Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 130

Thread: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's [W:40]

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nice try... but a fail.

    You seem to suffer from reading comprehension problems.

    I was interested to see if the folks here picked up where the money was going.

    As far as Muslims... I don't hate Muslims, but I do find their silence on matter terroristic distasteful. The word "hate" is one I use in a very limited, almost non-existent manner... but I do hate the twisted terrorist oriented Muslims.
    Of course it is about your fear of Muslims. We all know it. Money went to two charities, the guy who brought suit and the lawyers, which is not even remotely a big deal. I think we should start monitoring your money flow, see how much of it goes to support right wing terror nuts. It is every bit as much our business as where settlement money goes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #12
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    UK had the same problem. Due to islamist movement, the meat companies were forced to do halal meat and commercialize it... and they didn't put a label on the product saying that: This meat was prepared according to halal.

    Why?

    because its a brutal, stupid, barbaric ritual and the merchants knew that if they put the label HALAL MEAT on their meat, decent people wouldn't buy it because they wouldn't support the barbarism.
    But here, nobody forced McDonald's to do anything. Yet, they falsely advertised that the meat was in accordance with Islamic law. I wouldn't favor forcing anyone to sell halal meat, but I do think that if you're going to say it is, it should be.

    I have a suspicion that we wouldn't be seeing this thread if you changed "halal" to "kosher" and "Muslim" to "Jew."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #13
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,376
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Of course it is about your fear of Muslims. We all know it.

    You tried once to paint me as a racist
    . That I didn't particularly like black people. I had to correct you, and reveal I had dated a black girl for some time. More than dated... fell in love with the girl. Now...

    ...you are trying this vile crap once again.

    You Redress seem to have a mental problem with people who bring up news concerning minorities. It is you who has a problem, for I clearly explained my stance. You ignored it, and continue in you twisted way to paint me as some type of racist or bigot.

    I suggest you get some counseling because what you are trying to pull is the height of disgusting.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    It probably isn't worth the effort for a commercial restaurant to prepare halal food. That $700k is probably more than they grossed from the Muslim community.
    Why wouldn't kosher processes satisfy the muslims as well? Kosher is also pork-free.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why wouldn't kosher processes satisfy the muslims as well? Kosher is also pork-free.
    Halal is a lot like "Kosher" but there is one obvious difference, the prayer said as the blood is drained from the carcass. When hunting for meat in India in 1953 with a Muslim as my "baby sitter" (Shikar) I only wounded a Nilgai when I shot him in the neck (knocked him out) with a non-lethal shot. He was tickled to death because he was able to Halal the antelope thus could eat the meat. I shiped about 250 lbs of loin, rib section and top round meat home to Lucknow packaged with dry ice that evening. The other half of the meat was shared with the jungle wallas and my baby sitter after BBQing and drying with salt and smoke (like jerky).

    I agree with the judgement if the restaurant did intentionally deceive the people.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How is it "having that problem" when the two situations, as you describe it, are nothing at all alike. In the situation here, McDonalds decided to advertise something they apparently where not providing, got busted for it, or at least did not expect a jury to buy their story, so settled the lawsuit. That is not even remotely like the situation you describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    But here, nobody forced McDonald's to do anything. Yet, they falsely advertised that the meat was in accordance with Islamic law. I wouldn't favor forcing anyone to sell halal meat, but I do think that if you're going to say it is, it should be.

    I have a suspicion that we wouldn't be seeing this thread if you changed "halal" to "kosher" and "Muslim" to "Jew."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    But that's not what happened here. McDonald's falsely advertised their products as halal. They weren't forced to do anything, and they certainly weren't forced to lie about their products.
    ok, I must have misread.

    I was writing in a hurry and based on previous experience I did not analyze the story entirely. I thought it was a remix of what happened in the UK, when in fact, it isn't. My bad. But it doesn't change the facts I stated about halal meat.

    My mistake, carry on.

  7. #17
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    It probably isn't worth the effort for a commercial restaurant to prepare halal food. That $700k is probably more than they grossed from the Muslim community.
    Dearborn actually has a pretty significantly sized Islamic population

  8. #18
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    UK had the same problem. Due to islamist movement, the meat companies were forced to do halal meat and commercialize it... and they didn't put a label on the product saying that: This meat was prepared according to halal.

    Why?

    because its a brutal, stupid, barbaric ritual and the merchants knew that if they put the label HALAL MEAT on their meat, decent people wouldn't buy it because they wouldn't support the barbarism.
    If the food was advertised as halall then why shouldn't these people sue and why shouldn't they be compensated?

  9. #19
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why wouldn't kosher processes satisfy the muslims as well? Kosher is also pork-free.
    Does kosher preparation require the prayer before killing the animal?
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #20
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Why do you say this?

    Halal is just like Kosher. The most merciful way of slaughtering an animal. If the animal experiences ANY pain, it is NOT Halal or Kosher.

    Muslims are enjoined to slaughter their livestock by slitting the animal's throat in a swift and merciful manner, reciting Godís name with the words, "In the name of God, God is Most Great" (Qur'an 6:118-121). This is in acknowledgement that life is sacred, and that one must kill only with God's permission, to meet one's lawful need for food. The animal is then bled completely before consumption. Meat prepared in this manner is called zabihah, or simply, halal meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    UK had the same problem. Due to islamist movement, the meat companies were forced to do halal meat and commercialize it... and they didn't put a label on the product saying that: This meat was prepared according to halal.

    Why?

    because its a brutal, stupid, barbaric ritual and the merchants knew that if they put the label HALAL MEAT on their meat, decent people wouldn't buy it because they wouldn't support the barbarism.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •