Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    "Whats this".....some more Obama deception over the Obamabaloney? My, my, my, the CBO just keeps busting his azz out don't they? Here running around the country with all his Liberal lil buddies talking about how 30 million will now be insured. Guess team Obama miscalculated.....again. Have any of you Libs and Progressives noticed yet? He isn't real good with numbers, at all.


    A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022.



    One of the main arguments the Obama administration made for passing the Affordable Care Act was that it would provide coverage for the uninsured.

    Currently, accoriding to CBO, there are 53 million uninsured persons in the United States, including uninsured illegal aliens. The CBO estimates that in 2022--8 years after the Affordable Care Act has been fully implemented--30 million people will remain uninsured.

    Under Obamacare, 8 percent of legal U.S. residents will remain without health insurance in 2022, according to CBO.

    The report was done to assess the fiscal impact of the Supreme Court June Obamacare decision.

    “CBO and JCT [Joint Committee on Taxation] now estimate that the ACA, in comparison with prior law before the enactment of the ACA, will reduce the number of nonelderly people without health insurance coverage by 14 million in 2014 and by 29 million or 30 million in the latter part of the coming decade, leaving 30 million nonelderly residents uninsured by the end of the period,” the report said.

    “The updated estimates by CBO and JCT represent their assessment of the middle of the distribution of the many possible outcomes arising from the Supreme Court’s decision,” states the CBO report.....snip~

    CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured | CNS News

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,562

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Yep. I am one of them. Not enough income to get PPACA yet also no dependents to qualify for Medicaid (not that I would want it).
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,520

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    I guess this is one of those things we had to find out after it was passed.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #4
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    "Whats this".....some more Obama deception over the Obamabaloney? My, my, my, the CBO just keeps busting his azz out don't they? Here running around the country with all his Liberal lil buddies talking about how 30 million will now be insured. Guess team Obama miscalculated.....again. Have any of you Libs and Progressives noticed yet? He isn't real good with numbers, at all.


    A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report says that under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, 30 million non-elderly Americans will remain without health insurance in 2022.



    One of the main arguments the Obama administration made for passing the Affordable Care Act was that it would provide coverage for the uninsured.

    Currently, accoriding to CBO, there are 53 million uninsured persons in the United States, including uninsured illegal aliens. The CBO estimates that in 2022--8 years after the Affordable Care Act has been fully implemented--30 million people will remain uninsured.

    Under Obamacare, 8 percent of legal U.S. residents will remain without health insurance in 2022, according to CBO.

    The report was done to assess the fiscal impact of the Supreme Court June Obamacare decision.

    “CBO and JCT [Joint Committee on Taxation] now estimate that the ACA, in comparison with prior law before the enactment of the ACA, will reduce the number of nonelderly people without health insurance coverage by 14 million in 2014 and by 29 million or 30 million in the latter part of the coming decade, leaving 30 million nonelderly residents uninsured by the end of the period,” the report said.

    “The updated estimates by CBO and JCT represent their assessment of the middle of the distribution of the many possible outcomes arising from the Supreme Court’s decision,” states the CBO report.....snip~

    CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured | CNS News
    So we are currently at 53 million uninsured, and in 9 years when our population will have increased, the number of uninsured Americans will be cut in half? Just want to make sure I understand your articles point.

    The reason I ask is because I am confused.

    you wrote
    ere running around the country with all his Liberal lil buddies talking about how 30 million will now be insured. Guess team Obama miscalculated.....again. Have any of you Libs and Progressives noticed yet? He isn't real good with numbers, at all.
    So according to you Obama is claiming 30 million more will be insured. The number of people will grow by at least 23 million if our current population stays the same, but it will grow. Are you saying that they were wrong to project a population growth of 7 million people in 9 years? What part of the math are you claiming is wrong?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    So we are currently at 53 million uninsured, and in 9 years when our population will have increased, the number of uninsured Americans will be cut in half? Just want to make sure I understand your articles point.

    The reason I ask is because I am confused.

    you wrote


    So according to you Obama is claiming 30 million more will be insured. The number of people will grow by at least 23 million if our current population stays the same, but it will grow. Are you saying that they were wrong to project a population growth of 7 million people in 9 years? What part of the math are you claiming is wrong?
    So have you asked why the CBO worded it that way? Did you think they have something against Obama? Why would they Cite Obama's Statements and his exact words? Is there some sort of Slash and burn by the CBO on Obamacare.

    Course now we also have discovered those that wont be covered by Pre-existing Conditions that Obamacare is not covering like they said they would. Which do you think because the CBO points that out to. They have some grand sceme to make Obama and Obamacare look bad?

  6. #6
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    So have you asked why the CBO worded it that way? Did you think they have something against Obama? Why would they Cite Obama's Statements and his exact words? Is there some sort of Slash and burn by the CBO on Obamacare.

    Course now we also have discovered those that wont be covered by Pre-existing Conditions that Obamacare is not covering like they said they would. Which do you think because the CBO points that out to. They have some grand sceme to make Obama and Obamacare look bad?
    I am asking about what YOU stated. You said

    Here running around the country with all his Liberal lil buddies talking about how 30 million will now be insured. Guess team Obama miscalculated.....again. Have any of you Libs and Progressives noticed yet? He isn't real good with numbers, at all.
    Then you go on to show that his math was correct.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I am asking about what YOU stated. You said



    Then you go on to show that his math was correct.
    Right, and I go on and show what the CBO said about him and what he said to get elected. Despite the population increase which would take place for any President that served 8years. Also like I stated which that doesn't even count all those now that wont be covered under Pre Existing conditions. So Actually it is more than what the numbers are pointing out here.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Right, and I go on and show what the CBO said about him and what he said to get elected. Despite the population increase which would take place for any President that served 8years. Also like I stated which that doesn't even count all those now that wont be covered under Pre Existing conditions. So Actually it is more than what the numbers are pointing out here.
    So what the article says that fits your partison agenda is accurate. But anything that goes against your bias is a lie.

    And yes the same population increase is going to happen. But the truth is Obama said 30 million more would be covered. And you are posting an article showing that 30 million will in fact be covered, and then calling it a lie.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    So what the article says that fits your partison agenda is accurate. But anything that goes against your bias is a lie.

    And yes the same population increase is going to happen. But the truth is Obama said 30 million more would be covered. And you are posting an article showing that 30 million will in fact be covered, and then calling it a lie.
    Will there still be 30 Million Uncovered like The CBO said.....it doesn't matter about partisan agenda. Moreover we may not even see normal population growth. Plus We already have the Other lies concerning cost and now a few more million due to those pre-existing conditions. That Obama didn't tell the truth about.

  10. #10
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,185

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'll give Obama a pass on this one because I believe during the discussions and run up to the ACA passage, it was noted that many would continue to go without insurance coverage and pay the "tax" penalty for doing so. If there are others not being covered, due to issues other than their own choice, I'm not sure how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •