Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    You keep trying to turn this into a liberal vs conservative thing instead of focusing on the reason why benefits are rising.

    If you can see why percentages are used to compare 2 persons out of 100 to 1 person out of 10 I'm not sure what to say.
    Volume = dollars= fraudulent spending

  2. #32
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Volume = dollars= fraudulent spending
    If you have a city of 1,000....100,000....and 1,000,000 which do you think will have more individuals with a disability? Is it fradulent that you would expect more persons with a disibility out of 1 million compared to 1,000?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    If you have a city of 1,000....100,000....and 1,000,000 which do you think will have more individuals with a disability? Is it fradulent that you would expect more persons with a disibility out of 1 million compared to 1,000?
    It paints a clear picture when liberal run states are taking advantage of a broken system

  4. #34
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It paints a clear picture when liberal run states are taking advantage of a broken system
    How so? If 4 out of 100 individuals in Texas are disabled, 4 out of 100 individuals in Alaska, 4 out of 100 individuals in Oklahoma, and 4 out of 100 individuals in California how is California anything other than normal in this aspect?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    How so? If 4 out of 100 individuals in Texas are disabled, 4 out of 100 individuals in Alaska, 4 out of 100 individuals in Oklahoma, and 4 out of 100 individuals in California how is California anything other than normal in this aspect?
    You are stuck on percentages. 500 + million in California alone. V-o-l-u-m-e, VOLUME, VOLUME

  6. #36
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You are stuck on percentages. 500 + million in California alone. V-o-l-u-m-e, VOLUME, VOLUME
    Because you making comparisons between states with different populations! Therefore you use %'s to make a valid comparison. If you're trying to make a case that California has higher rates of fraud in disability claims because they have higher numbers of disability claims you're just wrong. It's just mathamatically incorrect to make that claim. You're basically saying that everyone in the state of Alaska was in disability due to the fact they have a much smaller population and would ultimately have a lower number of total people on disability than California that the fraud exists in California not Alaska. That would just be incorrect.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Because you making comparisons between states with different populations! Therefore you use %'s to make a valid comparison. If you're trying to make a case that California has higher rates of fraud in disability claims because they have higher numbers of disability claims you're just wrong. It's just mathamatically incorrect to make that claim. You're basically saying that everyone in the state of Alaska was in disability due to the fact they have a much smaller population and would ultimately have a lower number of total people on disability than California that the fraud exists in California not Alaska. That would just be incorrect.
    Not when you are dealing with 1/2 million people, it becomes staggering. But keep operating from the liberal playbook, you can't change your programming this late in the game

  8. #38
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Not when you are dealing with 1/2 million people, it becomes staggering. But keep operating from the liberal playbook, you can't change your programming this late in the game
    ha! I really hope you're trolling...if so kudos to you sir you had me.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #39
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    (CNSNews.com) - The number of American workers collecting federal disability payments climbed to yet another record of 8,853,614 in March, up from 8,840,427 in February, according to newly released data from the Social Security Administration.

    That means there are more than 3 times as many Americans taking disability payments as there are people living in the city of Chicago, which according to the Census Bureau has a population of 2,707,120.

    8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; Exceeds 3x Population of Chicago | CNS News
    This is an unintended consequence of the Clinton/Gingrich welfare reform. States have to pay more welfare, but disability is a federal program. So states hire private companies to comb through the welfare rolls to see who they can get on disability instead of welfare, which brings their cost down.

    Moving People From Welfare To Disability Rolls Is A Profitable, Full-Time Job : NPR


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; 3x Population of Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    This is an unintended consequence of the Clinton/Gingrich welfare reform. States have to pay more welfare, but disability is a federal program. So states hire private companies to comb through the welfare rolls to see who they can get on disability instead of welfare, which brings their cost down.

    Moving People From Welfare To Disability Rolls Is A Profitable, Full-Time Job : NPR
    I have know more people on disability today than I did 5 years ago, almost 4 times more. People are tired of the fight it takes to get by and are giving up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •