Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    'They' didn't know and didn't care. This isn't a religious thing but by rule no one can raise an arm after an event. That is apparently what he was cited for and the DQ issued.

    FYI Maggie started a thread on this already....
    Maybe he was praising Allah, and now he's going to burn an American flag on your lawn.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Maybe he was praising Allah, and now he's going to burn an American flag on your lawn.
    If THAT was what he was doing then I doubt very much Fox Noise and a few right wingers in here would be lamenting the 'crushing' of religious freedom...

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    1. How do they know it was God?
    2. Did they ask him?
    3. And what does it matter if he had?

    Whoever was involved with the DQ should be DQ'd from officiating sport events.

    The DQ is 100% ridiculous.
    so many people remain alive because it is a serious felony to shoot even gaping assholes



  4. #114
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Maybe he was praising Allah, and now he's going to burn an American flag on your lawn.
    He'd still get disqualified and lighting a flag on fire on my lawn would get an ass kicking. (although really burning anything on my lawn is going to get an ass kicking if it's not in a charcoal grill (parenthesis in parenthesis: propane is of the devil))

    edit: clarification: burning an American flag inside a charcoal grill on my lawn is also not acceptable. Grills are only for meat products.

    edit2: further clarification: fake meat products like veggie burgers will also result in an ass kicking, you damned hippie.

    edit3: still more clarification: veggie burgers are acceptable for people with a heart condition or other serious medical reason to avoid meat. bring a doctor's note.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-06-13 at 11:10 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    If THAT was what he was doing then I doubt very much Fox Noise and a few right wingers in here would be lamenting the 'crushing' of religious freedom...
    100% agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He'd still get disqualified and lighting a flag on fire on my lawn would get an ass kicking. (although really burning anything on my lawn is going to get an ass kicking if it's not in a charcoal grill (parenthesis in parenthesis: propane is of the devil))




    edit: clarification: burning an American flag inside a charcoal grill on my lawn is also not acceptable. Grills are only for meat products.
    Amen for that. Although I hear grilled corn on the cob can be good.

  6. #116
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Never read past the first page, but after hearing about how outrageous this was all day, I listen to talk radio, I find that this doesn't bother me. Everyone knows the rules and this person broke the rules.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  7. #117
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: High School Track Team Disqualified When Runner Gestures Thanks to God

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    Never read past the first page, but after hearing about how outrageous this was all day, I listen to talk radio, I find that this doesn't bother me. Everyone knows the rules and this person broke the rules.
    Talk radio, like any other media source discussing current events, has every reason to make something sound more exciting or more scary than it really is. Because that gets people to listen. To the commercials.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •