Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this.
    Oct. 24: Reuters reports the White House, Pentagon and other government agencies learned just two hours into the Benghazi attack that Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamic militant group, had “claimed credit” for it. The wire service report was based on three emails from the State Department’s Operations Center. One of the emails said, “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripol.” The article also noted, “Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.” (It should be noted that Reuters first reported on Sept. 12 that unnamed U.S. officials believed that Ansar al-Sharia may have been involved.).....snip~


    Plus like they said they had it on Twitter and Facebook. Also as it stands they know Stevens was even taken to a hospital that was under the Control of Ansar Al Sharia.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oct. 24: Reuters reports the White House, Pentagon and other government agencies learned just two hours into the Benghazi attack that Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamic militant group, had “claimed credit” for it. The wire service report was based on three emails from the State Department’s Operations Center. One of the emails said, “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.” The article also noted, “Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.” (It should be noted that Reuters first reported on Sept. 12 that unnamed U.S. officials believed that Ansar al-Sharia may have been involved.).....snip~

    Plus like they said they had it on Twitter and Facebook. Also as it stands they know Stevens was even taken to a hospital that was under the Control of Ansar Al Sharia.
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this. And I will keep repeating this until it sinks in....and I predict this will take a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #313
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and that senior official brings us not one document to evidence his assertions
    be assured. if he were actually demoted, there would be LOTS of paper work to document said demotion
    but like you, he offers us nothing in support of the claims
    Yep. Pathetic.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #314
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll repost the portion that is key, directly from your post:He mentions the 4 killed in the same breath describing "acts of terror". Romney failed with your same "point".


    Funny, I have arguing this exact point for a long while with M, and I'm ignoring it?

    You are ignoring what is right in front of you.


    He mentions an "act of terror" in a general sense one time. He never once called the attack a "Terrorist Attack".

    edit: Which was followed by official state department statement claiming it was a spontaneous reaction to a video.
    Last edited by mac; 05-09-13 at 08:42 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    video
    Right at 4:21, just as in the transcript.

    Did you think this would change the losing Romney "point", that it would be different?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and that senior official brings us not one document to evidence his assertions
    be assured. if he were actually demoted, there would be LOTS of paper work to document said demotion
    but like you, he offers us nothing in support of the claims
    Where did Mac say he was demoted? But this is what he did say I quote:

    "Who he is: With a 22-year career at the State Department, Hicks has distinguished record of service in six overseas assignments in Bahrain, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, and The Gambia. In the course of his service, he's received six Meritorious Service Increases, three individual Meritorious Honor Awards, and four individual Superior Honor Awards. At the time of the attack in Benghazi, Hicks was the number two U.S. official in Libya."

    It appears Hicks has served under different presidents, has a stellar record. And he is not the only one bringing out the truth over an Obama administration coverup of incompetence, and lies distorting the truth for political gain. This is not over nor should it be, lives lost due to incompetence and wrong political decision needs to fully uncover the truth. That is the least that anyone should want.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #317
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post


    He mentions an "act of terror" in a general sense one time. He never once called the attack a "Terrorist Attack".
    Because an "act of terror" is a completely different thing than "terrorism".

    This is why no one cares about such hackery
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #318
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post

    He mentions an "act of terror" in a general sense one time. He never once called the attack a "Terrorist Attack".

    edit: Which was followed by official state department statement claiming it was a spontaneous reaction to a video.
    Wash rinse repeat..

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Beyond this, it has zero bearing on anything, whether they called the attacks "terror" or "terrorism", it had no effect on the fact that Stevens was already dead. The semantic argument changes nothing, and now that a clearer view of the events has been formed, it still hasn't brought Stevens back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this. And I will keep repeating this until it sinks in....and I predict this will take a long time.
    Sept. 12: Libya’s deputy ambassador to London, Ahmad Jibril, tells the BBC that Ansar al-Sharia was behind the attack. The little-known militant group issues a statement that says it “didn’t participate as a sole entity,” neither confirming nor denying the report.

    Sept. 12: Citing unnamed “U.S. government officials,” Reuters reports that “the Benghazi attack may have been planned in advance” and that members of Ansar al-Sharia “may have been involved.” Reuters quotes one of the U.S. officials as saying: “It bears the hallmarks of an organized attack.”......snip~

    FactCheck.org : Benghazi Timeline


    [UPDATE - Rep. Trey Gowdy also revealed an email sent on 9/12 in which Assistant Sec. Jones confirmed to a Libyan official that the attack had been carried out by terrorist organization Ansar al-Sharia].

    The Damning Dozen: Twelve Revelations from the Benghazi Hearings - Guy Benson

    Yeah, I know so what you got for Clintons Group telling the Libyan Official the very next morning that it was Ansar Al Sharia.....if the only thing they had was Ansar Al sharia claiming credit?

    How about the CIA?

    Washington (CNN) -- Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified on Capitol Hill Friday that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in September was an act of terrorism committed by al Qaeda-linked militants.

    The former CIA chief has said there was a stream of intelligence from multiple sources, including video at the scene, that indicated Ansar al Sharia was behind the attack, according to an official with knowledge of the situation.

    "She knew at that point and time that al Qaeda was very likely responsible in part or in whole for the death of Ambassador Stevens," he said, intimating that Rice should have said that.....snip~

    Ex-CIA chief Petraeus testifies Benghazi attack was al Qaeda-linked terrorism - CNN.com

    Yeah, I know it is hard to remember when Petraeus testified. But then there it is again.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oct. 24: Reuters reports the White House, Pentagon and other government agencies learned just two hours into the Benghazi attack that Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamic militant group, had “claimed credit” for it. The wire service report was based on three emails from the State Department’s Operations Center. One of the emails said, “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.” The article also noted, “Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.” (It should be noted that Reuters first reported on Sept. 12 that unnamed U.S. officials believed that Ansar al-Sharia may have been involved.).....snip~

    Plus like they said they had it on Twitter and Facebook. Also as it stands they know Stevens was even taken to a hospital that was under the Control of Ansar Al Sharia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this. And I will keep repeating this until it sinks in....and I predict this will take a long time.
    "Intelligence experts caution that initial reports are often inaccurate" So based on your response our military should never respond to initial reports of any kind. In fact no one should react to any initial report no matter what it is, as it may be inaccurate. So you get an initial report that the twin towers were bombed and you say, that's just an initial report and it's probably wrong so we don't do anything based on initial reports. Now that is leadership.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •