Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 103

Thread: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

  1. #41
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashurbanipal View Post
    So, what is the connection? Do you think that the fact he received welfare sent him over the edge? Or do you think a substantial number of welfare recipients are seeking gainful employment as terrorists? Or what?
    block-cheese jihadists?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Why he was unknown is a good question and I'm sure they are looking into that, as for why we are supporting immigrants that doesn't apply here since he was a US Citizen.
    bottom line we were supporting him, this is a big flaw in our welfare system. He had money to buy weed, drink, attend Dartmouth, yet the taxpayer was supporting him. Ridiculous

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    You make conservatives look like idiots with comments like that.
    can't defend it so you attack, typical liberal

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashurbanipal View Post
    So, what is the connection? Do you think that the fact he received welfare sent him over the edge? Or do you think a substantial number of welfare recipients are seeking gainful employment as terrorists? Or what?
    I think it demonstrates how corrupt that system is and requiring recipients to take drug test for benefits is not over reaching.

  5. #45
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    can't defend it so you attack, typical liberal


    I know you cant defend it. Ignorant people usually cant defend their idiotic comments

  6. #46
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    When entitlement is in your mentality, there's a very short distance between taking all you can from society and hating that society because it doesn't give you more.

    It's also very true that there are untold numbers of people who come to our shores and take advantage of our generosity and laugh at our foolishness for being so generous - they consider it a weakness wereas we consider it a strength.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    When entitlement is in your mentality, there's a very short distance between taking all you can from society and hating that society because it doesn't give you more.

    It's also very true that there are untold numbers of people who come to our shores and take advantage of our generosity and laugh at our foolishness for being so generous - they consider it a weakness wereas we consider it a strength.
    I think it is sad to think about how much we give to be people like that when we could be focused on the people that want to improve their lives

  8. #48
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I think it is sad to think about how much we give to be people like that when we could be focused on the people that want to improve their lives
    Unfortunately, we never can tell for sure until we offer them the opportunity. Some people can be offered the world on a plate and still complain about the cutlery.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #49
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,352

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Unfortunately, we never can tell for sure until we offer them the opportunity. Some people can be offered the world on a plate and still complain about the cutlery.
    Good morning, CJ.

    Great analogy! Makes you wonder what it would take to satisfy some people! :

    It bodes to be a lovely weather day here, so I'll be outdoors as much as possible. It's nice to feel the sun shining down!

  10. #50
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits!

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, CJ.

    Great analogy! Makes you wonder what it would take to satisfy some people! :

    It bodes to be a lovely weather day here, so I'll be outdoors as much as possible. It's nice to feel the sun shining down!
    Good morning Lady P - yes, it's nice and sunny here today, still a little cool, but I hear there are some warm breezes from the gulf making their way up through the American mid-west on their way to the Great Lakes and bringing nice, spring weather with them. Enjoy your weekend if I don't see you - should be really nice.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •