Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 177

Thread: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

  1. #111
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    If it is a right it is universal and equal. The distribution of water, as with medical care can be neither. The right to bear arms is both universal (for said country) and equal (so long as you have had no legal problems disqualifying you).
    So we should have the government handing out guns to every citizen?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  2. #112
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,342
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    So we should have the government handing out guns to every citizen?
    It says the "right to bear arms"... it doesn't say you have to exercise your right, just as you don't have to exercise your right to free speech.

    Why would the government need to hand out guns to every citizen? ROTFLOL...
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #113
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,342
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Why would you want to pay more then you are now? My monthly water bill is generally between $40.00 and $50.00 per month, I don't really want to pay more. And who's gonna set the ree market value?
    The Ree Market.

    Who says prices will go up, and go up more than what government will charge in the future?

    Most everything is cheaper and more efficient when the government gets its grubby, bureaucratic paws off it.
    Last edited by zimmer; 04-23-13 at 12:48 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It says the "right to bear arms"... it doesn't say you have to exercise your right, just as you don't have to exercise your right to free speech.
    Why is the right to bear arms universal but the right to obtain water not?


    Why would the government need to hand out guns to every citizen? ROTFLOL...
    It doesn't and it shouldn't.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  5. #115
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Really? Looks like Candy in that pose. Nevertheless, what's in common between a religious Islamist Arab and Ratzenberger then? Did Ratzenberger ever played an Arab sometimes?
    Doesn't really look like John Candy. I just happen to like Cheers as it's a chance to have a conversation over a beer. As for the name, it is a reference to the kicker and I name I've used on a number of boards over the years.

  6. #116
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Why would you want to pay more then you are now? My monthly water bill is generally between $40.00 and $50.00 per month, I don't really want to pay more. And who's gonna set the ree market value?
    How much of your water bill is a fixed amount and how much is variable? I don't get a water bill, so I'm curious.

  7. #117
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    How much of your water bill is a fixed amount and how much is variable? I don't get a water bill, so I'm curious.
    It's variable based onj how much waster you use.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  8. #118
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The Ree Market.

    Who says prices will go up, and go up more than what government will charge in the future?

    Most everything is cheaper and more efficient when the government gets its grubby, bureaucratic paws off it.
    More efficient, probably. Cheaper, probably not.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  9. #119
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    This guy is an absolute nut case. All he is thinking about is Nestle's profit margin. I guarantee that as soon as this happens, there will be a major die off of people around the world because they won't have access to clean water. I, for one, will try to never buy a Nestle product ever again!

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    This guy is an absolute nut case. All he is thinking about is Nestle's profit margin. I guarantee that as soon as this happens, there will be a major die off of people around the world because they won't have access to clean water.
    People will start a war before they'll just passively die of thirst. Governments are not the only entities capable of tyranny and people everywhere have a right and responsibility to fight it.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •