Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 360

Thread: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Try again.
    Hey, funny icons pretending to be an argument!

    Meanwhile, Carson compare gays to pedophiles and now the conservatives here are in damage control, pretending that he didn't.

    It's a common practice of the rightwing noise machine: pretending what was just said wasn't said.

  2. #72
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, funny icons pretending to be an argument!

    Meanwhile, Carson compare gays to pedophiles and now the conservatives here are in damage control, pretending that he didn't.

    It's a common practice of the rightwing noise machine: pretending what was just said wasn't said.
    Just for you

    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Just for you

    You're trying so hard.

    Meanwhile, Carson compares gays to pedophiles, and your response is to post icons pretending to be arguments.

    Conservatives and their misdirections!


  4. #74
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, funny icons pretending to be an argument!

    Meanwhile, Carson compare gays to pedophiles and now the conservatives here are in damage control, pretending that he didn't.

    It's a common practice of the rightwing noise machine: pretending what was just said wasn't said.
    what's the deal with the republicans having this constant stream of celebrity personalities that crash and burn after 6 months? It almost seems like there is a new flavor every month

  5. #75
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You should have ended that with "for $100" since the question is so easy.

    Issues don't get addressed properly when you have the political correctness shield trying to deflect the proper efforts to solve them. For example, like it or not, blacks have the crappiest unemployment rate, worst GPA, and an ungodly percentage of kids born out of wedlock. As soon as you suggest that they are not taking personal responsibility, the race card comes out. If they'd listen and follow the examples of those like Dr. Carson and myself then they'd get a lot farther than just using the old excuse of slavery from a century and a half ago. Dr. Carson and I made it to Ph.D. from the ghettos of Detroit and Baltimore, respectively, each with an uneducated single mother. Significantly more could make the same transition if the black culture would swap how much thuggery and education are respected. This is but one of many examples.
    Strangely enough, nothing you detailed threatens the livelihood of the country. In this case, it seems social matters just aren't discussed the way you see fit.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    what's the deal with the republicans having this constant stream of celebrity personalities that crash and burn after 6 months? It almost seems like there is a new flavor every month
    Now that's an interesting question!

    My take (and it's biased of course) is that the rightwing media feeds conservative politicians who say more and more outrageous things and take extremist views. It doesn't praise the Jon Huntsmans of the world.

    So rational statesmenlike politicians in the GOP (like Huntsman) are ignored (or even attacked), and there is an incentive for GOP politicians to become more outrageous and offensive (as it attracts attention, funding, and talkshow gigs), until finally, they go over the line and the general public takes notice and rejects them.

    I think that's one element of what's happening to the GOP. What do you think? It's a fascinating phenomenon.

  7. #77
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, it takes a lot of eloquence to compare gays to pedophiles and then pretend the issue is "redefining" marriage.
    He didn't. He mentioned the two groups in the same sentence. You're the one making the comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    He didn't. He mentioned the two groups in the same sentence. You're the one making the comparison.
    I wonder why he'd mention those particular groups in the same sentence. It couldn't be to compare them or anything

    I mean there are so many bestiality groups out there trying to redefine marriage, right?

    Another pitiful defense by the tea party league. Try to be honest.

    Oh and I love how now it's my fault he mentioned bestiality -- this is such classic tea party memery. It's almost wonderful!

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Ben Carson: Liberals Don't Like Me Because They're 'Racist' (AUDIO) | TPM LiveWire

    Honestly, how can anyone take this man seriously? Sure there are racists on the left. Certainly more than their fair share on the right as well.

    When you make inane comments like this man has, and you put yourself out there as he has, expecting not to be criticized on one's position is rather short sighted. Playing the race card just looks shallow.

    The guy may well be educated. But he certainly looks stupid.
    Dr. Carson is an exceptional surgeon and his life story is beyond inspiring. My mother has, since I can remember, used him as an example of the kind of person people should aspire to be. She would not only tell me about him as a kid, but she consistently used him as an example of excellence when teaching her elementary school students. Because those are the memories I associate him with, I find his new political "persona" to be troubling.

    At this point, his political comments seem to be as weak and delusional as most of the most vocal conservatives out there. Instead of taking personal responsibility for his comments about homosexuality among other things, he's playing the victim and saying that people are just "trying to get rid of him" and have no doubt that he has a lot of "yes men" around him confirming his delusional thoughts. Moreover, he grossly overestimates the "threat" that he poses to liberals. Assuming that he means that he poses a threat because he is a black man critical of liberalism, he makes the same mistake with that assumption that many conservatives make: he assumes that black liberals will become conservatives just because black conservatives exist. I find it odd that he would make that mistake of thinking that black liberals are so superficial given how insulting to black people that assumption is.

    Bottom line: As a surgeon and man, I'll always respect him. As a pundit, he sounds like every other clueless conservative. /shrug

  10. #80
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Because...you...care...right? SUUUUUUURE you do. The site is LITTERED with your concern..well..no...actually...the only time you can be bothered to show how down you are is when it involves a CONSERVATIVE black person. Its ok...its just 'you'.
    Vance, you really are getting weak. Your argument is vapid. But hey, not at all surprising since you don't even have the stones to admit you're a righty.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •