Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92

Thread: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    LOL This makes Christie's chances of being elected president in 2016 greater, unfortunately for him it decreases his chances of being nominated by the Republican Party.




    Christie: Obama 'Has Kept Every Promise He's Made' On Sandy Relief | TPM LiveWire


    New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Monday that despite the criticism he's taken from some on the right for his embrace of President Barack Obama following Superstorm Sandy, the popular Republican wouldn't have done anything differently.


    Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on the six-month anniversary of Sandy, Christie was asked by host Joe Scarborough if he regrets his bipartisan response to the storm, which battered the Northeast a week before last year's election.


    "No. No," the normally outspoken Christie said.


    Christie then elaborated, saying he wasn't concerned about the presidential election in the immediate aftermath of Sandy.


    "I say the same thing to all my critics, no matter where they are on the spectrum, that is I've got a job to do. And the fact is there was nothing else that ever crossed my mind in the days after," Christie said. "You wake up on Tuesday, October 30th, 7 million of your 8.8 million citizens out of power, there's not a school opened, not a water treatment or waste water treatment plant is operational. Fifty-one gas stations in the whole state are open. You're not sitting there worrying about presidential politics, Joe."


    Christie said that while he was a supporter of 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney — and disagrees with Obama virtually across the board — he has to tip his hat to the President's response to Sandy.

    (snip)


  2. #2
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Christie has openly condemned 100% of all Republican members of Congress, after giving Romney's keynote nominating speech ended up boycotting Romney's campaign events, and gave an unqualified endorsement of Obama as president instead.

    Christie has no chance of obtaining the Republican nomination, which is reasonable given his open declaration of hatred of all Republican officials and his ongoing campaigning for Obama. For half a year, Christie has been a militant supporter of Democrats and bitter attacker of Republicans. There certainly are reasons for Democrats to love him, but in general only enemies love a backstabber.

  3. #3
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Christie has openly condemned 100% of all Republican members of Congress, after giving Romney's keynote nominating speech ended up boycotting Romney's campaign events, and gave an unqualified endorsement of Obama as president instead.

    Christie has no chance of obtaining the Republican nomination, which is reasonable given his open declaration of hatred of all Republican officials and his ongoing campaigning for Obama. For half a year, Christie has been a militant supporter of Democrats and bitter attacker of Republicans. There certainly are reasons for Democrats to love him, but in general only enemies love a backstabber.
    '

    I'm kind of wondering when he'll defect to the Democratic Party. Just as a career move, if he wants to go anywhere, or at this point just stay Governor he might have to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    LOL This makes Christie's chances of being elected president in 2016 greater, unfortunately for him it decreases his chances of being nominated by the Republican Party.




    Christie: Obama 'Has Kept Every Promise He's Made' On Sandy Relief | TPM LiveWire


    New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Monday that despite the criticism he's taken from some on the right for his embrace of President Barack Obama following Superstorm Sandy, the popular Republican wouldn't have done anything differently.


    Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on the six-month anniversary of Sandy, Christie was asked by host Joe Scarborough if he regrets his bipartisan response to the storm, which battered the Northeast a week before last year's election.


    "No. No," the normally outspoken Christie said.


    Christie then elaborated, saying he wasn't concerned about the presidential election in the immediate aftermath of Sandy.


    "I say the same thing to all my critics, no matter where they are on the spectrum, that is I've got a job to do. And the fact is there was nothing else that ever crossed my mind in the days after," Christie said. "You wake up on Tuesday, October 30th, 7 million of your 8.8 million citizens out of power, there's not a school opened, not a water treatment or waste water treatment plant is operational. Fifty-one gas stations in the whole state are open. You're not sitting there worrying about presidential politics, Joe."


    Christie said that while he was a supporter of 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney — and disagrees with Obama virtually across the board — he has to tip his hat to the President's response to Sandy.

    (snip)
    I think he'd have an excellent chance of being elected. Unfortunately, he has almost no chance of being nominated. Republican primary voters like their nominees to be crazy and to loathe the President. Christie fails on both counts.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    '

    I'm kind of wondering when he'll defect to the Democratic Party. Just as a career move, if he wants to go anywhere, or at this point just stay Governor he might have to.
    Perhaps hoping to be the darling of a third party. Bloomberg imploded over his his Mr. Nanny mayor of NYC.

  6. #6
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    As much as I like Christies with his bluntness and no BS attitude, he has to learn when to keep his mouth closed, or he will become a fail in politics for either side.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  7. #7
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Perhaps hoping to be the darling of a third party. Bloomberg imploded over his his Mr. Nanny mayor of NYC.
    Christie doesn't have the money to run on his own. Bloomberg doesn't need a party, if he wants to, he'll run.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #8
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    As much as I like Christies with his bluntness and no BS attitude, he has to learn when to keep his mouth closed, or he will become a fail in politics for either side.
    It's called Political Correctness, righty-style.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's called Political Correctness, righty-style.
    I don't think you understand what the term political correctness means.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I don't think you understand what the term political correctness means.
    It's basically the same thing. There are certain things you can't say without arousing ire. On the right side of the spectrum, saying something nice about Obama is one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •