Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 92

Thread: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Then why does my state have 11bn in its paying capacity just for hurricanes?
    that is YOUR state and how much of that was done just by YOUR STATE alone and didnt come from else where do to the idea that FLORIDA is a state COMMONLY hit with large hurricanes.

    an example on a much smaller level what happens when it snows a lot in southern state that barely sees snow? typical they shut down the state and declare emergencies. Why because they dont budget for it with snow and salt trucks and people to work them etc etc but guess what, they do in PA because its common, SHould i complain that every state should be prepared for 1 foot of snow? no because its illogical and unrealistic for every state to be 100% prepared for every disaster that might happen. WHere would all the money come from for EVERY state and what would have to get cut because of it LOL

    like i said you are free to have your unrealistic opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #72
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    like i said you are free to have your unrealistic opinion.


    One of the great things about being a citizen of the USA is that all of us (The wacky and the sane.) are free, not only to have unrealistic opinions, but to express them.

    However, none of the rest of us are obligated to waste any of our time listening to those wacky (Or sane.) opinions when we have better things to do.



    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    that is YOUR state and how much of that was done just by YOUR STATE alone and didnt come from else where do to the idea that FLORIDA is a state COMMONLY hit with large hurricanes.

    an example on a much smaller level what happens when it snows a lot in southern state that barely sees snow? typical they shut down the state and declare emergencies. Why because they dont budget for it with snow and salt trucks and people to work them etc etc but guess what, they do in PA because its common, SHould i complain that every state should be prepared for 1 foot of snow? no because its illogical and unrealistic for every state to be 100% prepared for every disaster that might happen. WHere would all the money come from for EVERY state and what would have to get cut because of it LOL

    like i said you are free to have your unrealistic opinion.
    I think you should complain about whatever you want. So long as you don't go begging to me when you aren't prepared. Just like Chrisite shouldn't go begging to others when his state isn't prepared.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Which has nothing to do with your comments that its unrealistic to put billions away for disaster aid....
    It's entirely relevant. Since:
    1) NJ's damage is about double that of Florida's Catastrophic Fund.
    2) NJ never gets hit by storms like this.
    3) NJ's constitution basically ties the legislature's hands.
    4) Slapping NJ with a big fat multiyear tax, after getting slammed by a massive hurricane, is kicking a man when he's down.


    Florida has.
    Florida HASN'T. They're short $12.5 billion, or about 43%. Their solution is to either go to the feds, or reduce the fund.

    And again, they tried to get $29 million from the feds. Not exactly an indication that they're independent.

  5. #75
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I think you should complain about whatever you want. So long as you don't go begging to me when you aren't prepared. Just like Chrisite shouldn't go begging to others when his state isn't prepared.
    lol begging?
    so you are just abandoning your first argument ok
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    It's entirely relevant. Since:
    1) NJ's damage is about double that of Florida's Catastrophic Fund.
    2) NJ never gets hit by storms like this.
    3) NJ's constitution basically ties the legislature's hands.
    4) Slapping NJ with a big fat multiyear tax, after getting slammed by a massive hurricane, is kicking a man when he's down.



    Florida HASN'T. They're short $12.5 billion, or about 43%. Their solution is to either go to the feds, or reduce the fund.

    And again, they tried to get $29 million from the feds. Not exactly an indication that they're independent.
    Your statement was that its unrealistic for states to have billions put aside for disaster aid. Florida, heck, NJ puts billions away for diaster aid. Ipso facto, its real.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol begging?
    so you are just abandoning your first argument ok
    I was just answering your question

    "SHould i complain that every state should be prepared for 1 foot of snow? "

    Yes.

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I was just answering your question

    "SHould i complain that every state should be prepared for 1 foot of snow? "

    Yes.
    it was sarcasm and the answer is no i shouldn't because its illogical and unrealistic


    weird you didnt answer any other questions? I wonder why?

    WHere would all the money come from for EVERY state to be prepared for disasters this size of every nature and what would have to get cut because of it LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    it was sarcasm and the answer is no i shouldn't because its illogical and unrealistic


    weird you didnt answer any other questions? I wonder why?

    WHere would all the money come from for EVERY state to be prepared for disasters this size of every nature and what would have to get cut because of it LOL
    You only asked one question. But to answer this one, the same place they already are. Taxes. NJ produces 450bn in wealth a year. If they want to be able to react to a disaster then they people should have no problem building up a fund. Its not the responsibility of Florida to pay for disasters that hit NJ. And vice versa.

    The federal govt doesnt even have this power to take money from one states and funnel it to another for natural disaster aid.

  10. #80
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Christie: Obama ‘Has Kept Every Promise He’s Made’ On Sandy Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    1.)You only asked one question.

    2.) But to answer this one, the same place they already are. Taxes. NJ produces 450bn in wealth a year. If they want to be able to react to a disaster then they people should have no problem building up a fund. Its not the responsibility of Florida to pay for disasters that hit NJ. And vice versa.

    3.)The federal govt doesnt even have this power to take money from one states and funnel it to another for natural disaster aid.
    1.) no i did not, i asked more you simply you simply skipped over them.
    2.) this doesnt answer the question at all LMAO
    so your suggestion is along with everything we already pay for you want a flood, major storm(hurricane/tornado), earthquake, weather (rare snow or heavy rain), wildfire, meteor, terrorist, industrial disaster, biological outbreak tax and everything else that has happened somewhere tax?

    Like i said totally void of reality and unrealistic.
    where does all this money come from and what do we cut?

    3.) the feds job is to protect the people and thier rights, im fine with it
    whats the alternative, to say **** em? lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •