Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,306

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    ...
    "documents" and "witnesses" have been popping up for 12 years concerning 9/11 truther nonsense, as well. and Kennedy's assassination. and pretty much every other conspiracy theory.
    Serious suggestion for ya ... try to be a lot more discerning when drawing parallels among event aftermaths like that. They're not all the same.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Helix. This one was very different. Or wouldn't you even agree on that? An ambassador was murdered and dragged through the streets. Two marines died waiting for help that never came. Security at the mission was cut in spite of proven requests for additional help. (Frankly, I don't give a damned whether or not it was a terrorist attack or caused by the YouTube video; that was never the point with me.)
    what happened in Benghazi is that a small portion of a larger population which has been repressed by secular dictators and religious leaders finally boiled over, radicalized, and attacked the convenient demon, which happened to be us because we had a presence there. we also have a long history of activity in the middle east, and they hate us like we would hate them if Libya had a major presence and influence in Mexico and Canada. they basically caught us off guard, and we never should have been there in the first place. this, however, doesn't equate to an "all the way to the top" conspiracy and coverup.

  3. #63
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    what happened in Benghazi is that a small portion of a larger population which has been repressed by secular dictators and religious leaders finally boiled over, radicalized, and attacked the convenient demon, which happened to be us because we had a presence there. we also have a long history of activity in the middle east, and they hate us like we would hate them if Libya had a major presence and influence in Mexico and Canada. they basically caught us off guard, and we never should have been there in the first place. this, however, doesn't equate to an "all the way to the top" conspiracy and coverup.
    I can like that post! I don't doubt anything you've said -- even your last sentence. But bright lights should be welcomed not dimmed.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Doing well, thank you. Sometimes infractions are worth the "effort". They expire rather quickly... Oh, and they can relate to the subject without mentioning another member...
    I got infracted for saying what we used to say to each other everyday on Politico (It was only a JOKE by the way)............go figure........................

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    no, both fox and msnbc are confirmation bias / entertainment networks.
    Then why is Fox listed as a Credible news source.....and MSNBC isn't? That would be from Fact Check.org and Politi-Fact.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then why is Fox listed as a Credible news source.....and MSNBC isn't? That would be from Fact Check.org and Politi-Fact.
    There are no credible "news" sources in America. They're just entertainment shows with their own followings................

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I can like that post! I don't doubt anything you've said -- even your last sentence. But bright lights should be welcomed not dimmed.
    i don't disagree. i just see that in this case, an entity which claims objectivity is using the tragedy as a political weapon. that really gets under my skin.

    back when i was a conservative, Dan Rather was still one of my favorite anchors. in 2004, he kept running with a fake story about Bush and his National Guard record (including faked documents) in order to help John Kerry's presidential campaign. he was brought down by a poster named Buckhead at the cesspool known as Free Republic. CBS promptly fired him; i was somewhat sad to see him go, but i understood it. one of my problems with this whole story is that even if the preponderance of the evidence points the other way, no one at fox will be canned. it offends my respect for the scientific method. a scientist changes the theory in light of new data; a scientist does not choose data which supports the theory. i feel that this is what fox and msnbc do as part of their business model, and i am automatically skeptical of both sources.

  8. #68
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i don't disagree. i just see that in this case, an entity which claims objectivity is using the tragedy as a political weapon. that really gets under my skin.

    back when i was a conservative, Dan Rather was still one of my favorite anchors. in 2004, he kept running with a fake story about Bush and his National Guard record (including faked documents) in order to help John Kerry's presidential campaign. he was brought down by a poster named Buckhead at the cesspool known as Free Republic. CBS promptly fired him; i was somewhat sad to see him go, but i understood it. one of my problems with this whole story is that even if the preponderance of the evidence points the other way, no one at fox will be canned. it offends my respect for the scientific method. a scientist changes the theory in light of new data; a scientist does not choose data which supports the theory. i feel that this is what fox and msnbc do as part of their business model, and i am automatically skeptical of both sources.
    I think we ought to be skeptical of all of them. Especially in light of six corporations owning 90% of media outlets. That fact is spooky.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then why is Fox listed as a Credible news source.....and MSNBC isn't? That would be from Fact Check.org and Politi-Fact.
    i disagree with the assertion that either are credible news sources.

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think we ought to be skeptical of all of them. Especially in light of six corporations owning 90% of media outlets. That fact is spooky.
    i agree.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •