Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 360

Thread: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

  1. #201
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,131

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Ben Carson: Liberals Don't Like Me Because They're 'Racist' (AUDIO) | TPM LiveWire

    Honestly, how can anyone take this man seriously? Sure there are racists on the left. Certainly more than their fair share on the right as well.
    This is part of the problem, right here. "Some" on the left, yet "certainly more than their fair share" on the right. The Democrats branded themselves the party for minorities, every bit as much as Dodge brands it's truck for the tough blue collar man. And by the transitive property, that must necessarily mean that Republicans represent the part of "everyone else," i.e. whites. They must be racist, on the whole, or at least moreso, right?

    When you make inane comments like this man has, and you put yourself out there as he has, expecting not to be criticized on one's position is rather short sighted. Playing the race card just looks shallow.

    The guy may well be educated. But he certainly looks stupid.
    President Obama and his campaign played the race card to its FULLEST in 2008, even while making a completely sexist campaign against Hilary (and then discounting and making light of that campaign's complaints of discrimination).

    Let it be remembered that Candidate Obama said it was his goal to visit all 57 states. Was there massive outcry about his inability to run the country for not knowing such a simple fact as the number of states in the Union he would be presiding over? No, there wasn't. Liberal apologetics glazed that one over as a simple flub or campaign exhaustion or whatever, even while still blaming Bush for making flubs. You see, when a Republican is in office, they must be held to the absolute highest standard, because they are representing America to the entire world.... but they world understands when a Democrat makes a gaff, because Democrats are usually tired and stressed out from providing for women, minorities, and the poor, and all while combating the evil Republicans who are trying to subjugate the world for diabolical purposes.

    There was a time not too long ago when nobody, black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever, could say a single negative thing about Candidate and President Obama without being immediately and vehemently accused of being a racist and nitpicking simply because of the color of his skin. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, people can find all kinds of negative things to say about this Republican "token" "Uncle Tom" phony followup media stunt. But that's not racist at all, now is it?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  2. #202
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,661

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What?...LOL!!! Woodrow Wilson was a Leftist and he was racist as hell. So was Theodore Roosevelt. Wilson's father was a slave owner, in fact.

    So, let's don't try that makeSocialism into some sorta pure as the driven snow bull****. Socialists have the highest body count of any other political group/government in human history.
    And dont forget LBJs comments...the real reason he signed that civil rights legislation...he got them folks voting democrat for the next 200 years by golly.

  3. #203
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And dont forget LBJs comments...the real reason he signed that civil rights legislation...he got them folks voting democrat for the next 200 years by golly.
    That's right!

    Libbos forget--more than likely, they never knews--that it was the Republicans in the late 50's that wrote the very first civil rights legislation and it was Liberals like Al Gore, Sr. and LBJ that killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So when liberals freak out when Sarah Palin starts talking it's because they're sexist too?

    How about when conservatives freak out when Obama starts talking? Is it because they're racist?

    People who talk about the liberal "plantation" are racists. They're using a word that's deliberately racially charged because it'll get a rise out of people who think like that.

    That said, I don't see anybody freaking out about the obvious bias in the question.
    Well perhaps if your screen had a mirrored finish you would see at least one freaking out.......

  5. #205
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What?...LOL!!! Woodrow Wilson was a Leftist and he was racist as hell. So was Theodore Roosevelt. Wilson's father was a slave owner, in fact.

    So, let's don't try that makeSocialism into some sorta pure as the driven snow bull****. Socialists have the highest body count of any other political group/government in human history.
    I highly doubt that there's any accuracy whatsoever in that least sentence of yours. What do Roosevelt/Wilson have anything to do with socialism not being synonymous with marxism?
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  6. #206
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    I highly doubt that there's any accuracy whatsoever in that least sentence of yours. What do Roosevelt/Wilson have anything to do with socialism not being synonymous with marxism?
    Marxism is just a version of Socialism. They're about as different as National Socialists in Germany and the National Facist Party in Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #207
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Ben Carson: Liberals Don't Like Me Because They're 'Racist' (AUDIO) | TPM LiveWire

    Honestly, how can anyone take this man seriously? Sure there are racists on the left. Certainly more than their fair share on the right as well.

    When you make inane comments like this man has, and you put yourself out there as he has, expecting not to be criticized on one's position is rather short sighted. Playing the race card just looks shallow.

    The guy may well be educated. But he certainly looks stupid.
    Actually, he apologized for the misconception due to his choice of wording. It was not his intention to link homosexuality with pedophilia or anything else. And he clearly stated that it was not his intention to link them so.

    You seem not to care about that though.

  8. #208
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Marxism is just a version of Socialism. They're about as different as National Socialists in Germany and the National Facist Party in Italy.
    Then therefore, they are not synonymous. Thank you for justifying my original point, and you are now awesome in my eyes.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  9. #209
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually, he apologized for the misconception due to his choice of wording. It was not his intention to link homosexuality with pedophilia or anything else. And he clearly stated that it was not his intention to link them so.

    You seem not to care about that though.
    Yeah nobody believes that. Comparing homosexuality to beastiality and pedophilia is a common meme for the religious right.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #210
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Ben Carson: Liberals Don’t Like Me Because They’re ‘Racist’ (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And dont forget LBJs comments...the real reason he signed that civil rights legislation...he got them folks voting democrat for the next 200 years by golly.
    Actually you really have to lack historical knowledge to make that claim. Blacks overwhelming voted Republican following the Civil War but started voting for Democratic presidents by a large margin with the election of FDR. There was definately a bump...from 70ish percent to 90ish percent following Civil Rights but the only large shift following Civil Rights was the loss of the deep south white vote. Which still votes consistently Republican.

    Edit: Truman actually recieved above 80% of the black vote...of course well before the Civil Rights Act was passed in 64.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •