Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

  1. #11
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    A long dead Pope made a bad call on a massacre that occurred before I was born. This is Breaking News how exactly?

  2. #12
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,131
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You can cherry-pick whatever convenient points you want, but you absolutely defend Che and Cuba against their butcheries and deny they happened.

    Chavez has many misdeeds under his name; whether or not they're "atrocities" is beside the point; it's that you dismiss it as propaganda.

    You "tsk tsk" the Vatican for what you do yourself.
    Even if we accept the premise that Demsocialist does dismiss some atrocities as propaganda, which you have yet to produce some quotes to support your position. And while we're on the subject I like Demsocialist, but find his support for Chavez puzzling.

    But I digress.

    Which is the more poignant and news worthy?

    A young socialist from Kansas dismissing atrocities on the interwebs (if we accept that premise)?

    Or the leaders of an organization who claim to be a moral authority in the world?

  3. #13
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,424

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No i didnt. I didnt dismiss anything.



    No i didnt.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/latin-...e-guevara.html
    Here im pretty active on that thread you can find out for yourself.
    Hoo-boy. That thread is exactly what I'm referring to. I invite everyone to explore it.

    This thread is not about Che.
    No one forced you to ad the "tsk tsk," dude. That opens you up to exactly this criticism.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  4. #14
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,424

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Even if we accept the premise that Demsocialist does dismiss some atrocities as propaganda, which you have yet to produce some quotes to support your position. And while we're on the subject I like Demsocialist, but find his support for Chavez puzzling.

    But I digress.

    Which is the more poignant and news worthy?

    A young socialist from Kansas dismissing atrocities on the interwebs (if we accept that premise)?

    Or the leaders of an organization who claim to be a moral authority in the world?
    I'm not worried about poignant and newsworthy. It is suddenly illegitimate on DP to point out a poster's hypocrisy? If so, I missed when that came down. Maybe it was discussed in The Loft.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  5. #15
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Hoo-boy. That thread is exactly what I'm referring to. I invite everyone to explore it.
    Go right ahead.




    No one forced you to ad the "tsk tsk," dude. That opens you up to exactly this criticism.
    Oh so if i didnt say "tsk tsk" you wouldnt try to derail this thread.. .


  6. #16
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,424

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Go right ahead.





    Oh so if i didnt say "tsk tsk" you wouldnt try to derail this thread.. .
    I would not have had reason to discuss the hypocrisy, no.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  7. #17
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,654

    Re: WikiLeaks: Vatican Dismissed Pinochet Massacre Reports As 'Communist Propaganda'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No i didnt. I didnt dismiss anything.



    No i didnt.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/latin-...e-guevara.html
    Here im pretty active on that thread you can find out for yourself.

    This thread is not about Che.
    I would like to thank you for posting this. It demonstrates that in its own secret way, the Vatican is part of the "powers-that-be"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •