Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 360

Thread: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So tell me Einstein, how exactly does that refer to God? And how exactly does that infer religion and state are combined? Or that the US Constitution was written with God as an integral part of it?

    Cue up the dodge.
    I can't wait to hear this! It's going to be a lulu of conservative glossing!

  2. #302
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,288

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I can't wait to hear this! It's going to be a lulu of conservative glossing!
    I wouldn't hold your breath for anything substantive. The next time he posts something meaningful will be his first.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Whose and Which God(s). There are religions that have different interpretation of God and even the number of Gods. Which one(s) supersede's Federal Laws?
    There is one one Creator of Heaven and Earth. Jehovah, Allah, different religions have different names for him, that doesn't make him multiple Gods any more than you split into multiple people whenever your friends have opinions of you different than each others' opinions of you. His laws supersede every government's laws at all times. This only poses a problem for evil governments, because God tells us to obey the government, even when the government is being unfair. God says only to disobey the government when the government tells you to do something evil (including telling you not to something, where the lack of action would be evil, like telling you not to follow your own religion) . The religions with multiple "gods" , are worshiping angels, which were created by God. These angels are arrogant, and deceive humans into worshiping them by posing as "gods", but they're not superior to humans. If one of them tells you to do something or not do it, that's just a random opinion from a random person, not a Law.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Not in my goverment. Get back to me when you find God in the US Constitution.
    I find God everywhere. His Law supersedes the Laws of every government in the world. If there's a place where you can't find God, I recommend leaving that place.

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    I find God everywhere. His Law supersedes the Laws of every government in the world. If there's a place where you can't find God, I recommend leaving that place.
    I did leave that place to save my soul.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Actually it doesn't.

    But if you're talking about Christianity, then Paul says in Romans 2 that anybody who condemns gays is a sinner. I guess they didn't teach you that in rightwing christian Sunday School
    Yes, I am talking about Christianity, and they did teach me that in Sunday School, in a church where politics weren't preached from the pulpit. They also taught me where God told Daniel that humans must obey the government even when the government is being unfair, but if the government tells you to do something that God has called evil, you must disobey the government. How does that apply to gay marriage? If the government tells you that you have to be gay when you're straight, or have to be straight when you're gay, that's unfair, because you can't choose to be gay or straight unless you're Bi. But it's not evil to be gay or straight, so rebelling against the government about it would be wrong. If the government tells you that you have to have gay sex when you're straight or have to have straight sex when you're gay, that's still unfair, but now it's wrong. It's a sin to have gay sex and it's a sin to have straight sex with anyone but the person to whom you have 100% committed yourself to in marriage, and gay people just can't commit themselves 100% to people they have no attraction for at all. Then it's not only okay to rebel against the government, it's mandatory. But it's still okay ONLY to rebel against that ONE law, you still have to obey all the other ones. If the government tells straight people that they have to have sex with straight people and gay people that they have to have sex with gay people, Then it's unfair, because sex is a personal choice, and it's wrong, because gay sex is a sin. It's okay to rebel against the government if the government orders gay people to have sex with each other. It's not only okay to rebel against the government, it's mandatory. But it's still okay ONLY to rebel against that ONE law, you still have to obey all the other ones. If the government passes a law saying that being single is illegal for everyone above age 19 and that everyone has a year to find a mate, and that every straight person must marry a straight person and every gay person must marry a gay person, that would be unfair. It might be very difficult for everyone to find their soul mate that fast. But unless that law also requires that the couple must have sex, it's not a wrong law, just an unfair one. It would not be okay to disobey that law. If the government passes a law that straight people may marry straight people or remain single, gays may marry gays or remain single, that wouldn't be unfair. Now some people might feel like it's unfair. Some people pay big money to be members of exclusive clubs. It makes them feel superior when they have something that others don't have. If they spend ten thousand dollars to join a country club with no Jews allowed, and Jews build a country club identical to theirs across the street , with everyone allowed, they feel like they've been cheated out of ten thousand dollars. They also feel like they've been cheated out of superiority. They feel that if everyone else also gets rights or privileges they've always had, they've lost something themselves. They feel like their own marriages are less valuable because gays across the street have marriages just like theirs, just like they feel their country club has lost value because Jews across the street have a country club just like theirs. This is not Christianity. This is asshole-ism. So is it an unfair law? If it isn't unfair, God says to obey it. If it is unfair, God STILL says to obey it. A law is only wrong if the law tells people to do something that God says is wrong, and the only thing God forbade only gays from doing, is having gay sex. So the government may pass laws requiring or allowing gays to do anything other than sex, and it wouldn't be wrong, regardless of whether it's fair or not. Not if this were 12th Century England, sex out side of marriage were illegal, and and couples were required by government law to have sex on their wedding night, then a law allowing gay marriage would be wrong. But this is 21st Century America, sex outside of marriage is legal, marriage without sex is legal, and therefore a law allowing gay marriage wouldn't be wrong. It might be unfair because marriage typically encourages or validates sex, but God said to obey unfair laws. .

  7. #307
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The rightwingers miss the days when all blacks were independent

    Thumbs down.

  8. #308
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,288

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    I find God everywhere. .
    Wow, you got it bad girl. Good luck with that.

  9. #309
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The ultimate goal of conservatism is to misuse political labels because conservatives can't make arguments on the merits of anything.
    Yes, that's it. Precisely. Conservatives can't offer any argument of merit.

    I always appreciate your "clarifications"; they're so simply and stupidly easy to digest.

    I'm just astonished that somebody as smart as you obviously are is so willing to so frequently proffer dumb cheap shots.

  10. #310
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,288

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    Yes, I am talking about Christianity, and they did teach me that in Sunday School, in a church where politics weren't preached from the pulpit. They also taught me where God told Daniel that humans must obey the government even when the government is being unfair, but if the government tells you to do something that God has called evil, you must disobey the government. How does that apply to gay marriage? If the government tells you that you have to be gay when you're straight, or have to be straight when you're gay, that's unfair, because you can't choose to be gay or straight unless you're Bi. But it's not evil to be gay or straight, so rebelling against the government about it would be wrong. If the government tells you that you have to have gay sex when you're straight or have to have straight sex when you're gay, that's still unfair, but now it's wrong. It's a sin to have gay sex and it's a sin to have straight sex with anyone but the person to whom you have 100% committed yourself to in marriage, and gay people just can't commit themselves 100% to people they have no attraction for at all. Then it's not only okay to rebel against the government, it's mandatory. But it's still okay ONLY to rebel against that ONE law, you still have to obey all the other ones. If the government tells straight people that they have to have sex with straight people and gay people that they have to have sex with gay people, Then it's unfair, because sex is a personal choice, and it's wrong, because gay sex is a sin. It's okay to rebel against the government if the government orders gay people to have sex with each other. It's not only okay to rebel against the government, it's mandatory. But it's still okay ONLY to rebel against that ONE law, you still have to obey all the other ones. If the government passes a law saying that being single is illegal for everyone above age 19 and that everyone has a year to find a mate, and that every straight person must marry a straight person and every gay person must marry a gay person, that would be unfair. It might be very difficult for everyone to find their soul mate that fast. But unless that law also requires that the couple must have sex, it's not a wrong law, just an unfair one. It would not be okay to disobey that law. If the government passes a law that straight people may marry straight people or remain single, gays may marry gays or remain single, that wouldn't be unfair. Now some people might feel like it's unfair. Some people pay big money to be members of exclusive clubs. It makes them feel superior when they have something that others don't have. If they spend ten thousand dollars to join a country club with no Jews allowed, and Jews build a country club identical to theirs across the street , with everyone allowed, they feel like they've been cheated out of ten thousand dollars. They also feel like they've been cheated out of superiority. They feel that if everyone else also gets rights or privileges they've always had, they've lost something themselves. They feel like their own marriages are less valuable because gays across the street have marriages just like theirs, just like they feel their country club has lost value because Jews across the street have a country club just like theirs. This is not Christianity. This is asshole-ism. So is it an unfair law? If it isn't unfair, God says to obey it. If it is unfair, God STILL says to obey it. A law is only wrong if the law tells people to do something that God says is wrong, and the only thing God forbade only gays from doing, is having gay sex. So the government may pass laws requiring or allowing gays to do anything other than sex, and it wouldn't be wrong, regardless of whether it's fair or not. Not if this were 12th Century England, sex out side of marriage were illegal, and and couples were required by government law to have sex on their wedding night, then a law allowing gay marriage would be wrong. But this is 21st Century America, sex outside of marriage is legal, marriage without sex is legal, and therefore a law allowing gay marriage wouldn't be wrong. It might be unfair because marriage typically encourages or validates sex, but God said to obey unfair laws. .
    Can you say paragraph?

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •