Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 357

Thread: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

  1. #131
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    First of all, perhaps I should have been more clear, show me Republican politicians saying those things. Rush Limbaugh is not a politician of any party. Quoting him is like quoting Howard Stern on the topic of female breast exams. And then quoting some random woman on Facebook? Fail. And the one politician that you referenced did not say any of those things that you referenced. He's against gay marriage, so what? I fully suppor gay marriage myself, but I have no qualms with those who are against it.
    Goalpost move.

    Face it, the GOP is the home of racists and homophobes.

    Too much tea party racism - Salon.com

  2. #132
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's because you're either too young to have been around for it or you lived a very sheltered existence.
    We all know the Southern Democrats of the 60's were bad people. Sadly today's Republicans are following in their footsteps.

  3. #133
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's because you're either too young to have been around for it or you lived a very sheltered existence.
    It was the Democrats who were hardcore pro-slavery and didn't want it abolished. Yeah, so now I guess they are still to this day trying to make up for that little blemish in their history.

  4. #134
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Goalpost move.

    Face it, the GOP is the home of racists and homophobes.

    Too much tea party racism - Salon.com
    Goalpost move? How so??? There are Republicans and Democrats from all walks of life and in every occupation. Showing me a quote from a random woman who says that she's Republican, and a quote from a radio talk show host says nothing.

  5. #135
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Goalpost move.

    Face it, the GOP is the home of racists and homophobes.

    Too much tea party racism - Salon.com
    And you quote Salon to make your case? That's rich.

    Look, it's like saying the dems are the home of elitists, socialists and snobs. There's some truth to it in some cases, but applying it to the group invalidates it and makes it into just another slur against that group.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It was the Democrats who were hardcore pro-slavery and didn't want it abolished. Yeah, so now I guess they are still to this day trying to make up for that little blemish in their history.
    Anyone who knows history also knows that the dems and reps swapped places on those issues. Republicans trying to take the position they are the pro-black party is like Michael bay trying to claim he is like Shakespeare. Oh, and if you are unaware of such things I suggest you look up Strom Thurmond. He is a good example of how the old prejudiced democrats switched names in order to cause this sort of confusion.

  7. #137
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,730

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Anyone who knows history also knows that the dems and reps swapped places on those issues. Republicans trying to take the position they are the pro-black party is like Michael bay trying to claim he is like Shakespeare. Oh, and if you are unaware of such things I suggest you look up Strom Thurmond. He is a good example of how the old prejudiced democrats switched names in order to cause this sort of confusion.
    I wasn't aware that any party actually claimed that they are the 'pro-black' party. Now THAT would be racist.
    Last edited by The Man; 03-30-13 at 03:50 PM.

  8. #138
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Anyone who knows history also knows that the dems and reps swapped places on those issues. Republicans trying to take the position they are the pro-black party is like Michael bay trying to claim he is like Shakespeare. Oh, and if you are unaware of such things I suggest you look up Strom Thurmond. He is a good example of how the old prejudiced democrats switched names in order to cause this sort of confusion.
    Or look into Robert Byrd or George Wallace for examples of how they never left the dems in the first place.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I wasn't aware that any party actually claimed that they are the 'pro-black' party. Now THAT would be racist.
    translation: You caught me now I will pretend to argue something completely different.

    I will accept your defeat.

  10. #140
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: GOP Lawmaker Calls Hispanic Workers ‘Wetbacks’

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Or look into Robert Byrd or George Wallace for examples of how they never left the dems in the first place.
    really?
    ... George Wallace emerged as a major third-party candidate in the Presidential campaign. As the founder, organizer and director of the newly-formed American Independent Party, Wallace secured a place on the ballots of all fifty states. He carried five of those states in the general election, won forty-six electoral votes, and drew over 9.9 million popular votes--the highest popular vote of any third-party candidate in American history ...
    The Campaign Rhetoric of George Wallace in the 1968 Presidential Election
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •