Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    The good news for Obama admirers? He's back at 51 percent overall approval in this survey -- as opposed to quite a lot of early 2013 polling. The bad news? His approval rating is upside down on virtually every major issue:



    Economy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Federal Budget Deficit: 38% Approve, 58% Disapprove

    Taxes: 46% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Illegal Immigration: 44% Approve, 50% Disapprove

    Gun Policy: 45% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Health care policy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Social Security and Medicare: 44% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Regardless, this dynamic reinforces how complex and difficult the politics of this issue can be. Finally, within the context of the president's belated budget release this week, the question of tax increases has again reared its head. His proposal presents some modest, and laudable, entitlement reform ideas -- which Obama will only embrace if Republicans agree to raise taxes again. The public isn't enamored with the president's position on either issue set, it appears.....snip~

    CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues - Guy Benson

    Obama down 7 points with his Gun issue. Plus now the public sees he wont compromise unless the Repubs do. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Thoughts---you are looking at the laundry list of red-herrings for the midterms. Hope it doesn't spoil the show for you.....

  3. #3
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Obama already is irrelevant, he just hasn't figured it out yet.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Plus now the public sees he wont compromise unless the Repubs do. Thoughts?
    Isn't compromise a two-way street?
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #5
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The good news for Obama admirers? He's back at 51 percent overall approval in this survey -- as opposed to quite a lot of early 2013 polling. The bad news? His approval rating is upside down on virtually every major issue:



    Economy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Federal Budget Deficit: 38% Approve, 58% Disapprove

    Taxes: 46% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Illegal Immigration: 44% Approve, 50% Disapprove

    Gun Policy: 45% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Health care policy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Social Security and Medicare: 44% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Regardless, this dynamic reinforces how complex and difficult the politics of this issue can be. Finally, within the context of the president's belated budget release this week, the question of tax increases has again reared its head. His proposal presents some modest, and laudable, entitlement reform ideas -- which Obama will only embrace if Republicans agree to raise taxes again. The public isn't enamored with the president's position on either issue set, it appears.....snip~

    CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues - Guy Benson

    Obama down 7 points with his Gun issue. Plus now the public sees he wont compromise unless the Repubs do. Thoughts?
    But let's break that approval numbers down a bit futher, Democrats approval of Obama is at 85%, Independents/Swing voters at 41% and Republicans at 10%. It is the Independent/Swing Voters numbers that need to be looked at and kept track of, not just the overall number. Last November when the president won by 4 points, the approval rating among Independent/swing voters was at 49% and these voting block split their votes evenly 50-50 between him and Romney. The 4 point win was because more people identify/associate themselves with the Democratic Party than the Republican Party which back in November these numbers were 33% Democratic, 29% Republican. The rest identified themselves as independents.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,305

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The good news for Obama admirers? He's back at 51 percent overall approval in this survey -- as opposed to quite a lot of early 2013 polling. The bad news? His approval rating is upside down on virtually every major issue:



    Economy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Federal Budget Deficit: 38% Approve, 58% Disapprove

    Taxes: 46% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Illegal Immigration: 44% Approve, 50% Disapprove

    Gun Policy: 45% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Health care policy: 44% Approve, 54% Disapprove

    Social Security and Medicare: 44% Approve, 52% Disapprove

    Regardless, this dynamic reinforces how complex and difficult the politics of this issue can be. Finally, within the context of the president's belated budget release this week, the question of tax increases has again reared its head. His proposal presents some modest, and laudable, entitlement reform ideas -- which Obama will only embrace if Republicans agree to raise taxes again. The public isn't enamored with the president's position on either issue set, it appears.....snip~

    CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues - Guy Benson

    Obama down 7 points with his Gun issue. Plus now the public sees he wont compromise unless the Repubs do. Thoughts?
    I wonder how his approval is over 50% when everything else

    is below 50 %.??

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,278
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    I put no stock in polls for any politician or political issue.

    You get stuck on polling and you lose sight of the issue itself and what is actually the right and wrong approach on the subject.

    Sometimes the people get it wrong which isn't to say Obama is right in this case, just pointing that out.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Thoughts---you are looking at the laundry list of red-herrings for the midterms. Hope it doesn't spoil the show for you.....
    The GOP won't win enough seats to regain the senate. It may be like this last election where the Republicans became their own worst enemy in whom they nominated. Guy like Akin and Mourdock lost seats that should have gone easily republican. Berg and Rehberg also lost because they were unpopular representatives that gained the GOP nomination.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    I wonder how his approval is over 50% when everything else

    is below 50 %.??

    It is the old I wouldn't mind having a beer with him effect.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Thoughts---you are looking at the laundry list of red-herrings for the midterms. Hope it doesn't spoil the show for you.....
    It shouldn't.....the only other thing going on will be some baseball.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •