Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 178

Thread: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

  1. #51
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Have we made it all the way to ridicule to try and shame conservatives out of arguing already? That's a sure sign you've run out of arguments. Thing is that only works when your argument has any value and yours doesn't. If you honestly (and that would be a stretch given your ideology) think conservatives don't love their children there is nothing you can say that holds any water. Sadly you have just earned a spot on the bench next to Head of Jackass and Tedorunrun. Goodbye.
    In fairness, and I'm not accusing you of hypocrisy, but your statement works in both directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    So I turn it back to AIDS-a scourge that has killed more people than privately owned firearms through homicide in the last three decades. Many conservatives find no inherent value to sodomy among males so why not ban such activity in the hope it will stop the spread of AIDS?
    Because HIV is more prevalent amongst heterosexuals than homosexuals? Because the two issues are unique and ridiculous to compare together?
    Primarily spread by heterosexual sex, HIV/AIDS now infects as many women as men worldwide. Although the disease was first recognized in the United States among gay men, it is also significantly spread among IV drug users. Internationally, it is more often a disease of heterosexuals.
    The Top Ten Myths About HIV/AIDS

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually the point is valid. anti gunners (almost always left wing) claim that the actions of millions need to be restricted in order to stop a few criminals. This suggestion is easy when those proposing restrictions find no inherent merit or value in law abiding people owning or using firearms for ANY reason. So I turn it back to AIDS-a scourge that has killed more people than privately owned firearms through homicide in the last three decades. Many conservatives find no inherent value to sodomy among males so why not ban such activity in the hope it will stop the spread of AIDS?

    same argument as the anti gun position
    Either of these arguments are valid when discussing the base of the gun control debate. The left frames it as a way to end child deaths. Of course this is a red herring, the true intent is to disarm citizens. We know it, they know it, and it is why liberals get all bent out of shape when we bring up killing children thru abortion and people dying from AIDS. No firearm comes from the manufacturer loaded. That has to be done later, and an unloaded gun is incapable of killing anyone unless it is used like a hammer, which kill more people than guns do. There would be no abortion if people did not engage in sex knowing that a possible effect of that may be pregnancy. A person with AIDS can completely avoid spreading the disease as the pathology of the virus is well understood.

    So all of these things are preventable, and thru simple means. Don't load the firearm, and don't **** anybody if you don't want to run the risk of pregnancy or spreading STDs. But liberals will not accept that. Their basic mindset is they can do whatever they want to and someone else will clean up the mess for them. In other words, they honestly do not feel they should have to be held accountable for their actions, and yet gun owners (who are predominantly conservatives) should be held accountable for theirs. This is why there will never be agreement. The double standard is staggering, and the actions they hold dear cause the death of far more children than do guns. But they don't want to talk about that. It is as though their dicks have minds of their own and can not be controlled. They lack any semblance of self control, so they look to the government to control them. Since they can not control themselves they assume (in their narrow field of view) that others can't either. They will not shy from this perspective because to admit that one does not have any self control while others do would be an admission of their own personal weakness.

    I'll go with Herman Caine here. We need to save the savable. Liberals are not savable, it's a waste of time to explain truth to the willfully ignorant. They need (and indeed want) to be controlled. Interestingly enough one definition of severe mental disability is the inability to care for oneself in a safe manner. Under that definition liberalism is a mental disorder. We need to stop arguing with these people and help them find treatment. For some it is intentional, for other it is a disease they picked up in college. It's time we started addressing the right problems. Perhaps the CDC should look in to this.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Dumb argument by the OP that's been debunked plenty of times before. Yes if you only want to focus on a single characteristics of something than yes lets ban gun, lets ban knives, lets ban cars, lets ban heights, but of course nothing in the world has only a single characteristic, so talking about things as if they do is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    So what's your point?
    Point is that guns, knives, cars, and high falls, etc, despite all being potentially dangerous are not the same thing and you cannot treat them the same way. Meaning that you can't take an argument to ban all guns and say "Well shouldn't we ban all knives, cars, high falls, and etc?" to show a fallacy in the argument, because all those things are different things. Basically I'm saying its apples and oranges.

    Also hardly anyone here or in politics is calling for a ban on all guns, and by all I mean literally every single one, however if you listen to many of the folks here you'll hear them talk as if that's all that "anti-gunners" as they call them want to do. Its a gross exaggeration and a strawman to constantly imply that its an argument people are making as often as they do.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Either of these arguments are valid when discussing the base of the gun control debate. The left frames it as a way to end child deaths. Of course this is a red herring, the true intent is to disarm citizens. We know it, they know it, and it is why liberals get all bent out of shape when we bring up killing children thru abortion and people dying from AIDS.
    Holy ignorant criticism, Batman.

    If guns didn't provide such an easy way to kill people, I'd have no problem with guns. My interest is only in safety, not just for children, but for everyone. What amazes me about your post here is what you said just a couple of posts above.

    Quote Originally Posted by You, with edits
    Have we made it all the way to ridicule to try and shame (liberals) out of arguing already? That's a sure sign you've run out of arguments. Thing is that only works when your argument has any value and yours doesn't. If you honestly (and that would be a stretch given your ideology) think (liberals) don't love their children there is nothing you can say that holds any water.
    Any credibility you may have had has just been discarded. I'm actually disappointed, because I thought you made a great point and then you go and do the exact same thing for which you criticized another.

  5. #55
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No one expects you to take your robotic focus off guns, because we all know it isn't people's safety that drives you....but pure power.
    Really? Love the NRA tripe. Honestly, bring something to the table for once.

  6. #56
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Have we made it all the way to ridicule to try and shame conservatives out of arguing already? That's a sure sign you've run out of arguments. Thing is that only works when your argument has any value and yours doesn't. If you honestly (and that would be a stretch given your ideology) think conservatives don't love their children there is nothing you can say that holds any water. Sadly you have just earned a spot on the bench next to Head of Jackass and Tedorunrun. Goodbye.
    Don't let the door hit you... Remind me again of all the wonderful legislation republicans have supported for children.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 04-10-13 at 12:42 PM.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    If only he'd had a gun, many of them would be dead instead of just injured. A weapon multiplies injury and death, a gun is more effective at spreading them further and faster.
    If one of the victims and/or people close by had a legal carry permit he or she could have pulled that gun and blew the psycho's head off.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So your wish is that the perpetrator had used a gun? Is that the purpose of this ugly OP?
    So are you saying knives are as dangerous as guns? Doesn't the story argue against this dishonest post of yours?

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    If one of the victims and/or people close by had a legal carry permit he or she could have pulled that gun and blew the psycho's head off.
    But that never happens, does it? Funny, its as if the NRA types are chicken.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So you're trying to put words in the OP's mouth? Is that the purpose of this ugly post?
    Wow, enough with the clever repartee!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •