Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

  1. #11
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Will there still be 30 Million Uncovered like The CBO said.....it doesn't matter about partisan agenda. Moreover we may not even see normal population growth. Plus We already have the Other lies concerning cost and now a few more million due to those pre-existing conditions. That Obama didn't tell the truth about.
    He said it would cover 30 million more. And if we have 53 million now uninsured, plus population growth, would give us a population of about 58-64 million uninsured by even modest estimations. we can use 61 as a middle ground here, and if we have 61 and subtract the 30 million that your article is talking about that won't be insured, it would seem that the presidents claims of an additional 30 million insured Americans was pretty much dead on. Exactly correct.


    Wait, did you think that with 53 million uninsured Americans that when Obama said that 30 million more Americans would be insured that 53 miillion minus 30 million would equal 0?????
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    He said it would cover 30 million more. And if we have 53 million now uninsured, plus population growth, would give us a population of about 58-64 million uninsured by even modest estimations. we can use 61 as a middle ground here, and if we have 61 and subtract the 30 million that your article is talking about that won't be insured, it would seem that the presidents claims of an additional 30 million insured Americans was pretty much dead on. Exactly correct.


    Wait, did you think that with 53 million uninsured Americans that when Obama said that 30 million more Americans would be insured that 53 miillion minus 30 million would equal 0?????
    As part of the debate surrounding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, members of both parties identified health care coverage options for individuals with pre-existing conditions as a key priority for health care reform. The Obama administration had initially promised that vulnerable Americans would be helped through 2014 by a temporary program that “makes health coverage available and more affordable for individuals who are uninsured and have been denied health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.” Unfortunately, the administration recently eliminated that option when the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services abruptly announced individuals seeking assistance would be barred from enrolling in Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Program (PCIP) because of financial constraints. During the hearing, subcommittee members will examine problems with the health care law's PCIP and solutions to help Americans with chronic conditions and diseases obtain affordable coverage.

    Subcommittee Chairman Pitts stated, “The president promised to provide affordable coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions who have been denied health insurance. However, the administration is now shutting out new enrollees from this program. Next Wednesday’s hearing will provide a chance for us to hear from experts and better understand how patients and state governments are working to address the challenge of providing health coverage to those who need it most.”

    In a recent letter to President Obama, Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton, Health Subcommittee Chairman Joe Pitts, and subcommittee Vice Chair Michael C. Burgess, M.D., along with House GOP leadership, recommended the transfer of funds from other programs in the health care law to PCIP to allow more Americans to enroll in PCIP. The leaders wrote, “Republicans have historically supported high-risk pools and reinsurance programs. In fact, the House Republican alternative to PPACA provided $25 billion to aid Americans suffering from pre-existing conditions through new universal access programs that reformed and expanded state based high-risk pools and reinsurance programs.....snip~

    Health Subcommittee to Examine Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Program to Help Those Most in Need | Energy & Commerce Committee


    How many millions do you think that adds up to.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    As part of the debate surrounding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, members of both parties identified health care coverage options for individuals with pre-existing conditions as a key priority for health care reform. The Obama administration had initially promised that vulnerable Americans would be helped through 2014 by a temporary program that “makes health coverage available and more affordable for individuals who are uninsured and have been denied health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.” Unfortunately, the administration recently eliminated that option when the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services abruptly announced individuals seeking assistance would be barred from enrolling in Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Program (PCIP) because of financial constraints. During the hearing, subcommittee members will examine problems with the health care law's PCIP and solutions to help Americans with chronic conditions and diseases obtain affordable coverage.

    Subcommittee Chairman Pitts stated, “The president promised to provide affordable coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions who have been denied health insurance. However, the administration is now shutting out new enrollees from this program. Next Wednesday’s hearing will provide a chance for us to hear from experts and better understand how patients and state governments are working to address the challenge of providing health coverage to those who need it most.”

    In a recent letter to President Obama, Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton, Health Subcommittee Chairman Joe Pitts, and subcommittee Vice Chair Michael C. Burgess, M.D., along with House GOP leadership, recommended the transfer of funds from other programs in the health care law to PCIP to allow more Americans to enroll in PCIP. The leaders wrote, “Republicans have historically supported high-risk pools and reinsurance programs. In fact, the House Republican alternative to PPACA provided $25 billion to aid Americans suffering from pre-existing conditions through new universal access programs that reformed and expanded state based high-risk pools and reinsurance programs.....snip~

    Health Subcommittee to Examine Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Program to Help Those Most in Need | Energy & Commerce Committee


    How many millions do you think that adds up to.
    So you've gone from no insurance to underinsured to fit your argument? While underinsured is not ideal, it is better than no insurance.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    So you've gone from no insurance to underinsured to fit your argument? While underinsured is not ideal, it is better than no insurance.
    I have already stated it several times in the thread.....and there is whole lot more that the CBO and others that have busted out Obamacare and its failures. Like when one eliminates any option. Or when Obama himself comes out months or even a couple years later and says.....Oooops Sorry I got those Numbers wrong the first time round. Looks like he will be hard pressed to get that 30 million insured before 2022 as well.

    Course when they are actually covered. We may even hear about it.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I have already stated it several times in the thread.....and there is whole lot more that the CBO and others that have busted out Obamacare and its failures. Like when one eliminates any option. Or when Obama himself comes out months or even a couple years later and says.....Oooops Sorry I got those Numbers wrong the first time round. Looks like he will be hard pressed to get that 30 million insured before 2022 as well.

    Course when they are actually covered. We may even hear about it.
    you are going in circles. read your original post and the subject of this thread.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    the PPACA will leave a lot of people underinsured. UHC is a much better solution.

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,305

    Re: CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    the PPACA will leave a lot of people underinsured. UHC is a much better solution.
    Sad, but true I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •