Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

  1. #11
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    I wonder how his approval is over 50% when everything else

    is below 50 %.??
    Well, everything else isn't everything. Ya got the blacks, the hispanics, the gays, the unions, the communists, the socialists, the materialists, the rabid hedonists, the wimmens, the poor, the soon to be poor, the poor sooner or later, the environmentalists, the media, the insane, and even democrats.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Isn't compromise a two-way street?
    Sure is.....that's why the Repubs gave him his revenues plus his stimulus. Now it was suppose to be his turn to show he could lead.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    But let's break that approval numbers down a bit futher, Democrats approval of Obama is at 85%, Independents/Swing voters at 41% and Republicans at 10%. It is the Independent/Swing Voters numbers that need to be looked at and kept track of, not just the overall number. Last November when the president won by 4 points, the approval rating among Independent/swing voters was at 49% and these voting block split their votes evenly 50-50 between him and Romney. The 4 point win was because more people identify/associate themselves with the Democratic Party than the Republican Party which back in November these numbers were 33% Democratic, 29% Republican. The rest identified themselves as independents.
    Then lets look at that is CNN.....which I am sure Team Obama notices. Wouldn't you say?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    I wonder how his approval is over 50% when everything else

    is below 50 %.??
    Well it is CNN.....just saying.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I put no stock in polls for any politician or political issue.

    You get stuck on polling and you lose sight of the issue itself and what is actually the right and wrong approach on the subject.

    Sometimes the people get it wrong which isn't to say Obama is right in this case, just pointing that out.
    Yeah that's understandable.....but I think it was Clinton that got the Demos to change their mindset over polling.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then lets look at that is CNN.....which I am sure Team Obama notices. Wouldn't you say?
    I would, I am sure team Obama does too. But will it change the way they are doing things? I highly doubt it. November 2014 is still a long way off. Then remember Obama Care, when it was passed 58% was against and only 39% were in favor. What the public wanted or didn't want, team Obama paid no attention to it.

    If I were on team Obama, I wouldn't pay much attention to these polls this far out. But if I were a senator scheduled to run for re-election in Nov of 2014, I would take a good look at them, but continue to back my president. Now around June or July of next year, then I might just change my stance depending on how the people of my state view these issues. Americans have a very short memory.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,305

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Well, everything else isn't everything. Ya got the blacks, the hispanics, the gays, the unions, the communists, the socialists, the materialists, the rabid hedonists, the wimmens, the poor, the soon to be poor, the poor sooner or later, the environmentalists, the media, the insane, and even democrats.
    Hadn't thought of that !!

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I would, I am sure team Obama does too. But will it change the way they are doing things? I highly doubt it. November 2014 is still a long way off. Then remember Obama Care, when it was passed 58% was against and only 39% were in favor. What the public wanted or didn't want, team Obama paid no attention to it.

    If I were on team Obama, I wouldn't pay much attention to these polls this far out. But if I were a senator scheduled to run for re-election in Nov of 2014, I would take a good look at them, but continue to back my president. Now around June or July of next year, then I might just change my stance depending on how the people of my state view these issues. Americans have a very short memory.
    We will have to see with those 20 Democratic seats that are up. Also like with Donnelly out of Indiana. Might as well consider it a one time hold.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Wow, you guys are finally making some headway now that you don't have a candidate screwing things up for you. WTG I knew you could do it. The good news is I think this is a great sign you will be able to get Obama out of the white house next term, and now all you have to do is to find a candidate who can beat the democrats.

  10. #20
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: CNN Poll: Obama Underwater on Key Issues....

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Hadn't thought of that !!
    Those folks will support Obama no matter what. Course, Obama lost on sequestration and he's going to lose his gun thing. That's two strikes. One more, and he's truly as irrelevant as Canada John says he already is. That teetering colossus called Obamacare may already be proving impossible, which would be strike three.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •