Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    like the Benghazi story, most of the media didn't cover it as a conspiracy. msnbc might have, but i don't follow that network.
    You didn't apply your google analysis process yet you assume there might have been a coverup of those attacks despite nary a contemporary murmur ... yet despite documents & witnesses about Benghazi popping up over the 6 month period you say uh-uh, nothing to see here, move along.
    Curious.

  2. #52
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'll consider the fox story if you can show me a similar level of fox coverage of any embassy attack which occurred under the previous administration. there were twelve attacks during the Bush years.
    Helix. This one was very different. Or wouldn't you even agree on that? An ambassador was murdered and dragged through the streets. Two marines died waiting for help that never came. Security at the mission was cut in spite of proven requests for additional help. (Frankly, I don't give a damned whether or not it was a terrorist attack or caused by the YouTube video; that was never the point with me.)

    And let me make it easy. There would appear to be no editorializing in the Fox News story. Merely a presentation of fact. It gets dangerous when we discount everything any media source. Frankly? Including outlets like Brietbart and others. Trust but verify and/or Do't trust but check it out anyhow.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Fox news is home of soft core conspiracy crap. They have a terrible reputation. It does not mean they cannot publish a fact at tiomes, but that one should certainly not watch them to hear facts. You can keep saying that this article is fine, but it never addressed fox's reputation at all. If that were the way things worked then Obama would be a good presidnet the moment he mad a decision you thought was good. Does that sound silly to you, because it does to me. No, fox is a terrible and inaccurate news station that has been caught in a number of blatant lies. Oh, and you have reframed the argument from fox being unreliable to whether or not the article is unreliable. Terrible tactic which changes the argument into something you think you can defend because you know you cannot defend the reputation of faux news.
    You are off point in the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Good, get back to the original point and don't let maggie reframe the argument to something different because she cannot answer the original point.
    You don't even know what "the argument" is about.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You don't trust Fox. Got it. Who do you trust?
    Johnny Carson?

    ------------------------

    Folks, 90% of media outlets are owned by 6 -- that's SIX!! -- corporate giants. Six CEO's. That's consolidated from fifty back in 1983.

    He who controls the news controls the views.
    Listener beware. Again: Trust but verify -- or Don't trust but check it out anyway.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Helix is getting pounded here.

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,117

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's amusing.....considering Fox is a major News Source. While MSDNC(MSNBC cable) isn't.
    no, both fox and msnbc are confirmation bias / entertainment networks.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post



    Johnny Carson?

    ...
    Nope ... I found out it's Google.

  6. #56
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Helix is getting pounded here.
    There's probably a political cartoon in there somewhere for this. Good evening bubba...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,117

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You didn't apply your google analysis process yet you assume there might have been a coverup of those attacks despite nary a contemporary murmur
    no, i don't think there was a conspiracy in either case.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    ... yet despite documents & witnesses about Benghazi popping up over the 6 month period you say uh-uh, nothing to see here, move along.
    Curious.
    "documents" and "witnesses" have been popping up for 12 years concerning 9/11 truther nonsense, as well. and Kennedy's assassination. and pretty much every other conspiracy theory.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There's probably a political cartoon in there somewhere for this. Good evening bubba...
    I learned a lesson my first day here that when you do something like that about another member, a point infraction awaits.
    How've you been. AP?

  9. #59
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I learned a lesson my first day here that when you do something like that about another member, a point infraction awaits.
    How've you been. AP?
    Doing well, thank you. Sometimes infractions are worth the "effort". They expire rather quickly... Oh, and they can relate to the subject without mentioning another member...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You don't trust Fox. Got it. Who do you trust?
    very little.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •