Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #281
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Dude you showed me what Fact Check. Org showed you.....I can't help it you didn't see the part where Obama stated it wasn't a Pre planned attack. I can't help it you didn't pay attention to those dates. Perhaps you should go and re-read it. Then note the Dates. Plus what was Stated. There is no mistaking putting 1 + 1 together.
    Um, I pointed out that on the 12th he said that is was an act of terror, the very next line stated "the POTUS never said it was an act of terror."

    You posted it, I reposted pointing out the obvious error, and you can't even admit to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, I pointed out that on the 12th he said that is was an act of terror, the very next line stated "the POTUS never said it was an act of terror."

    You posted it, I reposted pointing out the obvious error, and you can't even admit to this.
    They stated he did not call it terrorism.....that's the difference they are noting. While at the same time stating. He had said it wasn't a Pre-planned attack. Which we now know everybody knew it was a Pre planned attack and that involved AQ.

    Furthermore if you dispute Fact Check. Then go look up one of the others. Here lets go thru that one more time for you.

    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror,’ Not ‘Terrorism’


    Sept. 12: Clinton issues a statement confirming that four U.S. officials, not one, had been killed. She called it a “violent attack.”


    Clinton: All the Americans we lost in yesterday’s attacks made the ultimate sacrifice. We condemn this vicious and violent attack that took their lives, which they had committed to helping the Libyan people reach for a better future.

    Sept. 12: Clinton delivers a speech at the State Department to condemn the attack in Benghazi and to praise the victims as “heroes.” She again makes reference to the anti-Muslim video in similar language.


    Clinton: Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our Embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear — there is no justification for this, none.

    Sept. 12: Obama delivers a morning speech in the Rose Garden to address the deaths of U.S. diplomats in Libya. He said, “No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” He also makes reference to the anti-Muslim video when he says: “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.” He uses the term “act of terror” later that night when talking about the attack at a campaign event in Las Vegas. <<<<<EVIDENTLY YOU DIDNT READ THIS RIGHT.....now what were you saying since here it is in black and white. Were we still playing semantics?

    Sept. 12: After his Rose Garden speech, Obama tapes an interview for “60 Minutes.” Obama says he didn’t use the word “terrorism” in his Rose Garden speech because “it’s too early to know exactly how this came about.” Steve Kroft, the show’s host, wonders how the attack could be described as a “mob action” since the attackers were “very heavily armed.” Obama says “we’re still investigating,” but he suspects “folks involved in this . . . were looking to target Americans from the start.”

    Sept. 12: Libya’s deputy ambassador to London, Ahmad Jibril, tells the BBC that Ansar al-Sharia was behind the attack. The little-known militant group issues a statement that says it “didn’t participate as a sole entity,” neither confirming nor denying the report.

    Sept. 12: Citing unnamed “U.S. government officials,” Reuters reports that “the Benghazi attack may have been planned in advance” and that members of Ansar al-Sharia “may have been involved.” Reuters quotes one of the U.S. officials as saying: “It bears the hallmarks of an organized attack.”

    Sept. 13: ‘Clearly Planned’ or ‘Spontaneous’ Attack?

    Sept. 13: Clinton meets with Ali Suleiman Aujali — the Libyan ambassador to the U.S. — at a State Department event to mark the end of Ramadan. Ambassador Aujali apologizes to Clinton for what he called “this terrorist attack which took place against the American consulate in Libya.” Clinton, in her remarks, does not refer to it as a terrorist attack. She condemns the anti-Muslim video, but adds that there is “never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

    Sept. 13: CNN reports that unnamed “State Department officials” say the incident in Benghazi was a “clearly planned military-type attack” unrelated to the anti-Muslim movie.

    CNN: “It was not an innocent mob,” one senior official said. “The video or 9/11 made a handy excuse and could be fortuitous from their perspective but this was a clearly planned military-type attack.”

    Sept. 14: White House Says No Evidence of Planned Attack

    Sept. 14: Clinton spoke at Andrews Air Force Base at a ceremony to receive the remains of those killed in Benghazi. She remarked that she received a letter from the president of the Palestinian Authority praising Stevens and “deploring — and I quote — ‘an act of ugly terror.’ ” She, however, did not call it an act of terror or a terrorist attack and neither did the president.

    Sept. 14: At a State Department press briefing, spokeswoman Nuland says the department will no longer answer any questions about the Benghazi attack. “It is now something that you need to talk to the FBI about, not to us about, because it’s their investigation.”

    Sept. 14: At a White House press briefing, Press Secretary Carney denies reports that it was a preplanned attack. “I have seen that report, and the story is absolutely wrong. We were not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent. That report is false.” Later in that same briefing, Carney is told that Pentagon officials informed members of Congress at a closed-door meeting that the Benghazi attack was a planned terrorist attack. Carney said the matter is being investigated but White House officials “don’t have and did not have concrete evidence to suggest that this was not in reaction to the film.”.....snip~

    http://factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

    Heres the link again so all can see it for.....what it is!
    Last edited by MMC; 05-09-13 at 03:11 PM.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    I'll try one more time to get you to admit to your previous error, but I know you will not acknowledge it. You posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror,’ Not ‘Terrorism’


    Sept. 14: Clinton spoke at Andrews Air Force Base at a ceremony to receive the remains of those killed in Benghazi. She remarked that she received a letter from the president of the Palestinian Authority praising Stevens and “deploring — and I quote — ‘an act of ugly terror.’ ” She, however, did not call it an act of terror or a terrorist attack and neither did the president.
    Obviously, the PRESIDENT did label the event "an act of terror", you posted it. You cannnot say, as you did in the last line that the president did not call it "an act of terror"

    Are you capable of admitting this error, or are you going to do another quote dump to cover this up?
    Ironic.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-09-13 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Bump....you are avoiding this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that the admin should release all information before it is fully vetted?

    Is that not what happened in this case? They went with early info from the CIA and now you guys, purely for political reasons, are hypocritically saying they got it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll try one more time to get you to admit to your previous error, but I know you will not acknowledge it. You posted:Obviously, the PRESIDENT did label the event "an act of terror", you posted it. You cannnot say, as you did in the last line that the president did not call it "an act of terrorism"

    Are you capable of admitting this error, or are you going to do another quote dump to cover this up?
    Ironic.
    You're interfering with M's tea party meme with facts. That's not allowed in tea party world.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll try one more time to get you to admit to your previous error, but I know you will not acknowledge it. You posted:Obviously, the PRESIDENT did label the event "an act of terror", you posted it. You cannnot say, as you did in the last line that the president did not call it "an act of terror"

    Are you capable of admitting this error, or are you going to do another quote dump to cover this up?
    Ironic.
    Try again.....he said it was an Act or terror. Not Terrorism. That's what Fact Check has down and so do all the rest. They Mean Obama did not label it a act of terrorism.

    Right Exactly on the 14th Both Obama and Clinton did not refer to it act of terror or terrorism. Which Obama Had Labeled it an Act of Terror On the Sept 12th. Got that part now.....Obama labeled it an Act of Terror on.....Sept 12. Are you still confused?

  7. #287
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    On September 12 U.S. President Barack Obama condemned "this outrageous attack" on U.S. diplomatic facilities[135] and stated that "[s]ince our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."[135] After referring to "the 9/11 attacks," "troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan", and "then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi"[135] the President urged, "As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it."[135] He then went on to say, "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."[135]


    Um, so you don't know about the protests in the ME over the video, which is what the CIA identified as the cause?
    Sad.

    LOL....your timing is so messed up, but that is what happens when you watch Fox.

    I guess accusing someone of "cover ups" and "lying" when neither has happened makes one look like an adult?
    Blah, blah, blah. BS, BS, and more BS.

    Nice justice, too, President Tiger Woods. Still working on that?

    Testimonies are before you from people that were actually on the ground. Not Republicans, but actual state-department people that are telling you right to your face what really happened. Yet you just ignore it.

    Integrity. It's such a rare quality today.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Try again.....he said it was an Act or terror. Not Terrorism. That's what Fact Check has down and so do all the rest. They Mean Obama did not label it a act of terrorism.

    Right Exactly on the 14th Both Obama and Clinton did not refer to it act of terror or terrorism. Which Obama Had Labeled it an Act of Terror On the Sept 12th. Got that part now.....Obama labeled it an Act of Terror on.....Sept 12. Are you still confused?
    I understand your contention, that is not the error I am pointing out, you are avoiding the error, along with avoiding the fact that the admin went with un-vetted info which you want them to do.

    I realize that admitting any error on your part is impossible for you, and that it has not dawned on you what the difference between "terror" and "terrorism" is. With the later, you have an firm understanding of who did the "terror". You want the President to state who did it before it was known, but hypocritically criticize him for using intel that was not complete.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-09-13 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I understand your contention, that is not the error I am pointing out, you are avoiding the error, along with avoiding the fact that the admin went with un-vetted info which you want them to do.

    I realize that admitting any error on your part is impossible for you, and that it has not dawned on you that the difference between "terror" and "terrorism" is. With the later, you have an firm understanding of who did the "terror". You want the President to state who did it before it was known, but hypocritically criticize him for using intel that was not complete.
    No actually I think if the President just would have admitted the truth from the get go. He would have United the country together. Then this BS wouldn't be dragging out and those responsible would either be captured or dead. Our Heroes would have been honored and then there wouldn't have been any political games on his part. He chose not to.

    Not quite. Hillary knew 2 hours after the attack it was Planned and Ansar Al Shariah was involved. Which she stated she spoke to the President One time and one time only.

    So you are saying She either did or didn't tell him. Which if she didn't tell him.....guess where that leaves Hillary. Also I would take a look around and note whats Up with Panetta and Gen Dempesy saying they never talked to Hillary at all. Nor did they get any request from the State Dept. Plus Hicks testifying the only time she talked to anyone in Libya was at 2 am.

    So Now you Are trying to say either Hillary Was derelict in her Duty. Which would be to inform the President that there was an attack on our Embassy and it was planned by Terrorists. Or that she never told him. While at the same time saying Obama didn't know anything or couldn't have.

    As you can see it can't go both ways. I would recommend reading whats up rather than trying to play with semantics of already known facts.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No actually I think if the President just would have admitted the truth from the get go. He would have United the country together. Then this BS wouldn't be dragging out and those responsible would either be captured or dead. Our Heroes would have been honored and then there wouldn't have been any political games on his part. He chose not to.
    Um, the CIA, or anyone else beyond those who did the act knew EXACTLY who was involved, we still do not have high certainty who all attacked the compounds.

    Not quite. Hillary knew 2 hours after the attack it was Planned and Ansar Al Shariah was involved. Which she stated she spoke to the President One time and one time only.
    No, she did not and neither did anyone beyond those who carried out the attack.

    So you are saying She either did or didn't tell him.
    No, that is YOUR claim, strawman.
    Which if she didn't tell him.....guess where that leaves Hillary. Also I would take a look around and note whats Up with Panetta and Gen Dempesy saying they never talked to Hillary at all. Nor did they get any request from the State Dept. Plus Hicks testifying the only time she talked to anyone in Libya was at 2 am.
    Another perfect example of garbled writing, garbled thinking.

    So Now you Are trying to say either Hillary Was derelict in her Duty.
    More straw, this is your claim.

    Which would be to inform the President that there was an attack on our Embassy and it was planned by Terrorists. Or that she never told him. While at the same time saying Obama didn't know anything or couldn't have.
    More garbled thought and writing.

    As you can see it can't go both ways. I would recommend reading whats up rather than trying to play with semantics of already known facts.
    If you had any hope of understanding words and their usage, this would be ironic....but since you don't, it is just sad.

    Your whole argument is an objection to semantics, the semantics of "terror" and "terrorism" and you can bring yourself to face this. You cannot face up to the fact that you want the President to "bring out information", which the administration did, which was not fully formed, and then you criticize him for doing so.

    It is all confused, pointless and thoughtless argument from you, and nothing will bring you understand this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •