Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 189

Thread: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Luuuuucy, you has some esplainin to do. This Benghazi cover up is falling apart and the lies are bubbling to the surface.


    " An April 2012 State Department cable bearing Secretary Hillary Clinton’s signature acknowledged then-Ambassador Cretz’s formal request for additional security assets but ordered the withdrawal of security elements to proceed as planned.
    But on January 23, 2013 Secretary Clinton testified that security requests had not been brought to her attention."


    Read more: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary | Benghazi Attacks | Fox Nation
    Upon closer examination, it turns out that the "bombshell" was actually a dud.

    Issa’s absurd claim that Clinton’s ‘signature’ means she personally approved it - The Washington Post

    One needs to know the context in which things occur to have an understanding as to what happened. Unfortunately, the initial report quoted at the start of this thread lacked that context. Now that the context is available, the initial report is not a major development nor a significant revelation.

    In general, in the face of incomplete information, it makes sense to wait before reaching conclusions, unless there is urgency (as can be the case during a crisis). There was no urgency involved in reaching a conclusion as to what happened. Now that additional information has become available, namely the context in which cables carry the Secretary's signature, the report is essentially a non-story. This case provides just another example of the benefit of waiting for sufficient information to become available.

  2. #162
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Wrong, a signature is a signature and a photo copy is a photo copy. A hand written in pen signature is very obvious compared to a copy and her "signature" is on this document.
    Sorry that's just not true. If I were to show you a photocopied contract that I owed you a million dollars, you wouldn't argue that it's not my signature because it's a photocopy. A photocopy with a signature on it, still contains a signature, all be it a photocopied one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #163
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Upon closer examination, it turns out that the "bombshell" was actually a dud.

    Issa’s absurd claim that Clinton’s ‘signature’ means she personally approved it - The Washington Post

    One needs to know the context in which things occur to have an understanding as to what happened. Unfortunately, the initial report quoted at the start of this thread lacked that context. Now that the context is available, the initial report is not a major development nor a significant revelation.

    In general, in the face of incomplete information, it makes sense to wait before reaching conclusions, unless there is urgency (as can be the case during a crisis). There was no urgency involved in reaching a conclusion as to what happened. Now that additional information has become available, namely the context in which cables carry the Secretary's signature, the report is essentially a non-story. This case provides just another example of the benefit of waiting for sufficient information to become available.
    Can't say I'm very surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    I could be wrong, but i seem to remember that they were ex-seals, as in no longer in the Navy but working for a civilian contractor.
    No you are Right.....they were former Seals. But they deserve more than a few words. Plus lets not forget No investigation has talked to any of the Survivors Under Oath. Which is another thing that needs to come out. Which is what they have to say and report on it.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    That is what I thought too. In that case the private contractor was responsible for egress. They should have had a better escape plan than the govt employees. They probably just fought either because it was the right thing to do or they had no choice.
    Heya Mak. They could have took off.....they went to help and set up a firing zone. Getting people out while they laid down fire. Killing 60 until they were killed. Remember there was no gate and they were just being bumrushed.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Sorry that's just not true. If I were to show you a photocopied contract that I owed you a million dollars, you wouldn't argue that it's not my signature because it's a photocopy. A photocopy with a signature on it, still contains a signature, all be it a photocopied one.
    You ignored my question, why won't the white house release this document?

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You ignored my question, why won't the white house release this document?
    Heya SL. A Better question is why they wont let any of the Survivors Testify before Congress.

  8. #168
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya SL. A Better question is why they wont let any of the Survivors Testify before Congress.
    i missed that
    what body is prohibiting the survivors from being able to offer sworn testimony before the congress
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i missed that
    what body is prohibiting the survivors from being able to offer sworn testimony before the congress
    Heya JB. .....this is what Graham had to say about it.

    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says the Americans who survived the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya are afraid to talk about what happened on the night of Sept. 11, 2012 when four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, were killed.

    "I've had contact with some of the survivors. Their story is chilling," Graham told Fox News on Friday.

    "The bottom line is, they feel that they cannot come forward. They've been told to be quiet. And at the end of the day, we can't let this administration or any other administration get away with hiding from the American people and the Congress people who were there in real-time to tell the story.

    Some of the Benghazi survivors will not speak publicly because it would blow their cover. But that's no excuse, Graham added:

    "Congress has an oversight rule. If you have a CIA operative and you want to know what happened that night, then do it in a classified setting. Make a record so that we can learn from the mistakes and not repeat them. There are a lot of people there who could testify publicly.

    “I'm not asking the administration to turn over witnesses to the Congress, to compromise intelligence. I'm asking the administration to turn over to the Congress and the American people the witnesses, the people who lived through this, so we can learn from our mistakes.....snip~

    Sen. Graham: Benghazi Survivors 'Told to Be Quiet' | CNS News

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Benghazi Bombshell Drops On Obama, Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i missed that
    what body is prohibiting the survivors from being able to offer sworn testimony before the congress
    GOP may subpoena Benghazi survivors - The Hill's Global Affairs

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •