    Would you make the New Zealand rugby team stop doing the hakka dance before every game? No, because it's part of their culture. Why is it that we can respect their culture, but not the culture of black athletes in the United States?

    Nobody is harmed by doing a dance or pointing a finger.

    White people watch WWE wrestling, right? All they do is taunt and celebrate. It's good entertainment. But when a black athlete does it in a football game, oh we can't have that.

    And yes, Joe Paterno is the quintessential figurehead of white sports. There is no flash, no swagger with his teams. All the rot was on the inside.



  4. #34
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    This wasn't about suppressing success, it's about suppressing taunting and teaching good sportsmanship. This rule removes the subjectivity aspect, and sets a firm black and white rule. There is no indication of taunting here, but what about all the times there was taunting? Why should the official be forced to subjectively decide whether a team can advance to state or not?

    It's not a stupid rule, it's a rule which has come about because of a very real lack of sportsmanship in sports. Contrary to popular opinion, sports are not about winning, but in this "win at all costs" culture we now have, we seen taunting on a regular basis. I have no problem with a rule which cracks down on unsportsmanship like behavior.
    we will have to agree to disagree. Your comment about "real lack of sportsmanship in sports", when occurs shows a larger underlying problem. It starts with the parents.

    I still say, let the kids enjoy and celebrate in sports. They can be shown/taught how to do it without taunting.
    Amazing my generation for the most part did just fine without all these rules.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,478

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post


    I can only shake my head.
    Not allowed.

  6. #36
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    1. How do they know it was God?
    2. Did they ask him?
    3. And what does it matter if he had?

    Whoever was involved with the DQ should be DQ'd from officiating sport events.

    The DQ is 100% ridiculous.
    reminds me of the wrestling thread where questions of rule adherence were ignored in the name of pushing some agenda about repressing religion. Unless you can show that excessive celebrations were allowed in other context, not involving religious celebration, the later accusation is without merit.

  7. #37
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Excessive celebratory acts? So you just tuck in your tail, lower your head, and pretend you didn't accomplish anything?
    Last edited by shlunka; 05-04-13 at 06:37 PM.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  8. #38
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Having played a ton of sports at a pretty high level (and one professionally)... raising your arm(s) in victory is a reflex action.
    right, and different leagues and organizations have different rules, that are applied based on best judgement by individuals.

    just the nature of sports officiating.

  9. #39
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    God hates everybody who runs a little bit slower. Didn't you know that?

    I have a feeling that this wouldn't be appearing on breitbart.com if the kid said he was thanking Allah.
    I'm not sure citing hurt feelings over a raised arm really helps your position. As a basis for a rule, it's rather silly, even at the grade school level

  10. #40
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,478

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I can only shake my head.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Not allowed.
    Am sorry, but my own post cracked me up so much I had to repeat it. Thanks to Goshin for setting me up with that one. Don't mind if I take a bow at all.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •