Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 360

Thread: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

  1. #81
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    what's the deal with the republicans having this constant stream of celebrity personalities that crash and burn after 6 months? It almost seems like there is a new flavor every month
    You are kidding, I hope?

    Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Carson is a member of the American Academy of Achievement, and the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans. In 2008, the White House awarded Benjamin Carson the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.[5] As an internationally renowned physician, Carson has authored over 100 neurosurgical publications, along with three best-selling books, and has been awarded 38 honorary doctorate degrees and dozens of national merit citations.[6]
    The man was world renowned and well respected... until the day he dared challenge the sacred agenda. Now he's "the flavor of the month".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  2. #82
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,256

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    It sounds like you're hoping that Conservatives will be courting you for your vote, but you're confusing Conservatives with the establishment Republican leadership. We don't have a "cause."

    Or a purpose.

  3. #83
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,256

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Let's not. I have no interest in a right wing fish wrap's opinion. But thanks anyway.

  4. #84
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    You are kidding, I hope?

    Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    The man was world renowned and well respected... until the day he dared challenge the sacred agenda. Now he's "the flavor of the month".
    I'm semi familiar with his history and who he is, but his name recognition clearly hit new heights recently.

  5. #85
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,870
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Using two groups in the same sentence is not comparing them.
    True, but that is not what Carson did.

    He equivocated them by claiming they held the same goal, "Changing the definition of marriage". By doing so, he lumped them together despite the only thing they have in common is their regards to sexuality.

    Now, I'll concede that he may not have meant that.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  6. #86
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,256

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    White Liberals are about as racist as it gets

    The minute a black man steps off the liberal plantation he's targeted and attacked
    I guess that would explain your racism as it appears you claim you are very liberal.

  7. #87
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,256

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    He didn't compare homosexuality to bestiality. You're lying.

    Ummm yes he did. Try reading the OP

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Let's not. I have no interest in a right wing fish wrap's opinion. But thanks anyway.
    No, lets. I insist.

    A Modern Timeline of Liberals Claiming That Opposition to Obama = Racism
    Matt Welch|Jun. 8, 2012 6:55 pm

    08/23/08: Jacob Weisberg, Slate: "Racism is the only reason Obama might lose."

    08/07/09: Paul Krugman, New York Times: "[T]he driving force behind the town hall mobs is probably the same cultural and racial anxiety that's behind the 'birther' movement, which denies Mr. Obama's citizenship."

    09/13/09: Jimmy Carter, MSNBC: "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man[.]"

    01/19/10: Keith Olbermann, MSNBC: "[T]he Tea Party movement [is] perhaps the saddest collection of people who don't want to admit why they really hate since the racists of the South in the sixties insisted they were really just concerned about states' rights....[I]n Scott Brown we have an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against woman and against politicians with whom he disagrees."

    03/27/10: Frank Rich, New York Times: "How curious that a mob fond of likening President Obama to Hitler knows so little about history that it doesn't recognize its own small-scale mimicry of Kristallnacht....The conjunction of a black president and a female speaker of the House — topped off by a wise Latina on the Supreme Court and a powerful gay Congressional committee chairman — would sow fears of disenfranchisement among a dwindling and threatened minority in the country no matter what policies were in play."

    10/19/10: The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People: "Tea Party ranks [are] permeated with concerns about race and national identity....Tea Party organizations have given platforms to anti-Semites, racists, and bigots. Further, hard-core white nationalists have been attracted to these protests, looking for potential recruits and hoping to push these (white) protesters towards a more self-conscious and ideological white supremacy."

    01/25/11: State Rep. Jim Moran (D-Virgina), Al-Hurra: "[GOP success in mid-term elections] happened for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States. It happened because the Southern states, the slaveholding states, didn’t want to see a president who was opposed to slavery. In this case, I believe, a lot of people in the United States don’t want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is liberal, who wants to spend money and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society."

    08/22/11: Rep. Andre Carson (D-Indiana): "Some of these folks in Congress would love to see us as second-class citizens. Some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me...hanging on a tree."

    03/27/12: Dahlia Lithwick, Slate: "And now we know the [Supreme] court is worried about freedom: the freedom to live like it's 1804."

    06/04/12: Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Washington Post: "By attacking labor unions, flooding Wisconsin with outside cash and trying to cleanse the electorate of people who don't look, earn or think like him, [Wisconsin Gov. Scott] Walker has taken aim at more than a single campaign cycle or a series of policies; his real targets are the pillars of American progressivism itself."

    06/08/12: Cassandra Jackson, Huffington Post: "[T]he war on affordable health care is a war on Blacks and Latinos."

    And now, full circle, comes today's other installment, from our old friend Charles P. Pierce in Esquire magazine:

    In so many ways, the path [Barack Obama] has to walk to re-election is similar to the path he has had to walk through his life. It was hard not to notice the subtext present in all those earnest warnings about hurting the fee-fees of our financial titans. The president was stepping out of his place. The president was being uppity again.

    This is also the case with what is perhaps the most noxious idea out there: that Barack Obama "failed" in his promise to "bring the country together," and that he is now — Glorioski! — campaigning like he wants to be president all over again. He is engaging in politics. Mother of mercy, I swear David Brooks is just going to break down and go all to pieces on PBS some evening over the president's betrayal of his role as the country's anodyne black man and, of course, his upcoming role as black martyr to incivility and discord. It is his duty, dammit, to be all the things that people like Brooks wanted him to be so that he could lose, nobly, and then the country could go back to its rightful owners.

    Still no convincing explanation for how the racist Teabagging Republicans could have fallen so hard for Herman Cain, but I think the most salient point is one noted by (gasp!) David Brooks: Barack Obama is consistently much more popular than his policies. Mitt Romney has been consistently less popular than his. That's a mighty odd way for a country to express its racism.

    Two bits from me from the racially contentious late summer of 2009: "The Race War That Isn't," and "Are Tea Parties Racist?"
    I even saved you a click so you didn't have to strain yourself.

  9. #89
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,256

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Wow. Ben Carson offers some disparaging commentary about Obamacare and suddenly he's the left's new public enemy #1. Whod'a saw that one coming?

    He's black, he's articulate, and he tells it like it is. He scares you. Plain and simple.
    Oh here we go again. Please, run him for POTUS. Please. And while you're at it, why not put Sarah on the ticket. I'm shaking in my boots here.

    You righties are like the Black Knight. (no pun here)

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    No, lets. I insist.



    I even saved you a click so you didn't have to strain yourself.
    Meanwhile Carson compared gays to pedophiles and pretended he was defending marriage. Then he pretended he didn't make the comparison. Then you did too.

    Oh the disingenuous arguments of conservatives. Words mean nothing to them.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •