Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 130

Thread: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's [W:40]

  1. #21
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    What is this about the UK meat companies being "forced" to do halal meat, is there any truth to it?
    مثلي مثلك

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    What is this about the UK meat companies being "forced" to do halal meat, is there any truth to it?
    If they want to do business with the relatively high Muslim population they do. Demand can be a bitch!

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nice try... but a fail.

    You seem to suffer from reading comprehension problems.

    I was interested to see if the folks here picked up where the money was going.

    As far as Muslims... I don't hate Muslims, but I do find their silence on matter terroristic distasteful. The word "hate" is one I use in a very limited, almost non-existent manner... but I do hate the twisted terrorist oriented Muslims.
    They aren't silent, you just never actually listen to what they say. "Random people condemn terrorist act" doesn't make any news channel anywhere.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    What is this about the UK meat companies being "forced" to do halal meat, is there any truth to it?
    Free market at work.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I posted it because it was interesting. I was waiting to see the reply about the lawyers and where the money went and the response... but nobody seems to have picked it up or read that far.

    And as for the end of your post... why would I be scared of "Muslim"? Because a faction of Muslims have introduced a level of carnage and mayhem into western society that is the new norm? Because the Mulsim community is largely silent about the terrorists acting in the name of their religion?

    I'm curious... why would you post that? Are you afraid to explain why?
    I would just like to point out one particular thing here, and this isn't just you, it is a common complaint but one that no one ever seems to understand, basically not because you can't or or are incapable of understanding it but simply you may be unaware.

    The Muslim community at large doesn't take up loud, vocal protest or condemnation against this very, very, small, minority sect who have hijacked Islam and turned it into their own private excuse to commit acts of atrocity that the Prophet(saw) himself would surely put them to death for because it is forbidden in Islam for a Muslim to publiclly berate, insult, or speak ill of another muslim. It isn't that they don't find what these cowardly dogs are doing detestable it is that their religion and as an extension culture won't allow for it.

    Western religion has no restrictions in this regard and as a culture public condemnation is a norm (an all too freely exercised norm if you ask me personally) so the expectation of what should be done by the "good muslims" is based on a seperate criteria of duty and obligations.

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,529

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Doesn't there have to be proof of damages in a class action suit? I mean, it would be damn hard to prove that they're all going to hell, because they ate haraam food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,881

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I posted it because it was interesting. I was waiting to see the reply about the lawyers and where the money went and the response... but nobody seems to have picked it up or read that far.

    And as for the end of your post... why would I be scared of "Muslim"? Because a faction of Muslims have introduced a level of carnage and mayhem into western society that is the new norm? Because the Mulsim community is largely silent about the terrorists acting in the name of their religion?

    I'm curious... why would you post that? Are you afraid to explain why?
    Because you are a poster child for racism, and it shows right here?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Why do you say this?

    Halal is just like Kosher. The most merciful way of slaughtering an animal. If the animal experiences ANY pain, it is NOT Halal or Kosher.
    That's completely untrue.

    The form of preparing halal meat is done by exsanguinating the animal while alive. Not to mention that there is a whole ritual that comes along with the way the animal needs to be killed.

    I am not saying kosher is better. I just don't know all the details about kosher and how its made. The only reason I know what halal is and why it is considered to be a brutal, barbaric ritual is because of the scandal with the halal meat and its concealment from the general public in the UK a few years ago. I never heard of the jews pushing a kosher only meat agenda. I know there is kosher food, but again, its not like it was in the UK.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    If the food was advertised as halall then why shouldn't these people sue and why shouldn't they be compensated?
    No no, they should in the case of McDonalds. that's basically fraud, or false advertising. And all the muslims who ate at McDonalds have a right to stake their claim.

  10. #30
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Doesn't there have to be proof of damages in a class action suit? I mean, it would be damn hard to prove that they're all going to hell, because they ate haraam food.
    It is commercial fraud. Money paid for a product not received. They advertise all beef patties and if it turned out to be 50% soy you got a class action lawsuit.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •