Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 360

Thread: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

  1. #331
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There isn't much room for ideological growth when you have a single voting block making up anywhere from 50%-70% of your public. Who is Ben Carson going to go after? Middle class academics? Suburban liberals with disposable income? He can't. Social conservatives have a single road to go down to get votes. Rural, lower class, protestants. They can thank Nixon for that.
    What I find interesting is that these people will get some early attention and then go full retard in front of the media. It's almost like watching people trying to one up each other on crazy

  2. #332
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    What I find interesting is that these people will get some early attention and then go full retard in front of the media. It's almost like watching people trying to one up each other on crazy
    Pretty much. When you start putting gay marriage, pedophilia and beastiality on the same podium, you're not looking for level headed discussion on the issue.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #333
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Pretty much. When you start putting gay marriage, pedophilia and beastiality on the same podium, you're not looking for level headed discussion on the issue.
    hopped up on outrage and limelight

  4. #334
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    I just don't like him because of how I'm supposed to pronounce his last name. Naturally, my tongue tries to sound out "Car-el-sun", but it just doesn't work out.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  5. #335
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    What I find interesting is that these people will get some early attention and then go full retard in front of the media. It's almost like watching people trying to one up each other on crazy
    If you want a full retard on camera:
    1. Planned Parenthood's Snow saying let mom decide, even on a botched abortion
    George Will: Johns Hopkins’s and Planned Parenthood’s troubling extremism - The Washington Post
    2. Gun control Dem rep DeGette thinking high-capacity magazines are one-time use
    Democratic Lawmaker Thinks Firearm Magazines Are One-Time-Use : Personal Liberty Digest™
    3. Biden, any and every day, including his great warning shot advice
    image.jpg
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  6. #336
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    If you want a full retard on camera:
    1. Planned Parenthood's Snow saying let mom decide, even on a botched abortion
    George Will: Johns Hopkins’s and Planned Parenthood’s troubling extremism - The Washington Post
    2. Gun control Dem rep DeGette thinking high-capacity magazines are one-time use
    Democratic Lawmaker Thinks Firearm Magazines Are One-Time-Use : Personal Liberty Digest™
    3. Biden, any and every day, including his great warning shot advice
    image.jpg
    if you read the discussion, we are talking about how there is a trend with the gop flavor generating public interest, talk about running for potus, crazy rants that sinks all notions about a political career, with it finally ending with the individual sinking back into obscurity

  7. #337
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    I can't help but notice that no one is asking Dr. Carson for his birth certificate.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #338
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    if you read the discussion, we are talking about how there is a trend with the gop flavor generating public interest, talk about running for potus, crazy rants that sinks all notions about a political career, with it finally ending with the individual sinking back into obscurity
    I've been up on the thread. My point is the other side actually lets people who say stupid crap retain their position representing them.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I can't help but notice that no one is asking Dr. Carson for his birth certificate.
    I can photoshop that for him!

  10. #340
    Educator Ryanm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-07-15 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    639

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    The most important thing in my opinion is that Dr. Carson recognizes a lot of the general problems about the country. His religious views and opinions are his own. Everyone has an opinion about something. What separates us is whether we recognize that we disagree and accept it or we treat the people with whom we disagree as enemies. People who have the "us vs them" mindset about politics are the problem. Conservative or liberal? Really, so we have a country with over 300 million people living in it, and only two sets of opinions cover all of the possible combinations of opinions?

    Dr. Carson recognizes that we have poor representation. He said politicians have only a 6% approval rate, but a 90% re-election rate. There's something wrong with that. You shouldn't need to agree with all of his opinions; as a matter of fact, you shouldn't need to agree with anyone's opinions. What we need is to pay attention to those whom we elect to represent us. When we elect someone and they simply do what they want, then that's not representation, it's called delegation.

    Dr. Carson is obviously very religious. I used to be his neighbor when I was growing up until I was 13 and they moved; I went to school with B.J. and Royce. I have closed the Sabbath with him and his family a few times, and I did not pray when they were all taking turns saying a prayer because I was not comfortable not being religious myself. He was okay with that. No lectures or sitting me down to have the Jesus talk; he just isn't like that, but he is, just like everyone else, entitled to have his own opinion. As long as we remember that politics shouldn't be about what reps, senators, governors, and presidents personally think and that the most important quality in those people is integrity and the ability to actually represent people with as little bias as possible we will be okay. Unfortunately, that will probably be a cold day in hell.
    Warning!: Above information may contain a combination of sarcasm, logic, and opinions in part or in whole by the author. Neither the literal correctness of word usage or of proper understanding to those unable to interpret the context of said writing, nor clarification by the author in cases of poor interpretation by said reader are guaranteed.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •