Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #321
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Right at 4:21, just as in the transcript.

    Did you think this would change the losing Romney "point", that it would be different?
    Later that day...

    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...Aux;mostShared
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because an "act of terror" is a completely different thing than "terrorism".

    This is why no one cares about such hackery
    Seems the FBI would disagree with your assessment....huh? Who would you say has more credibility, you or the FBI?

    Sure it does. Terrorism is a Pre planned and a premeditated attack.

    According to David Gomez, a former FBI counterterrorism official, Justice Department protocol automatically classifies bombings of this nature as terrorism cases, partly for jurisdictional purposes: Until deemed otherwise, the FBI (and not Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) handles bombings as terrorism investigations.

    “There’s a number of different definitions for ‘terrorism.’ There’s the academic definition, and there are the legal definitions, and then there’s the one that’s used by the FBI, which kind of straddles both,” Gomez told ABC News. “The FBI uses a definition that talks about coercing the civilian population or the government … through violence. … It’s an attempt to change their minds about certain things.”

    A former senior assistant special agent-in-charge for counter-terrorism and intelligence at the FBI’s Seattle Field Office, Gomez said the word “terrorism” carries political connotations about a perpetrator’s motive. Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza, for instance, was not a terrorist because he wasn’t trying to communicate a message to the public or the government.....snip~

    What It Means to Call It ‘Terrorism’ - ABC News

  3. #323
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Seems the FBI would disagree with your assessment....huh? Who would you say has more credibility, you or the FBI?

    Sure it does. Terrorism is a Pre planned and a premeditated attack.

    According to David Gomez, a former FBI counterterrorism official, Justice Department protocol automatically classifies bombings of this nature as terrorism cases, partly for jurisdictional purposes: Until deemed otherwise, the FBI (and not Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) handles bombings as terrorism investigations.

    “There’s a number of different definitions for ‘terrorism.’ There’s the academic definition, and there are the legal definitions, and then there’s the one that’s used by the FBI, which kind of straddles both,” Gomez told ABC News. “The FBI uses a definition that talks about coercing the civilian population or the government … through violence. … It’s an attempt to change their minds about certain things.”

    A former senior assistant special agent-in-charge for counter-terrorism and intelligence at the FBI’s Seattle Field Office, Gomez said the word “terrorism” carries political connotations about a perpetrator’s motive. Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza, for instance, was not a terrorist because he wasn’t trying to communicate a message to the public or the government.....snip~

    What It Means to Call It ‘Terrorism’ - ABC News
    IOW, you have no evidence that the FBI's investigation was somehow hampered because Obama correctly called it "an act of terror"

    Another reason why americans don't care about the GOP's hackery
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #324
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because an "act of terror" is a completely different thing than "terrorism".

    This is why no one cares about such hackery
    IT is a completely different thing, just as your anointed one explained later that day to 60 minutes.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #325
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    IT is a completely different thing, just as your anointed one explained later that day to 60 minutes.
    Sure it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #326
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Sure it is.
    "]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...Aux;mostShared]Obama suspects Libya attack targeted Americans - 60 Minutes - CBS News
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #327
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    "]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...Aux;mostShared]Obama suspects Libya attack targeted Americans - 60 Minutes - CBS News
    Too bad your link proves you were wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #328
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Too bad your link proves you were wrong
    No, it does not. It proves you can't hear through your bias.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sept. 12: Libya’s deputy ambassador to London, Ahmad Jibril, tells the BBC that Ansar al-Sharia was behind the attack. The little-known militant group issues a statement that says it “didn’t participate as a sole entity,” neither confirming nor denying the report.
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this. And I will keep repeating this until it sinks in....and I predict this will take a long time.


    "She knew at that point and time that al Qaeda was very likely responsible in part or in whole for the death of Ambassador Stevens," he said, intimating that Rice should have said that.
    If Rice said "terrorist, would it bring Stevens back to life? "Terrorism"=abracadabra?

    This is getting goofy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #330
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it does not. It proves you can't hear through your bias.
    Your link proves that you're wrong. It's that simple

    That's why the American people don't care about the GOP hackery
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •