Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so there was no saturation coverage of the attacks between 2002 and 2008, and there were no congressional investigations to reveal our government's response to these 12 attacks? i find that curious. don't we deserve to know what happened? how can i know for sure that the government didn't cover up some mistake? that's a lot of embassy attacks.
    Any reason the Coverage hasn't been there for the other Embassies that have been hit on Obama's Watch? Your real good at blaming Fox. Do you have an Answer as to why the MSM hasn't brought up those other Embassy attacks that have happened while Obama runs around and parties?

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Pathetic is that this is what the GOP considers a "cover-up". Obama and Clinton on the day following the attack call it terror from militants....but somehow something is being "covered-up".

    The GOP has tried to to make Obama the fall guy for an economy that collapsed during Bush, now they fear Clinton so much that they think this will stick to her.

    Pathetic, indeed.


    Really.....did you forget that part about them stating it wasn't a Planned attack and that AQ was not involved. Yeah.....what you have is Obama stated it was an act of terror. Not Terrorism. Do you think Militants equates to Terrorists?

    You didn't actually fall for the play on terminology there did you? As that would be truly pathetic.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Really.....did you forget that part about them stating it wasn't a Planned attack and that AQ was not involved.
    Show where either Obama or Clinton said this.



    Yeah.....what you have is Obama stated it was an act of terror.
    On September 12 U.S. President Barack Obama condemned "this outrageous attack" on U.S. diplomatic facilities[135] and stated that "[s]ince our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."[135] After referring to "the 9/11 attacks," "troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan", and "then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi"[135] the President urged, "As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it."[135] He then went on to say, "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."[135]



    Not Terrorism. Do you think Militants equates to Terrorists?
    Sure, when the militants are committing acts of terror.

    You didn't actually fall for the play on terminology there did you? As that would be truly pathetic.
    Wait, you guys have been getting your panties in a twist because of the descriptions of the event...and "we" are falling for a play on terms? This has been the only play in effect by Fox, and somehow "we" are falling for something?

    Wow...just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Show where either Obama or Clinton said this.


    On September 12 U.S. President Barack Obama condemned "this outrageous attack" on U.S. diplomatic facilities[135] and stated that "[s]ince our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."[135] After referring to "the 9/11 attacks," "troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan", and "then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi"[135] the President urged, "As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it."[135] He then went on to say, "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."[135]



    Sure, when the militants are committing acts of terror.

    Wait, you guys have been getting your panties in a twist because of the descriptions of the event...and "we" are falling for a play on terms? This has been the only play in effect by Fox, and somehow "we" are falling for something?

    Wow...just wow.

    WOW.....Oh WOW.....Fact Check.Org


    There were no protesters at the Benghazi consulate prior to the attack, even though Obama and others repeatedly said the attackers joined an angry mob that had formed in opposition to the anti-Muslim film that had triggered protests in Egypt and elsewhere. The State Department disclosed this fact Oct. 9 — nearly a month after the attack.
    Libya President Mohamed Magariaf insisted on Sept. 16 — five days after the attack — that it was a planned terrorist attack, but administration officials continued for days later to say there was no evidence of a planned attack.
    Magariaf also said the idea that the attack was a “spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous.” This, too, was on Sept. 16. Yet, Obama and others continued to describe the incident in exactly those terms — including during the president’s Sept. 18 appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman.”
    Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20. Even so, Obama declined opportunities to call it a terrorist attack when asked at a town hall meeting on Sept. 20 and during a taping of “The View” on Sept. 24.

    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror,’ Not ‘Terrorism’

    Sept. 14: White House Says No Evidence of Planned Attack

    Sept. 15-16: Susan Rice Contradicts Libyan President

    Sept. 14: Clinton spoke at Andrews Air Force Base at a ceremony to receive the remains of those killed in Benghazi. She remarked that she received a letter from the president of the Palestinian Authority praising Stevens and “deploring — and I quote — ‘an act of ugly terror.’ ” She, however, did not call it an act of terror or a terrorist attack and neither did the president.

    Sept. 14: At a State Department press briefing, spokeswoman Nuland says the department will no longer answer any questions about the Benghazi attack. “It is now something that you need to talk to the FBI about, not to us about, because it’s their investigation.”

    Sept. 14: At a White House press briefing, Press Secretary Carney denies reports that it was a preplanned attack. “I have seen that report, and the story is absolutely wrong. We were not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent. That report is false.” Later in that same briefing, Carney is told that Pentagon officials informed members of Congress at a closed-door meeting that the Benghazi attack was a planned terrorist attack. Carney said the matter is being investigated but White House officials “don’t have and did not have concrete evidence to suggest that this was not in reaction to the film.”

    Sept. 14: Defense Secretary Leon Panetta meets with the Senate Armed Services Committee. Roll Call, a Capitol Hill newspaper, reports that Republicans and Democrats came away with the conclusion that the Benghazi attack was a planned terrorist attack.

    Sept. 24-25: Obama Refuses to Call It a Terrorist Attack

    Oct. 9: ’Everything Calm’ Prior to Benghazi Attack, No Protests

    Oct. 10: Administration Says It Gave Public ‘Best Information’

    Oct. 15: Clinton Blames ‘Fog of War’

    Oct. 24: White House, State Department Emails on Ansar al-Sharia

    Reuters reports the White House, Pentagon and other government agencies learned just two hours into the Benghazi attack that Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamic militant group, had “claimed credit” for it. The wire service report was based on three emails from the State Department’s Operations Center. One of the emails said, “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripol.” The article also noted, “Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.” (It should be noted that Reuters first reported on Sept. 12 that unnamed U.S. officials believed that Ansar al-Sharia may have been involved.)......snip~

    http://factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/


    Wow.....Oh wow.....funny how the facts of Reuters reporting sure put that Fox perspective of the left..................................Right Where it belongs. In the ****ter!!!!!

    NEXT!!!!!
    Last edited by MMC; 05-09-13 at 03:08 AM.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror'

    Sept. 14:She remarked that she received a letter from the president of the Palestinian Authority praising Stevens and “deploring — and I quote — ‘an act of ugly terror'. She, however, did not call it an act of terror or a terrorist attack and neither did the president

    ????????????

    You guys are so hung up on semantic games that you trip all over yourself.

    What a bore.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-09-13 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror'

    Sept. 14:She, however, did not call it an act of terror or a terrorist attack and neither did the president

    ????????????

    You guys are so hung up on semantic games that you trip all over yourself.

    What a bore.
    Exactly that's how the Fact checker is pointing out. So despite your play on the semantics. Team Obama lied. That is just the plain simple truth. I know.....but to difficult for you to swallow.

    I doubt you can dispute Fact check.....Politi-fact.....or the UK Daily Mail's Timelines. But just like your BS with Fox News and just like the Liberal you are. That's your game that the left likes to play. Just like with Spelling and all that other deflective BS.

    Now as to boring someone.....next time. Come back when you actually understand what took place and actually have some facts. Not all that make believe world, stuff you are talking about.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"]Exactly that's how the Fact checker is pointing out.
    Um no, I just pointed out how factcheck stated two conflicting items, on the 12th the President did call it an act of terror, the next line down states he did not. That line is incorrect, he was quoted as calling it an act of terror.

    But like your garbled mess you consider English, what you quote is in error too.



    So despite your play on the semantics. Team Obama lied. That is just the plain simple truth. I know.....but to difficult for you to swallow.
    Now, hold on there....what is the "lie"? Specifically state it, accuracy would be good.

    I doubt you can dispute Fact check.....Politi-fact.....or the UK Daily Mail's Timelines.
    I just did.

    But just like your BS with Fox News and just like the Liberal you are.
    This doesn't make sense, but go on...


    That's your game that the left likes to play. Just like with Spelling and all that other deflective BS.
    Words are important....but why are you capitalizing "spelling"?

    Now as to boring someone.....next time.
    Again, more fragments....but go on..


    Come back when you actually understand what took place and actually have some facts.
    I just showed contradictions in your fact, but continue...

    Not all that make believe world, stuff you are talking about.
    Almost a sentence!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um no, I just pointed out how factcheck stated two conflicting items, on the 12th the President did call it an act of terror, the next line down states he did not. That line is incorrect, he was quoted as calling it an act of terror.

    But like your garbled mess you consider English, what you quote is in error too.



    Now, hold on there....what is the "lie"? Specifically state it, accuracy would be good.

    I just did.

    This doesn't make sense, but go on...


    Words are important....but why are you capitalizing "spelling"?

    Again, more fragments....but go on..


    I just showed contradictions in your fact, but continue...

    Almost a sentence!
    It was stated in the first line up about the Demonstration and the Make believe protest then the lie that the Attack wasn't pre-planned. Did you miss it while you were looking for some way out?

    Yes you are pointing out what they are saying. What you fail to understand.....is they are pointing out that Obama did not call it an act of terrorism. Meaning that it was pre-planned. So it goes down as not Admitting it was a terrorist act. When it Actually was.

    Despite the Libyan President who said all along before the lowly US UN Ambassador Susan Rice humiliated him and basically inferred he didn't know what he was talking about. Or that he was a liar. I am sure overseas you can see which way they took that.

    Oh and all that is broken down.....for your Basic easy understanding. As more complex forms of sentence structure would lead you to write an encyclopedia. Over the fact that you were wrong.

  9. #259
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    All right, so I only read about the first three pages of posts on this thread before I got totally disgusted. Unless there was some spontaneous generation of IQ points in the last few pages, I have to say, what a bunch of total shills you people are trying to cover the government’s ample posterior on this.

    We don't know much about what happened that night, both in Benghazi and Washington. Do we even know what the president did during the time of this attack?

    And it sure is "shoot the messenger" time when the story comes from someone they don't like. But not CNN, they don't run with anything that's not verified, LOL!

    They are pulling out every stop to do anything but address this story. Truthers! Huh? We don't even have a full account of what happened yet, but they are truthers? You have to wait until at least one version of the story comes out before you pull that one out! Unless you are hanging your small hats on the Youtube video story that they pushed.

    Where was this type of reporting during Watergate, a story that was barely covered in the beginning, until those truthers at the WP wouldn't let it die? I mean, it was just a break in by nobody important at the time. Nobody died.
    The President and Sec State either sat there with their thumbs up their asses, or shut down attempts to help those being attack for 1) political correctness so as not to piss off Muslims or 2) to cover up something entirely unrelated, allowing Americans to die for it. Either way it's dereliction of duty in my book.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #260
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    BS, every document coming from the SOS office has her name on it, she did not "sign" off on anything related to this. Stop watching Fox, Fox kills brain cells.
    So, the Secretary of State is not responsible for what happens in the Dept of State? Even the stuff she signed. You're amazingly blinded by bias.

    LOL! 49 minutes flight time....from airport to airport. Hint: The compound Stevens was at...was not at the airport.....and the troops were not located at the Tripoli airport.
    The intent was for the troops to secure the airport and facilitate evacuation.

    It took Doherty hours to get to the CIA compound from Tripoli:
    The team, which included 2 active duty JSOC operators and five CIA personnel, had commandeered a small jet in Tripoli by paying the pilots $30,000 and forcing them to fly the team to Benghazi.[18]:43 After being held up at the airport for a few hours, the Libyan forces and newly arrived Americans went to the CIA annex at about 5:00am to assist in transporting approximately 32 Americans at the annex back to the airport for evacuation.
    They left at midnight and got there at 0115. That's not hours.

    You are wrong, the very next day both Obama and Clinton stated:


    On September 12 U.S. President Barack Obama condemned "this outrageous attack" on U.S. diplomatic facilities[142] and stated that "[s]ince our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others."[142] After referring to "the 9/11 attacks," "troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan", and "then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi"[142] the President urged, "As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it."[142] He then went on to say, "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."[142]

    After the attack, Obama ordered that security be increased at all such facilities worldwide.[9] A 50-member Marine FAST team was sent to Libya to "bolster security."[143] It was announced that the FBI would investigate the possibility of the attack being planned.[144] U.S. officials said surveillance over Libya would increase, including the use of unmanned drones, to "hunt for the attackers."[144]
    Here's the full transcript:

    "10:43 A.M. EDT

    THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

    Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

    The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

    Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

    Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

    It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya. When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there. He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

    Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

    Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

    As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

    No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

    But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

    We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

    Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

    END"

    He clearly associated this attack with religion, a vague association with the video. He later mentions terror attacks in a general way but does not directly associate it with the Benghazi attack.

    Secretary of State Clinton also made a statement on September 12, describing the perpetrators as "heavily armed militants" and "a small and savage group – not the people or government of Libya.
    Really? Where does she describe who attacked the mission?

    Statement on the Death of American Personnel in Benghazi, Libya

    Um, your link does not support your claim that Stevens requested increased sequrity at Benghazi.

    Did you read it?
    My link does show that Benghazi staff requested increased security.

    Uh, Clinton works at the SoS offices....duh.
    Yes, and?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •