Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 361

Thread: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

  1. #221
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the Benghazi truther stuff is more conspiracy theory than breaking news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the Benghazi conspiracy nonsense was invented by fox as a tool to help Romney. though it didn't work with the general public because fox has no credibility, it sold pretty well to Fox's viewers, so apparently they're still running with it. both sides expose tragedy for political gain, and it's slimy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    nope, asking questions doesn't make one a conspiracy theorist. the fox confirmation bias network has done a lot more than that, though, and now it's moved into conspiracy territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    we should probably put it in context.

    Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    there have been a lot of embassy attacks. i don't recall another one fueling a conspiracy theory, but i could be wrong. i'd like to know why the others haven't been given similar scrutiny.


    edit to add : fox and msnbc have zero journalistic credibility. they surrendered their integrity as part of their business models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    because fox has chosen to be a confirmation bias-delivering entertainment network, not a legitimate news source. they cherry pick stories and data to support a preexisting conclusion rather than to choose news coverage in any unbiased way. some at fox have decided that this tragedy could be used as a weapon against Obama, and it's as disgusting as the other side using dead kids to push legislation.

    i don't watch fox, so you'll have to let me know if they covered earlier embassy attacks with similar vigilance. don't waste too much of your evening researching it, though, because i already can guess the answer with 95+ percent certainty.
    Really. How about NPR?

    Witnesses Relate Frustration Over Response To Benghazi Attack : The Two-Way : NPR
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    It's Steven's fault??? Could be the lamest excuse ever.
    Did I say it was "his fault"? No. Every Ambassador knows the dangers, especially one who had served multiple years in Libya.
    Yeah, they're all off the hook because Stevens should have known he would be left for dead.
    This is your argument, that the administration left him for dead? He was abandoned, no rescue teams were sent? You have absolutely no idea what happened.


    And don't worry, nobody is confusing this dolt with Batman. We were just hoping he was up to being president. Which he obviously isn't.
    Again, what was he supposed to do, exactly? Should he have been on those runs in the Libyan countryside with Stevens? Should he had been there with oxygen in the compound when Stevens was trapped and the place was on fire?

    Oh, and you forgot your "proof", as you didn't post any.
    Proof of what, Batman fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #223
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I trust that Victoria Toensing is honestly and completely accurate in her relaying the claims made by her clients.

    She has a sterling track record over the last 2 decades for seeking and revealing truth.
    Victoria Toensing is a partisan hack and has been for many years
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #224
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Victoria Toensing is a partisan hack and has been for many years
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #225
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    as i said, if it turns out to be a watergate style coverup that brings down the administration, i'll admit that i was wrong.

    now,

    where was Fox's saturation coverage of other embassy attacks, and where were the congressional investigations concerning those attacks? there were 12 attacks between 2001 and 2008, and 50 people were killed. if this isn't a politically motivated investigation, then perhaps you can show me similar coverage and scrutiny of the other embassy attacks.

  6. #226
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    as i said, if it turns out to be a watergate style coverup that brings down the administration, i'll admit that i was wrong.

    now,

    where was Fox's saturation coverage of other embassy attacks, and where were the congressional investigations concerning those attacks? there were 12 attacks between 2001 and 2008, and 50 people were killed. if this isn't a politically motivated investigation, then perhaps you can show me similar coverage and scrutiny of the other embassy attacks.
    Who cares? This is not about Fox.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #227
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Guess what, this is your proof that the President is not Batman or Superman, or any other superhero fantasy.
    Dude. He took a nap and then went to Vegas. You don't have to be Superman to get more involved than that.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Who cares? This is not about Fox.
    so there was no saturation coverage of the attacks between 2002 and 2008, and there were no congressional investigations to reveal our government's response to these 12 attacks? i find that curious. don't we deserve to know what happened? how can i know for sure that the government didn't cover up some mistake? that's a lot of embassy attacks.

  9. #229
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so there was no saturation coverage of the attacks between 2002 and 2008, and there were no congressional investigations to reveal our government's response to these 12 attacks? i find that curious. don't we deserve to know what happened? how can i know for sure that the government didn't cover up some mistake? that's a lot of embassy attacks.
    Then call your Senator and get them investigated. Regardless, they don't change the facts surrounding Benghazi or the cover-up assisted by the media. Whether or not Fox had a motive in covering it or not, it happened.

    Now, why not just face the music and stop trying to divert or shift blame?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: Threats Against Benghazi Whistleblowers Alleged [W:345/361]

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    as i said, if it turns out to be a watergate style coverup that brings down the administration, i'll admit that i was wrong.

    now,

    where was Fox's saturation coverage of other embassy attacks, and where were the congressional investigations concerning those attacks? there were 12 attacks between 2001 and 2008, and 50 people were killed. if this isn't a politically motivated investigation, then perhaps you can show me similar coverage and scrutiny of the other embassy attacks.
    There is a huge difference. In the other attacks, everyone came out and admitted right off the bat they were terrorist attacks. This one was blamed on protesters and a video when supposedly, alleged everyone knew it was a terrorist attack and may have lied to the American People. If everyone knew it was a terrorist attack, for the life of me I see not benefit what so ever in trying to cover that up or lie about. It makes no sense to me. I bought the protest and video, now I think the Obama administration lied about that. I keep asking myself why, as I see no benefit in not saying it was a terrorist attack when it was. But I can live with being lied to about this, politicians lie all the time. His stock will drop with me, but that is about all.

    On the rescue, whether or not President Obama put a stop to it really doesn’t bother me. There are only so many options and he may have decided all options were losers. But what would really bother me is the President or someone coerced/threaten some witnesses not to testify and not to tell the truth. In my book this would be unpardonable.

    I still do not see what would be gained by saying terrorist didn’t do it. That has me flummox.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •