Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #301
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Every single eye witness to the events has testified in direct opposition to the stories that State and WH put out, and yet you continue to ignore them. You've got no standing.
    I didn't "ignore it", you are ignoring that it was labeled as terror and at that point no one knew exactly who all was involved besides those who were attacking the compound.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #302
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i hear you
    spent the afternoon watching faux news
    they kept leaving the hearing
    at one time insisted they would show more republican questioning ... but never returned to the live hearing
    when even faux avoided showing the hearing, it was obvious there was nothing coming out to aid the network's anti-Obama propagnda
    No, that's not true. The only time they broke was when he wasn't speaking. 100% of his testimony was broadcast live.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #303
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I didn't "ignore it", you are ignoring that it was labeled as terror and at that point no one knew exactly who all was involved besides those who were attacking the compound.
    No, it wasn't labeled as terror, and I posted the transcript of the speech you are misquoting. Also, you are ignoring that his entire administration pushed the "reaction to a video" bs for two weeks after this speech. At least 7 people have testified that they new exactly what was happening when it was happening. The Deputy head of mission testified that he himself relayed it to the DoS real time.

    You, sir, are in denial.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #304
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hicks had no absolute knowledge of who the attackers were at "2am". Your claim was that everyone knew who attacked the compound, no one beyond those who did it knew.
    "WASHINGTON — The No. 2 diplomat in Libya during the Benghazi attack testified Wednesday that he and many others knew the Sept. 11 assault was terrorism from the moment it happened, and he was shocked when the Obama administration said otherwise.

    "I was stunned," said Gregory Hicks, former deputy chief of mission in Libya. "My jaw dropped and I was embarrassed.""
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hicks had no absolute knowledge of who the attackers were at "2am". Your claim was that everyone knew who attacked the compound, no one beyond those who did it knew.

    You are engaging in semantic argument and you don't realize it, you ignore the fact that your sources that you quote have obvious errors, you want "all information" and when the information was incorrect, you blame the WH and Cabinet for stating information supplied by the CIA.

    Beyond this, it has zero bearing on anything, whether they called the attacks "terror" or "terrorism", it had no effect on the fact that Stevens was already dead. The semantic argument changes nothing, and now that a clearer view of the events has been formed, it still hasn't brought Stevens back to life.

    He and others on the ground -- including Amb. Stevens -- recognized the raid as a coordinated terrorist attack from the very beginning. Hicks testified that he personally told Sec. Clinton as much at 2 am on the night of the attack, along with her senior staff.....snip~

    Yes he did.....and they can even validate it so. As it was all over Twitter and Facebook. Which he testified too. Plus FactCheck already validated it so.

    Oct. 24: White House, State Department Emails on Ansar al-Sharia

    Oct. 24: Reuters reports the White House, Pentagon and other government agencies learned just two hours into the Benghazi attack that Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamic militant group, had “claimed credit” for it. The wire service report was based on three emails from the State Department’s Operations Center. One of the emails said, “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripol.” The article also noted, “Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.” (It should be noted that Reuters first reported on Sept. 12 that unnamed U.S. officials believed that Ansar al-Sharia may have been involved.).....snip~

    FactCheck.org : Benghazi Timeline

    Sure it does. Terrorism is a Pre planned and a premeditated attack.

    According to David Gomez, a former FBI counterterrorism official, Justice Department protocol automatically classifies bombings of this nature as terrorism cases, partly for jurisdictional purposes: Until deemed otherwise, the FBI (and not Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) handles bombings as terrorism investigations.

    “There’s a number of different definitions for ‘terrorism.’ There’s the academic definition, and there are the legal definitions, and then there’s the one that’s used by the FBI, which kind of straddles both,” Gomez told ABC News. “The FBI uses a definition that talks about coercing the civilian population or the government … through violence. … It’s an attempt to change their minds about certain things.”

    A former senior assistant special agent-in-charge for counter-terrorism and intelligence at the FBI’s Seattle Field Office, Gomez said the word “terrorism” carries political connotations about a perpetrator’s motive. Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza, for instance, was not a terrorist because he wasn’t trying to communicate a message to the public or the government.....snip~

    What It Means to Call It ‘Terrorism’ - ABC News

  6. #306
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, what we are left with is a disgruntled employee who is unable to document anything that he is alleging against his co-workers
    Pathetic.

    "Who he is: With a 22-year career at the State Department, Hicks has distinguished record of service in six overseas assignments in Bahrain, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, and The Gambia. In the course of his service, he's received six Meritorious Service Increases, three individual Meritorious Honor Awards, and four individual Superior Honor Awards. At the time of the attack in Benghazi, Hicks was the number two U.S. official in Libya."
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #307
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Pathetic.

    "Who he is: With a 22-year career at the State Department, Hicks has distinguished record of service in six overseas assignments in Bahrain, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, and The Gambia. In the course of his service, he's received six Meritorious Service Increases, three individual Meritorious Honor Awards, and four individual Superior Honor Awards. At the time of the attack in Benghazi, Hicks was the number two U.S. official in Libya."
    and that senior official brings us not one document to evidence his assertions
    be assured. if he were actually demoted, there would be LOTS of paper work to document said demotion
    but like you, he offers us nothing in support of the claims
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #308
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it wasn't labeled as terror, and I posted the transcript of the speech you are misquoting.
    I'll repost the portion that is key, directly from your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.
    He mentions the 4 killed in the same breath describing "acts of terror". Romney failed with your same "point".


    Also, you are ignoring that his entire administration pushed the "reaction to a video" bs for two weeks after this speech. At least 7 people have testified that they new exactly what was happening when it was happening. The Deputy head of mission testified that he himself relayed it to the DoS real time. You, sir, are in denial.
    Funny, I have arguing this exact point for a long while with M, and I'm ignoring it?

    You are ignoring what is right in front of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    He and others on the ground -- including Amb. Stevens -- recognized the raid as a coordinated terrorist attack from the very beginning. Hicks testified that he personally told Sec. Clinton as much at 2 am on the night of the attack, along with her senior staff.....snip
    A group claiming credit is not verification. You should be better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    "WASHINGTON — The No. 2 diplomat in Libya during the Benghazi attack testified Wednesday that he and many others knew the Sept. 11 assault was terrorism from the moment it happened, and he was shocked when the Obama administration said otherwise.

    "I was stunned," said Gregory Hicks, former deputy chief of mission in Libya. "My jaw dropped and I was embarrassed.""
    You, like M, have issues telling the difference between "who" and "what".

    Did I make a point about "what" or "who"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hicks had no absolute knowledge of who the attackers were at "2am". Your claim was that everyone knew who attacked the compound, no one beyond those who did it knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •