Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 177

Thread: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

  1. #101
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,842

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    BTW, your name is Ali Haji Sheik which sounds of an Arabian origin while your avatar is John Candy?
    I think that's John Ratzenberger who played Cliff on Cheers.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  2. #102
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,372
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    To paraphrase someone else from earlier, "Are guns a need or a right?"
    A right... the right to protect yourself, and seeing as guns are superior to rocks, and guns are superior to swords... the Founding fathers in their infinite wisdom (or perhaps having to deal with an overbearing aggressor brought this to the fore) decided the citizenry should have the right to protect themselves from threats... which include government.

    So... thanks to their brilliant insight... you have the right to arm yourself. Many in the DDR, Soviet Union would have loved to have had guns. I could never imagine why. Could you?
    :>)
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    If you watch the video, he doesn't address the whole water argument for more than 1minute.

    what he is talking about is the value of private enterprise and how it creates employment opportunity. And he is also addressing the worrying issues that people from the organic foods movement has and what they put forward.

    What is basically saying about water is that it is a foodstuff. Or better say, it is food and helps contribute to the creation of food and that private enterprise that deals with the use and distribution of water does it in a very efficient manner and helps solve many problems.
    You are already paying for water, tap water isn't free. Most of you are already buying bottled water. That's a private enterprise exclusively.

    I honestly don't see what message that video has except the issue of promoting Nestle as a world leading, job creating company and that the foods produced by nestle are not unhealthy.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Also, one more thing.

    The youtube video is from 2012. or rather, was uploaded then.

    This video, the same video, was actually made earlier.



    This was uploaded in 2008. So thats 5 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the video were older than that.

    So lets discuss the video and why did this story pop up now?
    First off, this news story from Former Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized - Not A Human Right - American Live Wire*|*American Live Wire
    Is a piece of crap. And the writer is 5 years, at least, behind. He's a moron.

    Why did this happen now? Who knows? Is there a bottled water scandal in the USA at the present time? If so, this could explain it.
    How about an environmental campaign?

    So yeah. This entire thread is based of a 5 years old youtube video whose point and issue are long passed.

    Also, here's a video on bigthink of him about water.

  5. #105
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Also, one more thing.

    The youtube video is from 2012. or rather, was uploaded then.

    This video, the same video, was actually made earlier.



    This was uploaded in 2008. So thats 5 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the video were older than that.

    So lets discuss the video and why did this story pop up now?
    First off, this news story from Former Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized - Not A Human Right - American Live Wire*|*American Live Wire
    Is a piece of crap. And the writer is 5 years, at least, behind. He's a moron.

    Why did this happen now? Who knows? Is there a bottled water scandal in the USA at the present time? If so, this could explain it.
    How about an environmental campaign?

    So yeah. This entire thread is based of a 5 years old youtube video whose point and issue are long passed.

    Also, here's a video on bigthink of him about water.
    Serves me right for not checking sources and going along with the conclusion. But for what it's worth we got to communicate more.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  6. #106
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I think that's John Ratzenberger who played Cliff on Cheers.
    Really? Looks like Candy in that pose. Nevertheless, what's in common between a religious Islamist Arab and Ratzenberger then? Did Ratzenberger ever played an Arab sometimes?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #107
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You didn't disprove what chuckberry said, you confirmed it. Chuck didn't say it belonged to Nestle, he said you have to pay for it or produce it yourself (i.e., dig for it in the case of water).
    Do you not get a monthly water bill? Is that not paying for it? The materials and labor to lay water pipes to every house and business was paid for by tax money, is that not paying for it?
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  8. #108
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    He's not claiming ownership of any of that water. He's suggesting a policy change in which water would have a free market value.
    Why would you want to pay more then you are now? My monthly water bill is generally between $40.00 and $50.00 per month, I don't really want to pay more. And who's gonna set the ree market value?
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,842

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    A right... the right to protect yourself, and seeing as guns are superior to rocks, and guns are superior to swords... the Founding fathers in their infinite wisdom (or perhaps having to deal with an overbearing aggressor brought this to the fore) decided the citizenry should have the right to protect themselves from threats... which include government.
    Guns are a right... so why isn't water a right? Don't we have a right to sustain our own lives?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  10. #110
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,372
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Nestle CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Guns are a right... so why isn't water a right? Don't we have a right to sustain our own lives?
    If it is a right it is universal and equal. The distribution of water, as with medical care can be neither. The right to bear arms is both universal (for said country) and equal (so long as you have had no legal problems disqualifying you).
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •