Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

  1. #21
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,847

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Much better than your original I replied to. I agree. What you say is very true. And very sad.
    My original post was simply to point out that our own "just us" system is whacked. We pretend to have a jury of your peers system yet less than 10% ever see that day in court - at least on the original charge(s). 90% (or more) of our "cases" are "handled" by plea deals, usually for a single "lesser included offense", that result in token sentences to keep the "case clearance" rate up. Only high profile cases, with politcal/press appeal, get tried in court and then we see that Casey Anthony can walk and people like George Zimmerman get put through the ringer while those that stay out of the press (most cases) get quietly handed very sweet plea deals.

    Florida teen gets life for murdering 2 British tourists | Fox News

    Note the lengthy criminal histories of these fine folks that also finally killed foreign tourists, and thus made headlines, in FL:

    Uwe-Wilhelm Rakebrand murder 9/08/1993 Miami, FL *German tourist killed on honeymoon; Three convicted; sentenced to life in prison* | Bonnie's Blog of Crime

    Note the "why" for finally getting a really long sentence:

    http://fl.findacase.com/research/wfr...3301.FL.htm/qx
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 04-06-13 at 10:50 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #22
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,847

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    What was my last sentence in the quote you responded to?
    OK, the odds of the US "cutting ties" to Mexico and China are? Get real.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The Saudi's have had brutal punishment form crimes for many, many years, and now you are concerned?

    Feel free to invade yet another country to impart your morals on them.

    It has worked so well in N Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

    You and your indignant disdain are many years late to the party.
    And these are all countries that have been invaded..with you lost...

    Saudi Arabia did public beheadings etc in the 1990's..and their cutting of hands..we needed the black stuff...so we all put our fingers in our ears and sang La-la-la..

    However..surgically crippled people have taken on a new perspective..

    Just seeing how far they can push us before we object..

    Never forget that the 9/11 bombers were either Saudi..or funded by Saudi..

    Like Pakistan..you are sending funds..they hid osama bin laden for years..next to a police station...

    Wake up boy..

  4. #24
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    And these are all countries that have been invaded..with you lost...

    Saudi Arabia did public beheadings etc in the 1990's..and their cutting of hands..we needed the black stuff...so we all put our fingers in our ears and sang La-la-la..

    However..surgically crippled people have taken on a new perspective..

    Just seeing how far they can push us before we object..

    Never forget that the 9/11 bombers were either Saudi..or funded by Saudi..

    Like Pakistan..you are sending funds..they hid osama bin laden for years..next to a police station...

    Wake up boy..
    I am not your boy.

    I also have enough intelligence to recognize what can be changed, and what cannot.

    Other than bitching on the internet, what have you done?

    That you be nothing, other than acting holier-than-thou.

    Spin again.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I am not your boy.

    I also have enough intelligence to recognize what can be changed, and what cannot.

    Other than bitching on the internet, what have you done?

    That you be nothing, other than acting holier-than-thou.

    Spin again.
    Whoa...

    I am not acting ''holier than thou''

    Could you tell me why these atrocities do not bother you..

    I am a member of ''Amnesty International''

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,374

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Not really. Thats why I want us to use our own oil & the Canadian oil !! Seems like a no-brainer. No wonder our govt can't figure it out !!!
    Actually the good ol' USofA only gets approx 13% of it's oil from the Persian Gulf. The Far East gets over half the crude oil production, about the same in refined oil production.

    Makes some wonder why we spend all the blood and treasure for a tiny fraction of the oil produced. Since the average citizen doesn't profit at the pump from the huge drain on our taxes does make me wonder who does....

  7. #27
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Actually the good ol' USofA only gets approx 13% of it's oil from the Persian Gulf. The Far East gets over half the crude oil production, about the same in refined oil production.

    Makes some wonder why we spend all the blood and treasure for a tiny fraction of the oil produced. Since the average citizen doesn't profit at the pump from the huge drain on our taxes does make me wonder who does....
    Valid point!

    I'm thinking politicians for one.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,318

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    OK, the odds of the US "cutting ties" to Mexico and China are? Get real.
    Cutting ties to Mexico wouldn't be too hard.

    China is a different story for sure considering they own a substantial part of us already.

    Doesn't mean we can't be working in that direction though.

    A truly independent USofA would be the strongest, safest, and most efficient USofA.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,374

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Valid point! I'm thinking politicians for one.
    Chump change.... think HUGE, think multinational, think like an exploitative corporation that holds the rights to produce/ supply Middle East oil. Some one is making a literal King's ransom producing that oil for everyone but us.

    Why would a politician profit from a minor source of domestically consumed resource? Why would we station so much of our Armed Forces in a place where so little of that resource comes here?

  10. #30
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Turn a blind eye..they have oil..

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Whoa...

    I am not acting ''holier than thou''

    Could you tell me why these atrocities do not bother you..

    I am a member of ''Amnesty International''
    That's better - you act civilly to me and I will respond in kind.

    I never said that they did not bother me.

    I said that I am smart enough to recognize what I can change, and what I cannot.

    The Saudis have had these brutal tactics in place for years.

    We have done too much for them over the years, with minimal payback.

    The sooner we can walk away from them, the better off we will be.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •