Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 130

Thread: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's [W:40]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well it is suppose to act as a deterrent for companies. You can't hit them up for 20,000 and expect them to change their business practices.
    The law shouldn't differentiate between people and organizations based on wealth.

    It should set a standard and enforce that based on the severity of the crime.

    It seems to me you're less concerned with the actual circumstances and more concerned with how much the McDonald's Corporation makes.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, I clearly looked at the context of use and what was specifically written by the person you were replying to. But none of that changes that you asserted "muslim" was an ethnicity and that you even attempted to defend this position later on.
    If you want to make the argument that Muslims are not a group sharing holidays, food, language, and custom, be my guest.

    I'm sorry life is so devoid for you that the simple act of being wrong on the internet is giving you such trouble, but that isn't my problem
    I'm sorry that you cannot understand that racism includes discrimination against cultures/ethnic/religious groups
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #93
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    Post.
    Fair enough.

    I disagree but it's probably better that we agee to disagree than to keep going back and forth on this 'til we get to the point that we're bickering.

    It really isn't that big a deal.

  4. #94
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Andy View Post
    The law shouldn't differentiate between people and organizations based on wealth.

    It should set a standard and enforce that based on the severity of the crime.

    It seems to me you're less concerned with the actual circumstances and more concerned with how much the McDonald's Corporation makes.
    Well first of all this was a class action lawsuit so I'm not sure why this is excessive. There's a population of 150,000 Muslims in the area.

    Second of all yes wealth does matter. In this case not really but in other cases yes...punative damages are based on the wealth of the defendant.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #95
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you want to make the argument that Muslims are not a group sharing holidays, food, language, and custom, be my guest.
    I already outlined my argument and specifically referenced how some shared holidays doesn't amount to shared culture (I used coptic christians observance of x-mas and indian-muslim observance of dewali to underline it).

    I'm sorry that you cannot understand that racism includes discrimination against cultures/ethnic/religious groups
    what does this have to do with you going through obvious contortions due to being wrong?

  6. #96
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I already outlined my argument and specifically referenced how some shared holidays doesn't amount to shared culture (I used coptic christians observance of x-mas and indian-muslim observance of dewali to underline it).
    It is a false comparison, I wasn't saying that different religions are of the same group, you are making the the false equivalence.



    what does this have to do with you going through obvious contortions due to being wrong?
    I find it funny how you create false narratives, assign them to others, and then claim they are "wrong", you do this a lot.

    Again, if you don't understand that "Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes" and how that is the bottom line of my point, then this is hopeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #97
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, if you want to IGNORE what was said SPECIFICALLY by the poster and then try to IGNORE the CONTEXT of MY argument and IGNORE how the last definition APPLIES, then I think we are done. It wasn't "something else", it was the central point....and it goes to the broader point that certain people decide when events occur they can post threads to display their attitude toward certain religious/ethnic groups......and others decide to cover for them...rather badly.
    Where did you get your original definition for the Word racism? You didn't post a link.From dictionary.com the definition is as follows.
    rac·ism

    /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.



    There is no mention of religion in the definition anywhere.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you want to make the argument that Muslims are not a group sharing holidays, food, language, and custom, be my guest.

    I'm sorry that you cannot understand that racism includes discrimination against cultures/ethnic/religious groups
    I don't think it does, by definition.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Un biased View Post
    So Kosher is okay but hala is not
    No, halal is bad and barbaric and I don't know the details of how kosher is made. If it is true, as some say, that kosher is just like halal, then kosher too, is bad and barbaric.

  10. #100
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Deal approved in Muslims' suit against McDonald's

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    No, halal is bad and barbaric and I don't know the details of how kosher is made. If it is true, as some say, that kosher is just like halal, then kosher too, is bad and barbaric.
    How the pig is killed swiftly I trust a kosher hotdog more than the normal kind , and its safer to eat

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •