Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 357

Thread: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

  1. #141
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    translation: You caught me now I will pretend to argue something completely different.

    I will accept your defeat.
    Translation: You have no argument.

    I love victory.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Or look into Robert Byrd or George Wallace for examples of how they never left the dems in the first place.
    You mean the dixiecrats who stayed in the party? Seriously, i don't have time to teach a person like you the nuances of history of that time. It is obvious that an ignorant view of history supports your poor argument, and i cannot expect you to back off of your misrepresentation of the realities of the shift in the parties that occurred around that time period. But you feel free to use that poor argument. I am pretty sure regular people know that the republicans would never elect a black president, and the democrats did. That would be the end of the argument that the republicans are the anti-racism party.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Translation: You have no argument.

    I love victory.
    That is about as true as your argument that the reps are the pro-black party.

  4. #144
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    That is about as true as your argument that the reps are the pro-black party.
    Show me my argument that the Reps are the pro-black party.

    Hint: I said no such thing.

  5. #145
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I agree- he should have just called them what they are. Illegal immigrants. They skirted our laws to get here, and that wouldn't be tolerated in Mexico.

    Illegal immigrants which his family hired. He may not want to draw attention to that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #146
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    All Americans called them wetbacks. The country had a program called Operation Wetback under Dwight Eisenhower and over a million of them were deported.
    We also used to call people "ni**ers" and "wops" also. If this guy were a Democrat, you'd be all over him like a fly on dog****.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #147
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,731

    GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    We also used to call people "ni**ers" and "wops" also. If this guy were a Democrat, you'd be all over him like a fly on dog****.
    Except 'wetbacks' isn't a racial or ethnic slur. It's a term to describe illegal immigrants who get here via water. Water is wet, and when people come here illegally through water, their back gets wet, hence the term Wetback.

  8. #148
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Except 'wetbacks' isn't a racial or ethnic slur. It's a term to describe illegal immigrants who get here via water.
    which non-hispanic people does wetback refer to?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #149
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    We also used to call people "ni**ers" and "wops" also. If this guy were a Democrat, you'd be all over him like a fly on dog****.
    That's an excellent analogy for a Democrat.

  10. #150
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,731

    GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    which non-hispanic people does wetback refer to?
    Which non-Hispanic people come here illegally, through water?

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •